StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaiban, the Medium [Available]

Do things you can't. The Strongest's Avatar

Kaiban, the Medium [Available]

Name: Kaiban
    Spoiler for Abilities:

Weaknesses
    Kaiban only has so much ammunition that he brings with him, and once that is expended he loses the ability to participate in ranged combat.
    Kaiban lacks remarkable strength, agility, or endurance, being quite average physically.

Personality Notes
    Kaiban was more or less shanghaied into an agreement with Walden, tasked with hunting down the one who gave Gin the order to kill him. Kaiban is quite subservient to Walden, even as Walden tries to reign in the influence he has, to some degree.

Kaiban is a charitable man, generous with what he has and generally willing to help others.

At the same time, Kaiban’s vice is envy, and there’s something gratifying about knowing that other people are needing his help that keeps him going.

Although he's willing to defer to his master, Kaiban can be cocky, in part because his understanding of the supernatural essentially only goes as far as his and Walden's own abilities, and the existence of spirits. He considers himself a man grounded in "the real world" and is willing to explain away the fantastic in more reasonable, though likely incorrect, terms.

Appearance Notes
    Kaiban is 5’9”. He has somewhat tanned skin with blonde hair. He has an athletic build, brought on from doing most of his business on foot, as well as some time spent doing home exercises to maintain his body. His clothing is a comfortable mishmash of blues and greens. He also owns a gray business suit that he wears with a nice, white button-up shirt and red violet tie, for when more-formal attire is necessary.

About/Story
    Kaiban was born a medium, socializing with ghosts and growing to consider them friends. His family was perfectly accepting of the whole thing, but he still felt an outcast in society. That is, until he met Walden, a spirit hunter that took him under his wing. While Walden sought to force spirits out of the material world, however, Kaiban found that he would go on to seek out ways to let them cross over on their own. Often, they would have something that he wanted, and for the price of some material trifle, he would go on to help them. Eventually, he and Walden parted ways. Kaiban developed his own powers, until he found that he had a talent for controlling spirits and convincing them to do his will. Spirits would cross over, because he asked them to, and they would give up their most closely guarded secrets with a quiet please. He was living comfortably, until he met his old master, again. Walden had been killed, and so he came to Kaiban to find the ones that had ordered the hit.
    Spoiler for Demo:

Battles
    [Scheduled] Kaiba vs Abra

Score
    0/0/0/0

Spoiler for Q&A:
    Last edited by The Strongest; 08-01-2017 at 06:57 PM.

My interest has been piqued, I request a battle. Deadline is gonna be a bit because I have another battle pending, but I do hope you'll put Abra on your hit list.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    This is a cool concept, and in my opinion is well done.

Wow.

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Thanks for the kind words.

I sent you a pm, Aquila, about figuring out a battle.

It's stressful how tempting it is to put the last touches on my ex-ghost and use him to only fight this guy before switching back

Got some world questions for you though:

Do all dead people become ghosts?

And are mediums/spirit hunters small circle were everyone knows/knows of each other?
    Last edited by Crank; 05-19-2017 at 06:09 PM.

As far as Kaiban knows, he and Walden were the only ones with supernatural abilities. If there is a tight circle, Kaiban's unaware of it.

The way I've been doing it, all dead become ghosts, but not all ghosts are spawned stuck on the material plane. Ghosts result from deaths that occurred in great emotional strife, such as deep regret, fear, anger, despair, etc.

And weren't you running, or planning to run, an Encounters thread for exactly this kind of thing?

Heh, oh yeah. Should probably make those additions then

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    Heh, oh yeah. Should probably make those additions then
    Is that last bit directed at me?

If my currently scheduled battle goes through, I'd be willing to do something with you, since its deadline is somewhere between one and two months out. If it doesn't, well that's my schedule that much more free.

Yeah, I'd like the excuse to try this guy out! Might take a day or two to finish tweaking though

Sure. Let me know when you're finished!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information