StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

"Hmm...?" The girl blinked couple of times, puzzled. She expected any reaction, be it a sudden refusal, or the woman playing along. Meanwhile, there was nothing. Faye pulled back her hands, before straightening up, and then leaning down again. With her head sideways, she listened to Illaya's steady breath. She fell asleep... The girl leaned back confused, not sure what to think about it, before she burst into laughter. She must've overdone herself with the whole relax thing...Or her story was just that boring. Either way it was quite amusing. "Aaaah...shame." Faye calmed herself down and muttered. She had last look at woman's exposed skin, shiny from oil and dim light coming off candle's dancing flames, before she shook her head with another snort of laughter, and carefully pulled Illaya's clothes down to cover her up.

"Well, that will be a good story to tell next time someone asks me for one of this kind." Too drunk and relaxed herself to walk to her room, Faye let herself just slowly tilt to the side and fall flat on the bed like a cut tree, heavily hitting the soft surface with her back. This will be her consolation prize; not having to sleep on the floor tonight. She will remove herself in the early morning and Illaya won't even have to know. For now however, the girl stared at the warm flicking blur of light on the ceiling, with her fingers interlaced on her stomach and a smile on her face, slowly calming herself to sleep.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

26th of Maaris 2700 AF, Morning
    4 Days before The Landing of the Lords Day.

Salvation Point
    The city was suddenly turned into an extravagant showcase of glass and crystal. Spires of glass rise to meet the Monolith at the center of the plaza, mimicking the spire of Aureon or Symphonius. Banners raised from each of the larger houses: Lorcanis amongst the largest on them, their crest emblazoned on the fabric as it flowed in the wind. Glass lanterns seem to have replaced most of the plaza's lighting overnight.

However, security seems to have tightened around the Vadalian city. The common folk whisper the murder of a Thaa'nas last night, only to be drowned out by the festivities. No evidence of a murder was seen either way and most had already dismissed it as a drunkard's tale or a doomsayer spitting nonsense.

Some say that the Seat of the city will come to make an announcement later on, right in the plaza; Baroness Younghaven, herself. No one has heard from her since announcing the start of the six day festivities, some assume she was busy with the talks for each of the festival's host Realms, others say she finally found a man to continue her line.

The Dancing Horseman
    The inn, as was the morning before it, was silent. A few drunkards have remained in the tables, passed out or still strongly asking for more ale when obviously the last one seven refills ago should have been their last.

There was not much noise from the outside as compared to the Izukani's music and performances. The Lorcasian festival wasn't as noisy but noisy still, the sound of cheers and moving wagons echo the city.

Milanee and Esther had taken turns caring for Ravhin the night before, the wounded Thaa'nas lay on the bed, breathing still quick and skin a bit pale. So far, there was no sign of him waking up.

Spoiler for :

Thalia had woken up and slid out of bed leaving Faye completely undisturbed. She lit a few candles around the room and opened the curtains a bit to let the morning sun in. After stretching for a minute, Thalia got on the ground and began her usual morning exercises, focusing primarily on her core. She was surprisingly quiet, making sure not to wake Faye up. It was the least she could do after the magic Faye had done for her last night. After half an hour of exercises, Thalia got up and walked into the bathroom. She left the door cracked as she ran the water and got undressed. Her dagger was still strapped to her thigh, but was easily removed after undoing two buckles. Faye would likely wake up to the sound of the running water, but Thalia didn't really mind as she stepped inside.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Lavernius woke up to the sound of cheers and wagons and got up with a shiver. He rubbed his temples and felt the dull thuds of his headache slowly fade away. The artist closed the balcony doors and made his way to the bathroom where he promptly stripped and washed himself. Finished, he dried off and went to his wardrobe where he put on a bone-white dress shirt under a tiger orange vest with silver pockets and paired them with a pair of black pants. He spritzed some perfume on his wrists and rubbed it behind his ears before heading out.

Lavernius first went downstairs where he met Joyse and ordered a kettle of Crownland's coffee along with two cups. Once he had them on a platter, along with a pitcher of cream, a small bowl of sugar cubes, and some scones, he walked back up the stairs. He went to Faye's door where he knocked gently and it opened to reveal Milanee. "Oh good morning Milanee, I didn't expect you to be in Faye's room. Does that mean she's not present?" He wondered where the Thaa'nas could be and he glanced back at Thalia's room before looking back at the waitress. "Have you been taking care of her friend? Well how kind of you. Would you like some coffee and scones? I was planning on sharing this with Faye but seeing as you're the one doing all the hard work, you deserve them more." He smiled charmingly. "Mind if I come in?"

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Faye lazily raised her eyelids, woken up by the light and subtle sounds of the morning. Even when drunk, her sleep was light as ever. The girl blinked few times to clear her blurred vision, and found herself in a familiar room, but not hers. She turned on her other side, dropped her bare feet on the floor and sat up. Slouching forward with her eyes closed and rubbing her both temples with fingers of one hand, she struggled to connect all the dots for a moment, before the drunken memories came back and it finally hit her.

"Aaargh..." Her fingers clenched into a fist against her forehead, and the girl limply dropped back on the bed the moment she realized what woke her up; a running shower. She overslept. Her first reaction was an urge to just leave as soon as possible, but how much more pathetic would that be. "What is wrong with me..." Faye hissed and sat on the edge of the bunk again, trying to recall how much she drank the night before. Conclusion was simple; not even close enough to justify her sleeping in a stranger's bed, just because she was too lazy to leave...especially if said bed was occupied by said stranger already. Now she'll have to go through the embarrassing process of explaining herself. How do you even explain something like that?

Faye put on her shoes, and got up with a heavy sigh. The girl started to aimlessly wander around the room, waiting for Illaya to leave the bathroom, thinking what to say. She stopped by the drawer on top of which Illaya's cosmetic rested, carefully opening and smelling some of them, or trying a little on her wrist.

Thalia didn't take too long in the shower. After stepping out and drying off, she gathered all of her things and walked back into her bedroom, only covered by the towel wrapped around her. Faye had that look on her face again, like she had done something wrong. Thalia interjected before Faye could say anything, "I really enjoyed having your company last night. My back thanks you," She crept up behind Faye and hunched over, placing her head next to Faye's and purred, "and so does my long black hair, deep black eyes, and absolutely amazing curves." She playfully bit Faye's ear before sidestepping the woman and retrieving some clothes from the dresser. Still facing Faye's direction, she untied the towel and let it drop to the floor. She put on an emerald green shirt and buttoned it up the center before pulling on a pair of black pants. She looked at herself in the mirror, analyzing the color of the shirt and calculating before she walked closer to the dresser and broke out her make-up. She used a dark green rustic colored eye shadow before putting on her black mascara and eyeliner, making her eyes really stand out before applying a bit of color to her face as well. The final touch was a shade of lipstick that didn't do more than highlight her pink lips to make them stand out with the rest of the makeup. Thalia took hold of Faye's hand and smelled her wrist before giving a nod of approval, "Evergreen, then." She grabbed a green vial of perfume from the dresser before spraying once on her neck and again on one of her wrists before she rubbed it in with her other wrist. After she replaced the perfume back on the counter she opened the jewelry box and started pulling out more jewelry than she probably needed. On her right hand, Thalia wore two elegant rings on her right ring finger, a large ring on her middle finger that had a long oval shield forming with the shape of the finger it was worn on, and a smaller ring on her index finger. She wore just one ring on her left ring finger that was topped with a triangle shaped base inlaid with black diamonds. The final touch was one bracelet around her right wrist. All of her jewelry was made from silver.

As Thalia sat on the bed and put her socks on, she already anticipated Faye's first question, "This guy back at home really wanted to get into my pants, so he bought me a lot of gifts to try and convince me. It didn't work, but I'm much too vain to give them back." She grinned as she put on and buckled her black boots. The final touches to her outfit was a black sleeveless vest and a leather belt. She rummaged through the clothes she had thrown on her bed and pulled out her dagger, still in it's leather holster, and strapped it to her thigh.

When she heard the bathroom doors open, Faye jumped away from the cosmetics and locked her hands behind her back. Anything she wanted to say evaporated from her head in an instant leaving her speechless, and before the girl regained her composure Illaya already began to speak. She just wanted to apologize for yet another intrusion but didn't know how to start, or which words to use.

When the woman quoted her word for word, Faye's whole face turned so red, that Illaya could swear that if she was to touch her cheek, she'd burn herself. "You...You heard that...Then..." Gods. Why. The girl covered her face with both hands, in a desperate and naive attempt to hide the bitter embarrassment, and shook her head. "I am so. So. Sorry... None of this was supposed to happen." Her voice was obviously muffled, and it took everything she had within herself, to not just start spewing unintelligible apologies for each one thing. She sat on the bed and slowly raised her head, just to see Illaya naked right in front of her. Too late to cover her eyes back again, her lips parted a little, unable to say anything again and eyes drifted up, before her head abruptly snapped to the side. It really seemed like Illaya felt totally comfortable with the whole event, so the girl slowly began to calm down, as her blush faded.

Her eyes were placed back on the woman once she had some clothing on herself, and Faye curiously observed the process of her makeup, examining every move. She herself never really cared about gussying up, the effects always seemed so...flimsy and temporary for her. Besides, alone in the ruins or her workshop, there was rarely anyone to appreciate it anyway. Still, maybe she should get more interested, some day. A quiet "Pretty." unwillingly escaped her mouth when Illaya turned towards her, and her body tensed for a moment, before her intention became clear.

"Pfff...You don't return gifts. That's why they're gifts." Faye returned the smile, and got up. "I should probably get going and ready myself as well, huh?" She noticed Illaya strapping a weapon to her leg but hasn't asked any questions. It was obvious that with her looks and profession, such protective measures were necessary. Not everyone had a giant statue to defend them, after all.

"I suppose you should, unless you'd prefer to lay in bed all day." Thalia closed the curtains and put he candles out, "besides, I'm sure Mr. Do-Good is already in your room to greet you with coffee and a snack." She chuckled, clearly amused with herself, and opened her bedroom door. After stepping out into the hallway she said her goodbye's to Faye before leaving the Dancing Horseman, trusting the woman to close her door behind her. Thalia walked down into the plaza, looking at all of the scenery and taking in the atmosphere of the festival. To the outside world, she probably looked like someone truly trying to enjoy themselves, but what Thalia was really interested in were the latest rumors or any signs of foul play happening in Salvation Point. Erenzo's offer, the woman that was arrested and later freed, and the assassination of Thaa'nas were all connected, and Thalia was determined to find out how. Not for Faye, or Erenzo, but because she wanted to paint her body red with the blood of that man from last night.

Lavernius Mylarc, the Dancing Horseman | 2nd Floor
    Milanee was surprised at Lavernius' knocking.

"Oh," the server maid blinked. "Yes, umm, she hasn't been present since last night. Esther and I have been taking turns." When Lavernius asked if he could enter, Milanee hesitated. Esther arrived from the stairs, carrying brand new bandages over her shoulder and a pail of water.

"It would be best for the Thaa'nas to rest," Esther interrupted, she bowed her head when Lavernius had looked to her.

Spoiler for :

Lavernius coughed, "Of course, how unbecoming of me. Excuse the interruption then." He handed Milanee the platter of coffee and scones. "You two enjoys these then. After all your hard work, some sweet scones and strong coffee would seem much needed. I wish you both a good day then. I do hope you get the free time to leave and enjoy some of the festivities." He gave them both a curt bow before departing. He went back downstairs where this time he ordered breakfast for himself and Thalia who he assumed was probably still lying in bed, getting some much needed rest. The artist wondered if Faye was with her as it would explain the Thaa'nas' absence, so for good measure ordered another bowl of soup with bread. Unbeknownst to him, Thalia left the inn as he was ordering so once he got his order of three meals, he made his way back up the stairs to find the door open. Lavernius called into the room. "Illaya? Faye? Are either of you in there? I brought breakfast."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Thread Information