StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie Rockin's RP

Light released a breath, more like a sigh really, and scratched his head as he walked with Halle. He did feel a bit rejected as he put down his arm as he walked with her, his attempts at being a gentleman backfiring. "I do apologize for that, like you guess I'm trying my best to be polite. Although I will admit I am surprised a woman such as yourself never married."
    Last edited by devi; 08-08-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Halle cackled a bit at that, to her credit trying as hard as she could not to make it sound like a rude cackle. She looked down for a moment, then up, then for a quick second at Light, then away. Eventually coming around, she gave Light a gentle punch on the shoulder and changed the subject.

"So you've really never seen a cookie before?"

Realizing he had said something that probably was a bit on the nose, Light laughed a bit to ease the two as Halle punched him. He honestly didn't really feel anything, more like someone patted him on the back, but it was unnecessary to bring that up. He spoke with a much happier voice, really getting into talking to Halle. "I've never seen a cookie before. I've heard they taste very good and there are different types but I have never seen one before. Not that I would be able to eat it, since I lost my tastebuds." Light chuckled at his slightly self cruel joke, but made sure to keep an air of joy with Halle.

Halle nodded the slightest bit at the tastebuds comment -- not so much towards Light, but inwards, internalizing the notion and attempting to stomach it. Keeping the cautiously optimistic tone however, she smiled loosely once again and took another go at brightening the mood with her words. "Well Mr. L," she teased, "Taste buds or no taste buds, this might just be your lucky day. You'll get to see some cookies, and a dance with someone your height. How's that for firsts?"

Light spoke in his most mellow and happy voice he could muster, putting full concentration into speaking. "Its pretty good for firsts, I must admit. Most people I meet are about the same height as children to me, so its a nice moment to meet someone I don't have to look down upon. Even though it isn't your natural height. Thank you for doing this Halle, I appreciate it. Thank you." Light paused for a second, then looked at Halle and spoke in a joking voice. "So when do I get to see the cookies?"

Halle raised an eyebrow and pointed at the round, circular objects topping the table they'd just walked up to. She took up one or two and smiled behind a bite.

Abbas smiled as Light and Halle walked away, there apparent bond healthy. The Immortal himself gave one last glance at Loch and strolled back to the edge of the dance floor, sitting himself down again.

He rubbed his right temple, brushing some loose strands of hair out of his face, "Guess I'll just have to wait for Sarah to come back and let me apologize."

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    Halle raised an eyebrow and pointed at the round, circular objects topping the table they'd just walked up to. She took up one or two and smiled behind a bite.
    Light stood there for a second, completely silent. Then burst out in laughter. "Pardon me, I must have forgotten to mention I didn't know what they looked like." Calming down, he reached for one of the cookies. As he grabbed it however, it burst in his hand, the cookie crumbling all over the table. Light jumped back a bit in surprise. He had no idea that they were so fragile. He grabbed another one, this time MUCH more gently and closely inspected it. He tried sniffing it. Then he remember he had no sense of smell. It looked good to eat, oh well.

Now that Light had left Sarah was free to do as she pleased and as she took one last look at the dance floor she saw Abbas at the front of it with his hands buried in his face. She bit his lip and thought for a moment why. She had said she understood emergencies and made it clear that she meant it. Perhaps he was still feeling bad about it though. There was no reason why he wouldn't if he really did care and he apologized.

She ultimately decided to waltz up to him and force a smile. "Hey Abbas. Do you want to try this again?"
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Halle laughed as Light did, her cookie crumbling as well. Some of the pieces fell down her dress, and she moved futilely to brush away the stragglers, who fell further still. Light's attempts at smelling the cookie illicited a tumultuous mishmash of emotions. Pity, respect, laughter, and adoration manifested themselves in what could best be described as a pouting upturned frown that hurt like a laugh after back surgery.

Halle leaned into Light and hugged him as though laughing that very laugh, holding him close with eyes closed for longer than would be expected.

Thread Information