StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

Mari presented herself in front of the two guards, proudly standing in front of the two, chest out and shoulders straight. She first at one, then at the other, a faint smile creeping on her face.

"I was told that the Legion still holds my personal effects. I would gladly have them back, thank you." she proudly stated, giving each guard an authoritarian look. She crossed her arms, her smile disappearing in a moment.

"Now if one of you two gentlemen would be so kind to lead me to the armory, I'd be much obliged."

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

As Faye watched the commander leave, she bit her lower lip and hopped on her toes before gathering enough courage to speak up again. "Excuse me, ma'am?" She still wasn't quite sure how to properly address the woman. "If I may ask. What is...what is happening? Why would someone want these two dead so bad?" The girl paused, waiting for Ashtoreth to stop or perhaps even turn around." I mean... I know it may look like selfish curiosity, but that's not what drives me here. When something like this happens to a Thaa'nas, to someone I know...to anyone really, I feel obliged to, and would really like to help. In any way possible. Hence me asking." There was genuine concern in Staff's voice. "Also..." Faye let out a long breath. That, was a selfish part. "Since Ravhin is currently under my watch, and I myself haven't exactly kept it...discreet back at the crime scene, I would like to know what I may have to deal with. If there is to be a situation that would require such knowledge... While I'm obviously by no means a soldier or a bounty hunter, I can definitely fend for myself out there, and perhaps be of assistance as an additional pair of eyes, ears and hands." Having said her request, Faye once more fell silent awaiting the response.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

The blade rushed for Thalia's chest but the assassin instead waited until it got too close for Merylin to alter her path. On a heel, Thalia twirled against the glaive's outside and slid across the long handle until she found herself behind her opponent. Merylin made to spin harshly but jerked back as thalia's foot connected to Merylin's right thigh, just above her knee. The glaive wielder slashed defensively as she stepped away, a slight limp in her right leg, Thalia twirled the Masamune, altering her grip in a hungry response. Merylin stretched her leg before roaring and charging Thalia, swinging the glaive around wildly, forcing Thalia into retreat. The assassin's foot caught the end of the stage as Marylin made to swing again. The glaive moved much quicker than Thalia anticipated and stopped just short of smashing into the assassin's side as she made to slip away. "Guess that's your point, Miss Day."

The two reset to the center of the stage, taking up their poses before the second round began. Round two started similarly to the first round, but rather than using sly tactics to counter Merylin's moves, Thalia swung her masamune with feline grace to counter the swift attacks from the glaive. It only took a moment for Merylin to open her lower body up as she lifted the glaive, aiming to strike in a downward motion. Thalia jerked her hips forward, smashing another kick into the exact spot that the first had landed on Merylin's right leg. Merylin grunted louder than she meant, and it took all of her will to not let go of the glaive, or to stand. Half of the crowd was silent in anticipation while the other half were practically screaming in compensation. Another powerful strike flew from the glaive wielder, perhaps in a last ditch effort. Thalia's masamune knocked the glaive aside, exposing Merylin's back where the masamune fell swiftly to meet the nape of her neck. "Guess we're even, dove."

The two retreated away and Merylin could not hide how much her leg was failing her as she limped away. Another volley of swift attacks from Merylin followed after the announcement of the third round. They were more focused, stronger, quicker. Merylin stepped forward with that right leg and crumpled, signaling to Thalia that it was time to go on the offensive. After a few swift strikes from the masamune, Merylin's stance was quickly broken and Thalia stopped her blade short of where it would cut cleanly through Merylin's mid section had it been sharpened by the assassin.

The next two rounds went by rather quickly, both in Thalia's favor as Merylin was too exhausted to keep up her flurry of attacks. In a real fight, Thalia would have killed this opponenet quickly, but in a long drawn out battle she knew it would be wise to challenge her opponenets stamina and resolve. Merylin was a strong fighter, but her weapon choice and technique often left her open to attacks that Thalia quickly capitalized on. The glaive stabbed, slashed, and swung around slower than it had in previous rounds. Thalia could practically walk away from the attacks. Even when Thalia tried to end it, Merylin would pull through and deflect or dodge Thalia's attack. It was honorable to keep fighting the losing battle, but Thalia's body was also groaning in exhaustion, though she didn't let it show. The glaive fell wickedly and smashed against the masamune that barely made it in time to protect Thalia's head. With a huff and a mighty swing, Thalia sent the glaive skirting across the stage. She took a step to close the distance and stabbed violently at the air with her masamune, the point stopping right next to Merylin's cheek. "It was a good effort." Thalia smiled as she used the blade to pat Merylin's cheek twice in definant victory. Her head turned to a particular spot in the crowd and she blew a kiss to a Crownlander man standing in the back, cheering with his rainbow hair.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Lavernius watched the battle riveted, his hand no longer moving as he abandoned sketching to simply watch. He could only compare what he was watching to dancing, the way how Illaya moved was elegant and coordinated, there was no wasted movements, it was like watching a bird of prey hunt. Made the artist wonder if she truly was just a spokeswoman for a fishing company. He clapped along with the rest as she was announced the victor, and waved when she looked his way.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Marianna Laranis, the Glorious Legion Outpost | Outside -> Armory
    One of the guards nodded and allowed Marianna to pass. The crime boss found herself in the company of the legion, weapons and armor racks and some banners dot the rooms and halls. With a bit of asking, she found the way to the armory and found herself in the basement of the headquarters. The entire bottom floor was converted into a huge display of weapons and black and gold armor, neatly stacked in numerous shelves. Two guards had been station at the stairwell going back up and a single man sat behind a desk, filing some papers.

The clerk looked up from his papers and found Mari waiting impatiently in front of him. "You must be the leader of that gang the Commander's told me about. You fit the description, anyway. Is she that one?" He asked, turning to one of the legionnaires by the stairs who simply nodded.

"Okay," the clerk said. "Wait here."

With that, he stood up and disappeared into the armory behind him. Mari waited for a bit longer before she finally saw the man again, this time holding the pair of daggers. He stopped by the desk and handed the weapons over.

"I'd like to issue a warning that came from the Lord Commander herself. She says that even one wrong step will land you and your men execution."

Lavernius Mylarc & Thalia Valgeiros, the Plaza of the Monolith | Duelist's Tournament

Merylin Day scoffed and pushed the blade away from her face. "Good fight. Hopefully, we'll meet again for another one."

"That was one hell of a first match! The fiery Day was no match for Mylarc. Please exit the stage and hand over the weapons while you wait for your next round."

---

Yasuno shook her head and giggled. "Is it really a joke, Mylarc? You seem sincere with your call," she never took her eyes off of the battle, as did her colleague. "It seems as though you yourself are unconvinced of the nature of this joke."

When the fight had ended, Yasuno began to sketch. She drew two lines on her sheet that signified the attacker and defender's motion then quickly moved to the basic structure of the background then the people.

---

The other matches went by fairly quickly as the rest ended even before the five minutes were up. Thalia found some of the others quite an exotic bunch, one refused to use any of the weapons in the array and prompted to use his bare fists and proved to his opponent that he indeed never needed them. Another masterfully took the twin scimitars and overwhelmed her opponent with a flawless match.

The rest were alright to Thalia's eyes; skilled but not quite. What remained of winner's batch were those ten fighters, notably the fist fighter, two twin scimitar masters, a dagger wielder and a quarterstaff.

After the tenth match, the organizers called for the ten winners to come to the stage. Once again, the announcer came around, his voice still loud and clear. "All right, folks, we have our final ten! According to our judges, the leader in terms of points is the Lorcasian, Vermon Dextros, a master of the twin scimitars, decisively ending the match with not one point scored against him!"

The crowd cheers as Vermon takes a step forward and bows his head modestly.

"We will take a short intermission," the announcer mentioned. "Participants will be allowed to wander to the audience area if they please but no further." He then nodded and gestured the contestants to do as they please as he himself went off the stage.

Yasuno smiled as she completed several rough sketches of the rounds, by the time the announcement of the intermission came in, she was busy with a new sketch. "Curious, Mylarc," she started, not even looking up from her pad. "How did you meet such a fine warrior? By how she moves, she seems adept, more so than the rest of the participants."

"I've been watching her," Yasuno continued. "Not like how you do though but as I watched her, she seemed.. I don't know, wizened? A lot more hardened as if she acted on experience rather than training. If you look at this Vermon person,"

Yasuno flipped to her sketch of the match with Vermon in it, the man with the scimitars followed form to the dot.

"You can see him, his moves are blocky, solid but quick. With hers, its adaptive, fluid..."

She then flipped to the first sketch, of Thalia and Merylin. "She is different from these people. Maybe not the fisticuffs one but most of them."

Faye Petralis, the Glorious Legion Headquarters | Infirmary
    Ashtoreth looked over her shoulder gauging Faye's curiosity and sincerity.

"Thaa'nas being the target of a hate crime isn't uncommon although the successful one is a lot rarer," the commander turned around to face Faye, her eyes cold as ice. "Your concern is noted but unneeded. The Legion will take control of the situation before the Emperor arrives but if you worry of your own safety, what you may deal with would be same as with the two victims. I'd be careful where you tread, Thaa'nas. If the haeras cannot defend you against these killers, then you only have your wit to be your saviour."

The commander turned around once more and proceeded to leave before stopping again. "What are you in the Thaa'nas?"

Spoiler for :

"Think what you will Itsuka, but don't take me being silly as anything more than." Was the artist's answer. He had to convince her this was just a game and his call simply a joke and perhaps maybe, just maybe, it'd convince him as well. When the sculptor brought up her observations of Illaya's fighting style, Lavernius' ears burned red at what she meant by how he watched her differed from simply an analytical standpoint. It seemed her opinion was set in what she thought his relationship with Illaya, or in this case, Gwennifer was. He was glad his hair covered his ears as he addressed the other half of her acute observations. "Indeed, compared to the others, it does look a lot more like dancing than fighting. We simply met at the bar of the inn I'm staying at. I didn't know she was a fighter until now." The artist flipped through his own collection of sketches and noticed he was missing the one for her and remembered why. He flipped back to a blank page in preparation for the next battle.

It was an interesting observation Itsuka made, that Illaya was experienced rather than trained. It was confusing to grasp at first but easier when Lavernius simply put it into terms he understood better. A painter with experience is one who creates his own form while a painter who was trained simply follows a form already created. He wondered what it meant exactly in Illaya's case. "So do you think she is going to win the tournament?"

Waiting around for the intermission to end didn't interest Thalia too much. She would much rather be praised for her performance and to tease Lavernius some more, since she was in a particularly good mood. There was something magical about being in the middle of a crowd of people, at least in Thalia's case. Perhaps it was just being another face in the crowd, blurred out of actually existing in one form or another, or that the commotion was enough to keep her mind from listening to the voices of the dead, beckoning unto her. A smile was wiped from her face as she neared Lavernius and Yasuno and heard the artist's question. "Of course I'm going to win the tournament, were you not paying attention?" Thalia shooed Lavernius' hands away as she sat on his lap and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, facing him and Yasuno, "Vermon is their favorite, and I could beat him five times in less than a minute with any of those weapons."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Mari quickly made her way across the Legion building, heading for the armory. As soon as her beloved daggers were presented to her, the woman did not hesitate to snag them off from the table. Without a moment of hesitation she spun around, intent on leaving that facility as soon as possible.

"Pff, fat chance." she muttered as she exited the room. She had never been caught by the Legion ever since she started the Fangs, and this chain of events was but a slip up. The threats of the Lord Commander were empty, but she was intent on keeping her part of the bargain with Mr. Grayore, at least for the time being.

Once out the door, she waved off the two guards at the entrance with some attitude, and headed straight for the streets of Salvation Point. Although the rendezvous point was at the warehouse, it was still quite early. Besides, Mari could have used some fresh air. Maybe it's worth checking out the plaza. I wonder what's the deal with those crowds she thought as she navigated through alleyways and streets, headed for the Monolith Plaza.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Lavernius looked up to see Illaya and tried to argue. "I wasn't saying..." he was stopped by her brushing away his hands and sitting on his lap. "I-" the artist caught her name in his throat and continued, "Gwen please." He paused momentarily before tucking his sketchbook back into his knapsack and he placed his hands softly on her waist as he slowly got up, gently helping her onto her feet while getting up himself. "You can have the seat, you only needed to asked." Lavernius let go of her and smiled. "I'm sure you'll win handily, but a little more rest won't hurt."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Lavernius Mylarc, Thalia Valgeiros & Marianna Laranis, the Plaza of the Monolith | Duelist's Tournament
    Marianna found herself in a huge crowd as she arrived in the plaza. There seemed to be lots of hubbub about a tournament going on as she hears from the various voices in the crowd. She could hear names thrown in the air such as Vermon, Peton, Gwennifer and Lanaya. The amount of people wasn't much of a tight squeeze, she'd find the streets of Lorcas a bit more choking than this during rush hour.

As she passed through to the crowd, she came slightly closer to the center. From there, she spotted a familiar face, the one that talked to her during her time in the inn. The girl1 who warned her of what Grayore's possible motive. She seemed busy talking to the another man whom she recognized as part of the table the girl shared with.

---

Yasuno chuckled, hiding her laughter with the palm of her hand. "You make a fine couple, Mylarc."

The izukani woman then looked to Thalia with curious eyes and bowed her head slightly. "Mrs. Mylarc, may I ask you something? I'd like to know of your profession; you've got marvelous form in your movements."

FOOTNOTES
    1Thalia Valgeiros.

Spoiler for :

Thread Information