StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

Aladea : A Conspiracy of Spectres

Introduction:
    Four hundred years after the fall of the great Empire of Ur, six daring lords ventured out into the ocean in search for a new land to call home. Their travels have lead them to the continent of Aladea, a land rich with resources and new beginnings. However, this land was far from uninhabited, tribes and small nations have existed here long before they arrived but this did not deter them. Over the years, the six lords gathered their troops, marched forth and conquered; forging their own territories, fashioned their own cultures and created their histories. Wars were fought, lives were lost, peace was restored and people were content.

What still holds true is that Aladea is a fuedal land, what peace lies in each of the Realms are shallow, with only the might of the Crownlands to keep them in check and right now, something stirs underneath the false serenity. Shadows have begun to creep into Aladea's borders, coercing its men and women into unseen plans and deciding the fates of lives like pieces in a game. And once the final step falls into place, there is no telling what fate befalls the Realms.

Rules:

1. God modding is forbidden. I will kill your character on the spot if you do. It doesn't take much in a magical world to do so. This includes:
    • Using another's character without their permission
    • Doing something impossible with your character or have your character know something that he/she couldn't possibly know at the current time.

2. As much as possible, write your posts with correct grammar and be as clear as possible. You aren't the only one playing and if you can't be on Skype, this is more applicable to you since we won't be able to reach you as often as those on the chat room.

3. Editing is forbidden unless its due to these:
    • You need to fix grammar/spelling issues. Notify me.
    • You misunderstood previous posts. Notify me.

4. Do everyone a favor and read previous posts before you post yours. Everyone wants to have fun and RPing is best enjoyed when everyone connects.

Tools/Relevant Documents:
    If you are interested to play, PM me and I will be sending you some Google Documents regarding the entire RP. Once you create your character from these, send them to me and I'll judge if they're okay. Once done, you can post the character here and I'll add them to the roster.

Once you're in, I'll invite you to the Skype group.

Players:
    Spoiler for Aquila:

Spoiler for MrSkully:

Spoiler for DelorMaximus:

Spoiler for Arch:
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 06-05-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Spoiler for :

Heey! Sorry for contacting you here instead of PMing you. I've tried messaging you, but I can't for some reason. It says that you exceeded your PM Quota? I'm really interested in joining this RP. I'm no great by any means, but I have some experience. Maybe I could PM you the deets once you enough space for it?

Sent you a PM for the stuff you need.

Spoiler for :

Name: Lavernius Mylarc
    Race: Crownlander
    Profession/Class: Artist Mage (Hiraya/Danaa)

Spoiler for Skills/Talents:

Spoiler for Equipment:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Backstory:
    Last edited by Aquila; 06-05-2017 at 07:15 AM.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Name: Faye Petralis
    Race: Vadalian
    Profession: Tha'anas' Staff (Maat/Danaa)

Spoiler for Skills/Talents:

Spoiler for Equipment:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Backstory:
    Last edited by MrSkully; 06-05-2017 at 11:49 AM.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Name: Marianna ”Mari” Laranis

Race: Lorcasian

Profession/Class: Rogue/Scoundrel

Spoiler for Skills & Talents:

Spoiler for Equipment:

Spoiler for Personality:

Spoiler for Appearance:

Spoiler for Backstory:

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Spoiler for Thalia:
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Reserve post.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Reserve Post, but I pm'ed.
    Hello, gentlemen.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

24th of Maaris 2700 AF, Late morning
    6 Days before The Landing of the Lords Day.

Salvation Point, the city where the six Lords of Ur turned pioneers of a new age, settled and began their quest to conquer the new land set before them.

The city itself was alive with activity, colorful banners criss crossed the roofs above the brick streets with shops lining each side, calling out their wares. Boisterous music filled the air with mixing melodies with the Flute Thaa'nas telling the tale of Lord's Landing to younglings. Each realm had come in to see the parade and hold a party in theme with their own culture. Today, was given to the oldest of the kingdoms: Vadalias. The streets are lined with numerous book sellers, some of their finest works and tales. Wood sculptors showcased their marvelous art in the Plaza for all to see, competitors from all over Aladea fought to be the best.

Right at the center of it all, at the port where the six lords were said to have first arrived was the Plaza of the Monolith, a large expanse of white marble flooring with a huge column of the same material towering over a hundred feet, which ended in an obsidian cube that sat on its point. Its six sides was inscribed with the names of all who came and made Aladea what it was, one kingdom for each side; save for one that was magically wiped clean.

To the plaza's right was the Market of Six, a massive marketplace divided into six section, each teeming with the culture and life of whatever realm they represented. One could see the Izukani sector, filled with handmade goods such as woven baskets and artistic tapestries made from some of the finest silk. The Narbondese showcasing their best mithral weapons and armor, some endlessly polishing their wares to keep them shiny for onlookers and passerbys.

To the left of the plaza was the Izukani Quarter, a sectioned off part of the city where spiralling brick roads with trees and houses erected haphazardly everywhere without rhyme or pattern, much to the annoyance of the orderly Izukani. While the rivalry between the two kingdoms was quelled by the formation of the Empire, it is an open secret that the Vadalians did this on to spite the realm that shared their border; Izukani had wanted more farmland for their people while the Vadalians’ territory had the Twisted Wood to worry about, lessening their territory overall.

Directly in front of the plaza in the main road outwards, lied the Younghaven Palace where the keeper of the city, Baroness Ysire of House Younghaven resides. A vast garden constitutes her front yard alongside a few marble sculptures and fenced by a steel gate. Despite the extravagance, rumors say that she has yet to find a consort, and if she does not, her lineage ends and her hold on Salvation Point would transfer to a lesser House. And just in front of her abode lied Valerias Mansion, a similarly, if not more, grand domicile to the Master of Valerias. It was named a Mansion in order to avoid attention from his forward neighbor, as naming it as a Palace may shame the heiress of Younghaven.

Right beside the Palace lied the Temple of the Thaa'nas. A simple structure made of granite and whole timber. Its thirty granite steps lead to a huge columned front of timber made the signature look of the temple across all realms. Housed within are several Thaa'nas and some forty initiates at a time, each busy with a task, bustling their own way to do it.

With each passing day, starting from the beginning of the month, squads of the Glorious Legion had begun to pour in. The head of the Legion himself, Ashtoreth Vysterious is present, often making a pass in the plaza with several of his men each day's afternoon. Some hearsay tells of his worry about the deaths that have been trasnpiring around Salvation Point's vicinity but others brush it off saying: "What could the leader of the Legion fear?"

===

[Location: Izukani Quarter edge towards Plaza]
    Lavernius Mylarc, a man with purple hair and outlandish hairstyle, stood out amongst the people of the Izukani Quarter. He had just arrived from the quarter’s home kingdom and decided to capture the Day of the Lord’s Landing on canvas. Of course, he was ready, his tools and creativity always were. He was on his way to the Dancing Horseman, a regrettably low class inn overlooking the Plaza.

Luckily, he had sent a messenger just in time to settle a deal with the innkeeper to grant him the room with a balcony view of the Plaza. From his position, he could see the activity in the plaza, the competition being strong this time and immediately takes notice to an Izukanese amongst them. Yasuno Itsuka, a young female whose focus was unbreakable once she starts. She had a fantastic figure and had dark shoulder length hair cut straight at the ends. It didn't take long for her to notice her fellow in the arts and waved.

"Mylarc! Are you here to join as well?" She asked. "Or are you here to judge?"

===

[Location: Plaza]
    Faye Petralis, a Thaa’nas of the Staff alongside her hulk of an automaton, drew attention to herself amongst the people of Salvation Point. While news of a working golem isn’t unheard of among the Elves, it is among humans. Children took the most time marvelling at the Atlas powered construct but the Faye herself paid no attention to them. Her focus lied elsewhere as she was scouring Aladea for Elven ruins, clues of power that could further revolutionize her inventions.

However, one person did halt her focus and even stopped her movement. It was Ravhin Tolemus, a member of the Staff sect much like herself. He had shoulder length brown hair and stood a good foot higher than Faye herself and his blue coat hung on his shoulders. Faye had been asked to participate in the duel that tested Sworn to become Thaa’nas and she did, and as a Sworn, Ravhin proved that he was worthy.

“Miss Faye, a pleasant morning to see you here!” He started. “Are you by any chance here to enjoy the festivities or just on your way elsewhere?”

Meanwhile, Atlas was swarmed by children. The automaton simply allowed the younglings to move around him and poke at his arms and legs.

===

[Location: Market of Six, Sarnathi Section]
    Mariana Laranis, a scoundrel and heiress to a fallen House, has been spotted in the port of Salvation Point. He informants have notified her of some odd happenings in their shipments of synthetic crystal; stolen without a trace. She was later found deep in the Market of Six, at the Sarnath Section, waiting for her team to arrive and explain themselves.

In several minutes time, her team of smugglers had arrived, their bodies battered and bruised. They were speechless and out of breath but stood straight in respect of Mari. The supposed leader of the ragtag group of four was Fillian Demrow, a Vadalian with short brown hair with a short pony tail. He held the most wounds, blood dripping from his right arm. Mari remembered her team much larger than this but it didn’t really take much to know they died.

“I apologize, Mari,” Filian said with dismay. “Another shipment had been stolen. This time out in plain sight of us, as if to mock our skill. We did our best but… even our best didn’t match theirs.”

The other members kept their chins up, ready to accept any punishment for another loss.

===

[Location: Plaza]
    Thalia Valgeiros, an assassin of high caliber, has been on the run. Shadows have flocked to her and doesn’t know if they are real or not. Voices have been haunting her in her dreams and taunt in her waking moments. It hasn’t been this bad in months but the fear of her old friends strike fear and paranoia deep in her psyche. Thalia had found an inn in Salvation Point, the Dancing Horseman, a temporary home until she finds a more permanent safe haven despite knowing a parade in the honor of the six lords was to be held here. It has been common for her to kill during these occasions as well, the chaos of such an event provides the perfect cover for escape but she is tired, running from her old home to here.

Right now, she is out in the plaza, scouting escape routes in advance, weary of the trouble that could have followed her.

Tired, Thalia? She turned only to find people busy with their work.

Spoiler for :

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information