StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

Lavernius grinned brightly, he didn't have much time to chat but he was willing to give her the small amount he could. "Itsuka, wonderful to see you. I'm actually not here to do either, in fact I just have a very tentative hold on a room that overlooks this beautiful festival. I'm planning on painting the ceremony as the first piece for my portfolio. Only fitting my paintings of the world start where it all began. Well basically all began. Can't go back to Ur now could I? However," he peered over her shoulder and looked about. "I am feeling a little judgey," he winked, "are you selling your works? I would love to have a look at them."
    Last edited by Aquila; 06-06-2017 at 09:23 PM.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Faye walked slowly with her head down murmuring something and counting on her fingers, pulling out a notebook every now and then as Atlas traipsed behind her with heavy stomps. "...And then two above Forestfall, that'd be...Hmm?..." She noticed an obstacle with the corner of her eye, right in front of herself that unlike the others hasn't quite moved out of the way. The woman stopped and raised her head, her eyes trailing on a blue coat all the way up to 'obstacle's' face high above her own. "Ravhin! Long time." Faye's expression quickly changed from puzzled to a bright smile as she took a step back to give the man some space. "Huh...You look good in blue. What were you...oh right. I've been on my way south. Few ruins to check, move some rubble around, maybe visit my parents on the way... Buuut since I stumbled in time for the festival I thought I might as well stay for a while and enjoy myself." Faye smiled even wider. "What about you? Business or festivities?" She also slightly leaned to the right, staring at man's forearm. "Is your arm good again? I still feel bad about that you know..." All words spoken by the woman were addressed fast and with soft, slightly high pitched voice.

Meanwhile Atlas swarmed by the kids stood completely still like a solid statue, staring at its owner's back as if almost silently begging for help.
    Last edited by MrSkully; 06-07-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Grammar check, one minor sentence deleted.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

A black hood helped cover most of the assassins face while a black cloak helped to further conceal the blades strapped to her skin tight leather killing suit. She had been hearing voices again and couldn't get any sleep in her small cozy room at the Dancing Horseman. The voices weren't of anyone in particular, though Thalia sometimes believed they might have been those of the people she had killed, or their families reaching out to curse and haunt her. Memories started bubbling up and she quickly shoved them back down in the deep darkness of her mind, forcing them back out of existence. Being on the streets was a bad idea, she realized. There were too many people around, too many witnesses if she had another episode and began chopping her way out of the city. If she were to die in this gods forsaken place, it would not be from a dagger in the back. The woman fled to the closest alley and began scaling the side of one of the buildings.

The rooftop gave her a better vantage point for scouting as much information about the city as she could, but more importantly it helped get her away from the madness down below. Not that she didn't occasionally enjoy a bit of madness and the chaos that followed closely behind it. She noticed something very interesting through the crowd on the other side of the plaza. A large, moving automaton. They were popular among the elves, but elves weren't in a place like this, were they? She decided to move closer to get a better look.
    Last edited by Arch-Angel; 06-07-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: spacebar
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Mari's eyes scanned the men with disgust and shame, slowly analyzing every single cut that each one had, until reaching Filian. She hesitated for a moment, before crossing her arms behind her and taking a deep breath.

"Care to elaborate, Filian? To my eyes, there was no possible way that a group of 20 well trained scoundrels, thieves and brawlers couldn't easily secure this type of task. But clearly I am wrong, because here you are, WITH NO CRYSTALS IN SIGHT!"

Mari took two aggressive steps towards Filian, until the two were face to face.

"So Filian...elaborate."
    Last edited by DelorMaximus; 06-07-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Lavernius Mylarc, Edge of the Plaza

Yasuno smiled. “Course I am, I can’t have these Vadalians show us off,” she said haughtily. “And go ahead. It’d be nice to have an honest opinion for once.”

The Izukanese stepped aside and allowed Lavernius a look at her stall. It was a small and plain looking stall with nothing but a table and a banner that stood over it, however in stark contrast to that were her works: marvelous pieces of wood intricately detailed and sculpted in tiny trees and sceneries. One had a two people on a hilltop, swinging their child by the arms. Another had a fisherman captured in a scene where he had just caught a carp, the attention to the water’s movement was inspiring to say the least. But what caught Lavernius eye could have been the larger one, not on the stall table itself but behind it. An unfinished work but it was reasonable as to why: the Isle of Foxes was carved onto the side of a whole timber section, crashing waves and fog completed the surroundings but the isle itself was a slab of wood.

“Well?” She asked playfully. “What do you think?”

===

Faye Petralis, Plaza of the Monolith

“Ah, it’s healed pretty well.” Ravhin stammered slightly. “The Wands took care of the injuries and in a week’s time it was done.”

The Staff Thaa’nas sighed slightly before speaking. “I’m here on business unfortunately, Jocasta1 had wanted, er, well ordered me and some other Thaa’nas and Legionnaires to investigate some anomalies in Lorcas. Something about the criminal underworld is off there.”

The children had begun to climb onto Atlas back until their parents carried them off, telling them not to bother the two mages and their construct, much to their dismay and protests.

===

Marianna Laranis, Market of Six - Sarnath Section

In front of the warehouse stood the lone heiress of the Laranis House, amongst her were what remained of her smugglers team and empty crates.

Filian attempted to speak but couldn’t find the words. It was true, they were twenty and he couldn’t swallow how they were defeated so easily, until one of the others spoke.

“They were shadows,” one of them said, looking tentatively at his team before he swerved his gaze back to Mari. “They were like shadows. They didn’t face us head on at first… “

When the man felt Mari’s gaze land on him, he fell silent only for Filian to continue the story.

“They used Hiraya,” Filian said. “They used our men against us. We could count maybe one or three of them but they used some mind trick turn the tables. Mari, they didn’t kill the men... they took them as well.”

===

Thalia Valgeiros, Plaza of the Monolith

As the retired assassin moved in for a better look at the automaton, her coat got latched on a child’s hand, one of which was being carried away by his parents.

Quickly enough, the mother noticed the sudden tug and turned to face who her child had probably bothered again.

“My child is a bit grabby today,” she apologized with a nod. “Say sorry, Pryven.”

The boy looked at Thalia but didn’t let go of the coat. “Apologies, Miss. Your coat feels like it was caked with blood.” Pryven smiled brightly.

FOOTNOTES

1 Jocasta Aeromanus Olvira, Path Leader of the Staff Sect of Thaa’nas. Crownlander, once of a Least House.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 06-07-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Spoiler for :

Lavernius looked at the stall with a sparkle in his eyes. The amount of detail she puts into her work has never been short to amaze him. "They're beautiful Itsuka, the fact you find the works of the Vadalians as something to compete against is a staggering compliment, I must go see their works next. Magnificent as always however this one..." He looked at the carving of the Isles of Foxes and was surprised to see his hand reaching out to touch it, like a child reaching for candy. His other hand grabbed it and brought it back to his side and he passed her a sheepish grin. "I could only describe it as being miraculous, the level of love and dedication you're putting into this work is something else entirely. It feels alive."

He kept looking at her works and his eyes fell upon another carving. It wasn't as dramatic as the Isles of Foxes and shunned in a corner but caught his eyes because it was of a small girl in a kimono twirling in a field of flowers where resting on some were butterflies. The delicacy of the piece was shown by how there were chipped petals, broken stems and snapped wings. But he couldn't help but stare as he softly murmured, "She would love this..." Lavernius looked back at Itsuka. "I hope your pieces find wonderful owners." He clapped his hands over hers and stared at her warmly. "I hate to leave but I must begin my own work now." He kissed her on each cheek as a farewell and merged back into the crowd as he pushed his way to the Dancing Horseman.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

"Oh, I see...So you're only passing by? You won't be staying till the end?" Faye saddened a little, before frowning and slightly tilting her head. "Wait...Shouldn't Shields be taking care of that? What kind of 'anomaly' we're talking about if they're sending Staffs?"

Hearing the commotion around Atlas the woman turned her head around. "It's okay really, he won't hurt them." She smiled. "Hey Atlas, copy!" Faye bent her right arm so that it had about 90 degrees and straightened her pointing finger; a gesture the automaton quickly repeated with a rumble, giving kids more opportunities to play as he remained in that position. Satisfied, she turned back towards Ravhin, still same smile present on her face. "So?"
    Last edited by MrSkully; 06-07-2017 at 09:14 PM.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

She smiled at the young lad and brushed his hair with her fingers, "You've got quite the imagination. Sorry to disappoint, darling, but this cloak is rather new. It hasn't had the privilege of tasting another's blood just yet." She plucked the child's hand from cloak, with force if she had to, and stepped away.

Maybe coming coming out in the day was a bad idea, and maybe wearing her assassin garb wasn't the greatest idea either. Then again if things always did go south, she didn't want to have to return to that inn for a few extra knives. Dealing with grabby hands would just have to do. The woman began moving back in the direction of the large automaton.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

At the sound of the word Hiraya, Mari's attitude changed drastically, but she did well to not show it. She backed away from Filian, turning around and giving him her back. Her right hand creeped up to her chin, palming it pensively while her left one rested on Sabi's pommel. With that new information in mind, the situation had changed entirely: her activities weren't targeted anymore by mere rivals. It was something much bigger now. But she needed more information before formulating a plan.

Mari spun around, blank expression on her face, and addressed Filian.

"Take them to the alley doctor. Tell him I sent you. Afterwards report back to headquarters. Dismissed."

Moments after the woman spun around and headed deeper into the alley. If there was one person that could shed some light on this conundrum, it was Marcus.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Lavernius Mylarc, Approaching the Dancing Horseman

The artist brushed through a lot of people, both interesting and not. The Plaza was filled with different people, and he noted a statue with children climbing on top of it, though he found it odd that it was made of stone, as he was sure today was for the woodwork. Either way, he reached the other end of the circular center and approached the Dancing Horseman. It was a low class inn but it did have its finer points, a finely crafted wooden bench sat outside underneath a hanging sign that had an image of a horse dancing alongside his rider. The place also appears to have a bar below the inn itself and he could hear a bard and a singer playing inside.

When he entered the establishment, Lavernius was greeted by one of the maids.

"Greetings, welcome to the Dancing Horseman, good sir," she said meekly and with a curtsy. She wore a casually, her hair tied in a bun and covered by a net and wrapped around her waist was an apron. "Will you dine or be staying?"

A voice from the back of the bar suddenly called out, revealing a plump woman, maybe in her thirties and wore similarly to the girl. "Milanee, don't be daft, this is the wealthy one who reserved a room." The woman1 leaned forward on the bar and acknowledged her new customer. "You are Lavernius, yes?"

The sound of music filled the room as guitar strings were expertly tuned and the voice of the singer seamlessly accompanied it. The inn filled with people but not to the brim, people had sat down, listening to the sweet music and drinking.

===

Faye Petralis, Plaza of the Monolith

Ravhin nodded slowly. "Yeah," the Baelthanese Thaa'ans said. "But I guess that's fine right? I've missed a bit of festivities from the pilgrimage anyway. Whats one more?" A hint of sadness echoed in his voice but he tried to hide it with a shrug.

"I don't know really? Jocasta had argued with Vysterious for some time to allow a Staff to accompany the search group. Seems big," he said, also confused himself. "I mean, if its just a manhunt, for sure, Shields and legionnaires would suffice... but all she said was that I should go. Something about Draxir2 something."

When Faye had given permission, the children broke free of their parent's grasp and ran towards Atlas and began scaling the golem without fear. The parents then had no choice but to watch, someone else decided to watch too, a cloaked figure just behind Ravhin but she could just be like anyone else, marveling at Atlas.

===

Marianna Laranis, Market of Six - Sarnath Section

With her word, her men were lead by Filian to the alley doctor while Mari herself left the area for another part of the Sarnath Section. She took a left and then another, deeper she went but she was never lost. Soon enough, she found one of the abandoned structures ever since the Sarnath section was cleared of all its native inhabitants. It used to be one of the old centers where all the trade from Sarnath would pass before let out into the public but now it was home to Marcus and his team of information brokers.

With a knock on the rickety door, Mari was let in by a young guard with a sword in hand. She passed him and some rooms full of paper and a couple of men and women exchanging words. Mari went upstairs to see who she was looking for, an aged man, no further than his fifties but looking spry despite it. His graying hair and faded brown eyes hid his ability to read through people and what they needed. Marcus was accompanied by short woman who had his tea waiting on hand while he sat on the floor amidst lots of paper reports.

"Did you know the Izukanese make the finest teas, Mari?" the Vadalian coughed without looking at his visitor. "They have this way with leaves and herbs, do it quite well."

===

Thalia Valgeiros, Plaza of the Monolith

Pryven let go easily and was confused, the mother as well who hurriedly took her child away, muttering something in fear.

Thalia easily flowed through the crowd and made her way towards the automaton. She noticed two coat wearing Thaa'nas had been beside it while a group of children were being wrangled by the parents. When she got close enough to see the golem clearly, the female Thaa'nas suddenly spoke: "It's okay really, he won't hurt them," the mage smiled. "Hey Atlas, copy!"

And the golem did copy her, raising its hand like the mage did. Suddenly all the children came back to grapple on the construct and the two Thaa'nas began to converse again.

FOOTNOTES
    1 Lavernius know her as Joyse Adeline, caretaker of the inn.
    2 Faye recognizes the word Draxir but can't really remember where she read it.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 06-08-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Spoiler for :

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information