StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

Lavernius smiled back, "Good luck." He stated as he watched her go. "I hope the best for him." As she walked off he turned back and caught a glimpse of a woman vomiting next to Atlas. He walked out and approached Thalia. "Illaya? Oh dear, here let me help you." He skirt around the puddle of bile and placed his hand on her back. "Illaya I think you need to lie down, if you don't mind, can I carry you back? I don't think you're in the condition to walk anywhere." If she said yes, or at least didn't refuse, he would pick her up like a princess and take her back to his room to lie her down on the bed.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Illaya. She nearly heaved again at the utterance of the name. Regardless, some part of her was relieved to see Lavernius. Thalia didn't know how she would react to being in Faye's company right now. The magic had dug up thoughts and emotions that Thalia spent years to suppress. She didn't object to Lavernius' offer, but instead wrapped her arm around him as she fell in close, keeping her head nuzzled into his shoulder. Her hand gripped tightly on his shirt to hold herself up. She still had too much pride to let him carry her through a crowded tavern to her room. Thalia managed to huff in amusement, "you should be careful of how close you get to me, Lavernius."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

A blush ran across his cheeks like wildfire but he swallowed the hot emotions and gave her an affectionate smile. "I think that's a risk I'm willing to take." Lavernius took a few breathes of the cold air to help clear his head, ridding himself of the dots clouding his vision thanks to the alcohol. He kept an arm around her waist as he slowly got up and began leading the way back through the inn. One hand was clasped over the hand around her neck and he drew her close, keeping a weary eye on the drunken patrons. Lavernius moved slowly, both for her sake and his own. The artist made she they weren't moving too quickly for Thalia and but at the same time fast enough to make good time. Climbing up the stairs was an arduous task, but with one hand on the railing, he slowly hoisted the two up to the second floor.

As they walked down the hallway, he stopped in front of her room. "Would you like some privacy or do you need my help?" He paused at what that might imply and hurried to take it back. "I mean... I think I should give you some privacy." And he took his hand off her waist.

Thalia held onto Lavernius for a moment before responding, "I need some time alone, actually." She found her key and unlocked the door before stepping away from Lavernius. She didn't turn back as she entered her dark room and shut the door, locking it again.

After making her way to the bed, Thalia collapsed on top of it.

He was almost glad that she also broke away, he didn't want to repeat what had happened in the morning despite... all of it. The man walked to his room and closed the door behind him. He locked the door and when he looked at the bed, realized how tired he was. Lavernius slowly walked to his bed but before he lied down he took off his bloodied shirt and slowly sat himself down. He opened the knapsack and pulled his sketchbook out. The artist didn't get the chance to show the girls the picture he drew. The two women were reaching out to each other, their fingers barely brushing against each other and they acted like a bridge to connect vines that traced around their arms like ribbons and then around their body to be the only garb they wore. Hanging off the vines were jasmines, flowers that represent grace and elegance among other sweet words. He closed the book and placed it back in his bag, perhaps he'd get to show them later. With a yawn he lied down and quickly went to sleep, the room cool thanks to the slightly ajar balcony doors.

"Alright..." Faye leaned back in her chair with a sigh. With her calming down a bit and no immediate danger, her healing spells have proven themselves much more effective compared to when she was shaken back in the alleyway. The girl focused on repairing internal damage and eliminating possible infections, after which she sealed the wounds shut. She also made sure to clean the injuries and surroundings with clean water, and tightly bandaged man's torso to restrain his movement a little and prevent the wounds from opening again. Now all there was left, was patience and hope Ravhin's was strong enough. And Faye knew he wasn't one of weak will, he proved it during his trial.

The girl stared at her patient thoughtfully, but her leg became restless and a grimace slowly contorted her face, as cruel realization engulfed her mind. Faye suddenly jumped off the chair and began to nervously wander around her room, before eventually approaching the window. Sticking her head out for a moment, the Thaa'nas summoned her construct, and retrieved its eyes, gems attracted by her palm like strong magnets. "Sorry bud...you know what to do." She murmured and stepped back, closing the window shut as Atlas froze below it, still active. He didn't need these for this specific duty now assigned to him. Faye rubbed the gem's smooth surface before placing them on her nightstand, and began to bustle around the room. Collecting few of her belongings, and making sure the doors and windows were definitely locked, Faye eventually went to the bathroom and turned on the shower, undressing herself in the meantime as water got warmer. The girl passed through the curtain but instead of reaching for soap, she stood under the shower's head with her eyes closed, letting the streaks of water splash on her face, and run down her slender body.

"What are the odds..." Faye looked down, watching the water bright red from blood, go down the drain. Not her blood. Not yet at least. But she knew how things work already. Knowledge is a powerful weapon, but it has more than one edge; Hear or see one thing too many, use it where you shouldn't and you find yourself on the wrong end of this blade. Is that what happened to Ravhin? Faye ran the memory of what he told her, and then when she saw him again with that Shield during the festival, even though he was supposed to be gone. Both of them were supposed to be dead now so the line up kind of made sense...Unfortunately, there was no way of guessing, she'd need him awake...and alive to get her answers. Only thing certain was that the blade probably has turned towards her as well, and she didn't know the wielder, nor the cause.

Having her bath finished, the girl put on a simple white shirt, laced at the top, and silky cyan pants. Considering her bandana, Faye refrained from tying it onto herself for the first time in a long while and put it in her pocket instead. She left the bathroom and absently threw her ruined clothes into the trashcan. Opening the wardrobe she pulled out some additional sheets, that she then placed on the floor - Her bed for the night, and perhaps few more to come. Sleep however was the last thing Faye could think about, even though it was quite late. The girl knew she won't fall asleep today, unless she pacified herself. Checking on Ravhin for the last time, she snatched the room's key, some money, and one of the gems, then made her way downstairs for some serious drink. Should anything start happening in her room, Faye would know thanks to the devices being one in her pocket, and the other on the nightstand.
    Last edited by MrSkully; 07-14-2017 at 04:38 PM.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Faye Petralis, the Dancing Horseman | First Floor
    Despite the distress and hubbub that happened earlier, the inn did its best to return to its previous state. She found Trivana nowhere to be seen, she assumed that in her own hurry, she did not notice her leave, she could assume Reevus had left as well since they were partners. Milanee and Esther, approached Faye.

"We have what you need, Miss Faye," Milanee began. Esther had the items on hand; bandages, towels and some others while Milanee had a bucket of water on hand. "We will be placing them in your room."

"If you need help, don't hesitate," Esther added and soon they were off upstairs. Joyse then approached the Thaa'nas, worry plastered on her face, she brought a mug of ale for Fate, setting it on the counter with a smile.

Lavernius Mylarc & Thalia Valgeiros, the Dancing Horseman | Front
    As Lavernius hobbled with Illaya so that they could enter, a legionnaire had just exited the inn.

"All right, let's go," the woman legionnaire said.

"'S'well in the inn?" the other asked.

"There is a four man squad in there, they'll be fine," the other said as they began to depart.

"Tch, if two mages couldn't handle it..."

That was all Lavernius and Illaya heard until they were out of earshot. From behind them, Atlas approached the window.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 07-14-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Spoiler for :

Thalia couldn't sleep, not with the way her throat was burning and stomach aching. She got up out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash the taste and smell of bile out of her mouth before leaving her room. Her strength had returned once a bit as she lied down, also regaining her composure.

When Thalia made it downstairs, she spied Faye sitting at the counter and pushed down her growing hatred of her kind. Thalia sat down next to Faye, pat the counter twice signaling to Joyse that she wanted something. She had the maid bring her a mug and a plate of cheese bread. Her arm wrapped around Faye as she brought the Thaa'nas in close to her, squeezing Faye against herself. "Glad to see you made it back. How's your friend?"

"Mmm..." Faye had her mouth full when Illaya hugged her, as the girl just refused to put the mug down, effecting in almost spilling its contents when the girl was jerked to the side. "Ah, Thank you. He's fine...well, not fine but definitely better..." The girl answered once she swallowed, and pulled back a little. Not that she minded, but sitting on a stool such position was rather uncomfortable. "So it was my turn for a scary story huh... does that count?" Faye chuckled bitterly, before taking another big swig. "Hell of a night huh...I was sure you guys went to sleep already, what you've been up to?"

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Thalia shrugged, "I was sitting outside with Atlas when he woke up and ran after you. I guess I got up and followed him without really thinking about it. Thought I heard something a few buildings down from where you were so I turned into an alleyway to see what it was. Turns out it was just a fuzzy little animal looking for food. By the time I made it back out to the street, you and Atlas had already made it back." Her food and drink had arrived and the fisherman-girl wasted no time stuffing her face with bread and washing it down with ale. She stared in front of her rather blankly for a moment, "I saw the body, you know. Your friend is lucky."

Thread Information