StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vamprina :: Dormant ::

Actually, her blades exist in a flexible, ribbon-like form beneath the flesh around her arm bones. When they come out, they harden and encase her second digit. So, yes, they technically act as a “replacement bone” when they are unsheathed.

I did struggle initially with the question of whether or not the blade was simply folded up really small inside her index finger; I even thought of making the blade a liquid that hardened as soon as it came out all the way. Now though, I like the idea of the way my tree beasts (see ‘The Tree Creatures’ under ‘My first wRHG, Vamprina’) had their blades “sheathed”, so I’m going to have hers do something similar to that as well.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

I don't really have anything to say except that the you-can-see-her-when-you-close-your-eyes thing is really cool.

Thanks Euharmonics! Invisibility alone can be OP, and I didn't want the skill to limit her motions (e.g. she stays cloaked if she doesn't move) or have a time limit; time limits tend to be difficult to handle in writing...especially ones that take a couple minutes or less. Fight scenes often have a lot of action in a very short time (easy enough to animate or film that), but a writer has to describe the moment to a reader who is literally blind to their universe.

I then decided if you can't see her with your eyes open...why not with them closed?

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Legendary Demon Hunter Azarel CS.777's Avatar
    If you close your eyes you can see her. But that means that we can't see anything else, right?

|Azarel Hephaistos Zayn|

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

That's right Azarel.

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Oh, I'd taken that as metaphorical. Like, if want to see her listen to your other senses.

That's pretty neat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information