StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vamprina :: Dormant :: [New Power Added - The Fearah]

Actually, her blades exist in a flexible, ribbon-like form beneath the flesh around her arm bones. When they come out, they harden and encase her second digit. So, yes, they technically act as a “replacement bone” when they are unsheathed.

I did struggle initially with the question of whether or not the blade was simply folded up really small inside her index finger; I even thought of making the blade a liquid that hardened as soon as it came out all the way. Now though, I like the idea of the way my tree beasts (see ‘The Tree Creatures’ under ‘My first wRHG, Vamprina’) had their blades “sheathed”, so I’m going to have hers do something similar to that as well.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

I don't really have anything to say except that the you-can-see-her-when-you-close-your-eyes thing is really cool.

Thanks Euharmonics! Invisibility alone can be OP, and I didn't want the skill to limit her motions (e.g. she stays cloaked if she doesn't move) or have a time limit; time limits tend to be difficult to handle in writing...especially ones that take a couple minutes or less. Fight scenes often have a lot of action in a very short time (easy enough to animate or film that), but a writer has to describe the moment to a reader who is literally blind to their universe.

I then decided if you can't see her with your eyes open...why not with them closed?

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

If you close your eyes you can see her. But that means that we can't see anything else, right?
    Violet the Bladeslinger
    The Room of Warriors

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

That's right Azarel.

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Oh, I'd taken that as metaphorical. Like, if want to see her listen to your other senses.

That's pretty neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Despite her dark nature, she can't stand the harm of innocent life and despises torture.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfood View Post
    Aubrey is also very sadistic. He is known to use torture during many of his killings, only because it "makes the product taste fresher".
    uh oh

Quote Originally Posted by soulfood View Post
    uh oh
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamprina
    Hmmm...it seems as though I have a volunteer for my hitlist. This is going to be fun.
    Uh...I think you got her attention. I'm queued up for a battle with Seb though, so don't get too excited.

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Uh...I think you got her attention. I'm queued up for a battle with Seb though, so don't get too excited.
    Just stating my interest is all. Currently duking it out with the Handyman so I'm also quite unavailable. I'll add Vamprina to my hitlist, though.

Pops his head in. Looks curious for a couple of seconds before suddenly turning angry

Grrr!

Drops quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Sónia Lourenço Barros de Lobo Mello
    What do you mean I'm supposed to say something? Leave me alone... I have better things to do.
    Frowns, drops another quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Drummond
    ...No.
    Shakes arm for a couple of seconds while sticking his tongue out, one eye closed. Three more quotes drop from his sleeve
    Quote Originally Posted by Selena Lambton
    Busy playing Monster Hunter. Maybe later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elena Osborne
    Hmm? Uhm... let me just finish this chapter first and I'll get back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Gladstone
    Busy playing Monster Hunter. Go fix the canon first.
    Sighs and pops his head out, leaving while grumbling about the unreliability of his characters
    Last edited by SJCRPV; 08-26-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information