StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Aladea RP: Conspiracy of Spectres - 26th of Maaris

Lavernius was glad she wasn't looking at him as he covered his lower face with his hand to hide his blush. "I-Illaya..." He didn't know what to say. He didn't know what was happening. Something that he had approached so innocently was evolving into something more, something he never expected to grow. It was spiraling out of control and what terrified him was that he didn't see a way to stop it. He found himself on center stage alongside Illaya. Something was being built up to happen and what turned into a hot ball of guilt in his stomach was that if he let this duet continue then after the curtain falls on their time together, he wouldn't regret it, not one bit. He couldn't let this happen... he had to drop out but when he opened his mouth, nothing came out. Lavernius closed his mouth and his eyes in shame as he simply followed her, his silence became a song of its own as he failed to break the harmony, rather holding tightly onto Illaya's hand as she walked to register.
    Last edited by Aquila; 07-19-2017 at 09:04 PM.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Lavernius Mylarc & Thalia Valgeiros, the Plaza of the Monolith
    Lavernius looked elsewhere, trying to busy his mind. All he saw was the people of Salvation Point, no, the people of Aladea, flocking from every corner to celebrate the coming holiday. It was a spectacular time to be here, to be an artist and capture the moment. Looking to some corner, he spotted a couple of legionnaires carrying a man by the arms, arresting the man was more of a proper term. Before he could get a better look at the event, it was time for Thalia's turn in the line, the registry was manned by two people that sat by a desk, they looked gleeful at the amount of contestants that had registered and smiled.

"Greetings Madam and Sir," the man said. "To register, you just need to list down your names here on the paper." The man handed over a piece of paper with dozens of names already signed in. Thalia could count twenty just by looking at it.

Faye Petralis, the Dancing Horseman | Second Floor
    The Thaa'nas worked her magic on Ravhin, trying to be thorough this time around. If the server maids missed anything, she'd know.

As her healing weave settled on the man's body she felt a pulse, Ravhin's pulse to be exact. She could feel it weakly which only worried her more. Over the course of a few minutes, her spell managed to find five odd wounds. She sensed puncture wounds, deep ones found in places like the man's neck and wrists; thinner and smaller than daggers, akin to needles. And to pierce and run that deep, they'd need to have been at a high velocity. Faye noticed that these were deliberate and precise, not just in the heat of the moment. She didn't see anything on Ravhin when she got there nor does she feel anything embedded on him. Something was missing to the puzzle, could it have been something else?

A knock on the door signaled someone's arrival and the voice of Milanee came from the other side of the door. "Do you need anything, Miss Faye?"
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 07-21-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Spoiler for :

Lavernius' hand was warm, and the woman smiled at what her actions must have been doing to his mind, to his resolve. It was fun to get him so worked up, but it also made her wonder just how strongly Lavernius truly cared for his woman. She considered that perhaps after how long it had been, after how crushed he had been, his spirit was weak and flooded with doubt.

Thalia took the paper from the man, nudging her head towards Lavernius, "he won't be fighting, but I will." She gave them a saccharine smile before writing her name down on the paper. Gwennifer Mylarc. She handed the paper back to the man and strode away with Lavernius' hand still in hers. Once they were clearly out of line she released the painter and turned to him, "I imagine I've got a little bit of time before things here kick off, is there anywhere in particular that you want to go? Anything catch your eye?" Aside from her, of course.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

"Yes I'm just a spectator. I'm not a fighter." Lavernius smiled sheepishly. As they walked away and she asked what to do with the time remaining and asked if anything had caught his eye, besides you? He wondered but quickly abandoned that route of flirting, he had to distance himself. "You said you haven't eaten yet, so we should head over to the market and get you something to eat, perhaps we'll see some things there that'll peak our interest." The artist reasoned.

As Faye's fingers moved across Ravhin's body, she slowly ate slower and slower, eventually forgetting about the spoon in her hand and soup on her lap. "What...Strange..." The girl frowned and put the food on the side, moving her chair closer to the bed. She began to examine the small wounds both by observing with bare eyes, as well as with her spell, now focused on these. She tried to figure, what could be the target of such precise 'injury'. Nerves? Veins? Why were they there?

When Milanee knocked on the door, Faye answered without turning around. "Come in, please...Have any of you injected him with anything throughout the night?" The Thaa'nas asked curiously once the woman entered the room, pointing at Ravhin's neck and wrists. If that wasn't the case, there were still few possible scenarios she could've think of on the spot. One of them dropped out immediately. Ravhin couldn't be a drug addict. She'd feel the foul substance inside his body, but there was none. No trace of anything that shouldn't be there. Maybe these appeared either sometime before...or after the attack. But how? And why? This case was weird enough for her to believe that. After all, she couldn't imagine him doing that to himself 'just because', nor was that any Thaa'nas procedure Faye knew about. To achieve such precision another person would be needed...probably even more than just a person. More and more questions appeared but still not a single answer...Frustrating. Faye almost wanted to shake the man, to wake him up and get her answers.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Lavernius Mylarc & Thalia Valgeiros, the Market of Six
    The man at the register accepted the application, reminding them as well to be back by noon for the start of the tournament.

As they finished up, Lavernius lead the duo to the Market of Six, looking specifically for food stalls. They passed several from Baelthum and another several from Lorcas. It was any man's choice of flavor. There were a lot of people around as well but there were some hours still before the competition too.

Stalls from the izukani showed their love for fish, their meat raw wrapped in some seaweed and vegetables. Baelthum with smaller versions of their larger dishes, roasted chicken and beef, spiced wonderfully. Narbondel with its vast array of meats, seasoned little but very much savory despite it. Vadalian cuisine was a lot more prominent due to the availability of their ingredients, their food grilled with the wood, adding the trademark smoky flavor of their food.

Faye Petralis, the Dancing Horseman | Second Floor
    Milanee entered and curtsied. She held both her hands in front of her, one over the other.

"We have not, Miss Faye," the server maid replied. "All we did was tend to his wounds. Is there anything wrong?"

Spoiler for :

Thalia's mouth was watering at th sight and smell of the food. There were more options than she had imagined, and they all beat living off of that dank tavern's food. Baelthum and Vadalian cuisine were always good, but perhaps she would be more adventurous and try some of the Izukani's seafood. She dragged Lavernius with her down the line, scouting out all of her potential options before settling with Narbondel. It was new to her, but everything looked so juicy and plump and full of flavor. Her grip on Lavernius' hand tightened as she drug him to the front counter and looked the menu over. A quick glance at Lavernius, almost as if requesting approval. After a nod, she told the man at the counter, "I'll have your most popular dish."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

"You could say that, yes...There are injections on his wrists and neck that I haven't noticed before." Faye murmured. "I take it that no one else has entered this room while I was absent?" With Atlas outside, the doors were the only way inside the room. The construct wouldn't let anyone scale the building.

Faye quickly healed the tiny wounds; all but one on one of the wrists. Just in case she was to show it to someone. "Keep an eye on him and...here, give this back to Miss Astapor, should she come back. If I'm not back by then and she was to ask questions tell her I went to...'investigate'." The girl pulled out the key to Illaya's room and gave it to Milanee, after which she left the room, and then the Horseman. She doubted Illaya would care, nor Faye herself wanted to drag her into all this, but hey. You never know. It never hurt to let others know where you are. As always, she left a gem on the nightstand. It rested next to a barely touched bowl of soup.

"That is so strange..." On her way to the crime scene, the Thaa'nas tried to put the facts together. Sorting what she knew so far. Two Thaa'nas potentially designated to work on a criminal case were attacked during the night. 'Someone' - That is Faye - alarmed by the loud sound of breaking wood, investigated and has found them in the dark alley in moderately populated area. One of them was dead, the other - which she knew - was found dying. First question; Was that in fact the place where the attack happened, or were they just disposed there? If yes, why, and what could happen prior, in between. The injections? There was no way someone made such precise work in the time between the sound, and her arrival at the scene...Well, unless there was a way. But that just raised even more questions, so the girl stick with version where they had to appear before. Bah, for all she knew these may not even be connected to the whole case, but were suspicious nonetheless.

Anwyay, the Thaa'nas are found, there's no assailant in sight, but should still be in vicinity, alarmed moments later by Faye's yelling for help. Simple bump in the night is out of question. These are fully fledged Thaa'nas, more than capable of defending themselves. They also had their money still with them. Assassination attempt is almost out of question. The girl manages to initially stabilize the man with four stab wounds in his torso area - and apparently few more, tiny stabs she hasn't noticed - and escapes with him to safety without much resistance, even though the assailant is believed to have returned, watching them from the rooftops. Only lax attempt to stop them was a knife, thrown way off to the side, as if like a warning shot. Without any more trouble, the Thaa'nas get to their destination, man's condition is stabilized and wounds healed, but he doesn't wake up, perhaps because of blood loss - Understandable. No further attempts from the assailants were made... All this still made no damned sense... All Faye got out of this reverie was a tiny anxious thought, that there's too much coincidence included in this event.

When she finally made it to the alley, the girl began to investigate. It was still early in the morning, so not much should've changed, nor there were many people that would spot - or rather pay attention to her. She tried to find anything that felt off, anything that would bring her closer to knowledge of what could've happened. Maybe there was someone there, already working on the case she could ask. She didn't have her uniform, but there was a royal blue bandana still in her pocket.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Lavernius guided her through the bazaar and looked at all the food stalls. The smell of meat was very appetizing but as they passed the Izukani stalls he grew nostalgic and looked at the sushi. He missed the taste of good sashimi and contemplated getting some but Illaya's stomach soon took hold and she quickly dragged him away to stalls selling food from Narbondel. She quickly placed her order and Lavernius chipped in. "Also some water as well." He fished out the needed coins and paid for the meal.

Their most popular dish was a sampler plate, it offered a little bit of everything, different meats skewered on kebabs, all with their own special blend of spices. He picked up the plate and gave the shopkeep a nod of gratitude before offering the plate to Illaya, "Here, be sure to eat slowly." He picked up the flagon. "I'll hold onto the water, just tell me when you're thirsty." The artist looked for a place to sit so that she could eat comfortably and led her to an empty table.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread Information