StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie Rockin's RP

Sarah looked back at Eric Kassaran and back at the Abbas. Before she could answer anything though Loch spoke to the guy and they began talking. As soon as her partner was finished though she decided to add something. She wasn't quite sure what to think of him but he seemed nice enough at the moment so she decided to go ahead and give it a try.

"It's nice to meet you." She said glancing at the child then back at him.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Eric blinked, slightly taken aback. Who the hell was this? The girl, Ana, seemed to embody the strange abilities people had to somehow transition seamlessly between restrained and calm, and hyperactive and bubbly, all at one moment. And he had not expected anyone to have actually invited him.

Wait... did this mean he had fans?

Oh god no.

Something else caught his attention; the beautiful raven black wings nestled on her shoulder blades. They were only around half the size of his wings, but they seemed to emit a beautiful jet glow, with silvery blots spilt all over the feathers.

The nephilim gently extended his hand to the girl. "Pleased to meet you too," he replied in a tone even he couldn't decipher. "Sorry," he aprubtly added, "I don't go to many social events often, and I had no idea anyone actually knew me... I've only got two low-level wins on the circuit in any case."

(OOC: Erik Eolas and Jack don't technically count since Eric fought them out of the arena, he's just faced a few small scale gladiators instead.)
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

"I could tell," Ana replied looking him up and down, then gestured at her own apparel,"though I'm not much of a formal person myself."

She began to shift her weight from one leg to another making her sway in place a bit, "Even if you don't have a crazy amount of fights down well..." She extended her wings a bit more, "honestly there aren't enough gladiators like us, sure it may hurt a lot if they get hit sometimes but over all wings are a great asset to have." Another smile.
    Last edited by Oster; 07-28-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Eric gave a pleasant chuckle, biting back a bunch of questions. Courtesy first, interrogation later. "You're right; it's pretty rare to see another winged gladiator. Hell, even other people with wings in general." He gave another pleasant chuckle as he spoke.
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

"I know right? Honestly with the kind of diversity the world has you'd expect to see at least a few more people with wings. I barely meet any even in far off places!"

Ana hummed a bit as she thought on what to say next, at the back of her mind she felt a weird mix of strangeness and displeasure having to be so friendly with someone who beat the stuffing out of someone she considered an older brother but still she kept the thought locked deep, the fight between the two Eriks/Erics was a different matter entirely from this.

"So...ummm...do you feel hungry or anything, I kinda have a craving for sweets right now, ehehe..."
    Last edited by Oster; 07-28-2017 at 07:52 PM.

"You lead, I'll follow," the half-angel responded. "If you came here to be active, just tell me, and I'll disengage. I don't really dance or party." He brought his hand up and scratched the back of his head.
    -Anne Frank

Having reached Blair, Clive aimed a polite bow in her direction and then shrugged, motioning with his hands.

*I can pretend I'm drinking.* he signed. *As for dancing...I'm decent at best. You should see the 'Silver Echo' group on TV. They're awesome too.*

He paused a little, looking at her up and down, and then added:

*Nice dress, by the way.*
    'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you,' Blair's hands were quick with the apology, but when he complimented her dress, a smile found her again. 'Thank you, a friend bought it for me a while ago, I've just always liked it! You're looking pretty snazzy yourself with those trims! Don't beat yourself up about Silver Echo though, there are annoyingly good prodigies at everything. Like, I like to think I'm a pretty good artist, but when I go to a museum, it makes me want to set my sketch book on fire, ya know?'
    Last edited by Crank; 07-28-2017 at 10:39 PM.

*Oh no worries, I'm not offended by the drinking thing.* the skeleton responded, and then looked down at himself. *Yes, this outfit's pretty royal-grade compared to the stuff I usually wear. I hope it's not too distracting; I'd planned to make it out of duller materials, but I was excited and got carried away.*

At Blair's comment about Silver Echo, he shrugged his thin shoulders. *I don't really mind their showoff-type nature; my street friends often invite me to watch their shows on select afternoons. It's risky sometimes; I have to hide whenever their parents pass by.*

He then paused, cocked his head, and signed, *You're an artist? I've always wanted to be one. As for the museums...you shouldn't try to be as great as the artists there; just take them as inspiration, and who knows? Someone may recognize and fall in love with your talents someday. You may be better than you think.*

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

'Their parents show up?' Blair cast a shrug before glancing towards the crowd gathering by the sweets, 'I mostly do sketches though, pencil primarily, but I'm trying to make paints work for me. Maybe one day!' She gave him a smile.

'Did you want to pretend to eat? Get to know the others?'

Upon making it to the ladies' room, Halle devoured her remaining cookies and reached into the duffel bag she'd conveniently remembered to bring.

The first thing she pulled out was a box of Camels. Next was a lighter. Placing the lighter in the hand with the box of cigarettes, she used her free hand to pull out a flask of liquor. Upon realizing that she didn't have the fucking patience to open the flask with both hands occupied, she placed the cigarettes and the lighter on the landing of one of the sinks, unscrewed the top of the flask, and looked herself in the mirror. Objectively, she didn't look half bad, but Halle knew a bastard when she saw one. The ink blots on her face moved around at that, to which Halle went for a quick sip of liquor. Just to be a bitch, Halle plucked out a stray cigarette, dipped a millimeter of it in the liquor, and lit it ablaze, lighting up the room before smoldering down to a steady stream of smoke. After a quick drag, Halle screwed the cap back on the flask and let her eyes drift to a close.

Halle fucking Mackinson was about to dance with an 8ft tall grey flaky skeleton corpse man. Before assuming the composure she would require to achieve that, she took a moment to let that sink in. But not too long. She had work to do, and a smoke to fit in between. She took another drag and let the ashy scent wash over her.

There was a reason she'd gone with the Camels. She couldn't have a breath of them without thinking of her mother. She used to reek of them, the woman. Despite her attempts to never let them near the house or the children, growing up Halle always used to catch a whiff of them off her clothes, increasingly so as she'd gotten older. Come to think of it, it was half the reason she'd quit smoking.

Tossing the smoldering butt down the drain and turning the water on high, Halle zeroed in on a memory in the lingering haze -- the museum with mom as a kid. Everything was so tall to her then, the dinosaur skeletons especially, but down even to the statues and recreations. Having practiced this trick once or twice before, she knew precisely which recreation to which she should draw her mind's eye. Gigantopithecus -- bigass orangutan. The marks on her face shifted to the thought -- looking up at the beast from down below. How taller it was in the then than now. When Halle revisited the museum as an adult, it was as if the world had shrunk a bit. Not by a terrible amount, but enough to make a mere Sasquatch of King Kong. That's what she was here to do today -- then an orangutan of bigfoot.

As she went through the mental motions, Halle could feel her body begin to shift. This point was the most crucial -- the first sign of change. The key was to never lose sight of what had changed. Halle was not growing taller. Rather, her world was growing smaller. She mustn't forget that, else the process be disrupted. All around her it shrunk, slowly, surely, until the change simply came, though not painlessly. The next stage was critical. If at any point she were to lose sight of her vision or proportions, there were a number of possible outcomes, many of which she had suffered through already in previous trials. One was organ failure. As the rest of her body grew in relative size, there was of course a risk that her internal structure in particular would shift, or grow at a disproportionate rate. This could not be allowed to occur. Another was polymorphing, or the taking on of undesired characteristics of the animal she was mimicking, such as a sudden outcrop of long orange hair. This was particularly difficult to control when mimicking prehistoric animals, as they were less of a concrete entity, and more of an idea. She would have to watch for, else she revert to who knows what. A final was consistency. Whatever form she wound up with in these next few minutes, it would do her good to perfect and retain it, else minor internal shifts and gradual polymorphing creep their way into her evening.

It was worth mentioning that all of this hurt like absolute hell, and that even with a heavy meal prior to all of this, she looked forward to chowing down on the three grilled steaks, green beans, and mashed potatoes she'd placed in tupperware and stored away in her bag with the cigarettes, flask, lighter, and some bottled water.

(( OOC: She might be in here a while. ))

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information