StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie Rockin's RP

"I think I'd actually like to get some food too." She said after she had stepped down from the dance floor. In spite of everything they had completed their dance but yeah, he looked pretty upset so it wouldn't be the worst time for a break. She noticed when he retracted his hand from her as well. She wanted to reach out a grab it again and made a halfway effort to, but she stopped herself and looked back up at him. "You looked like you were about to do something." She said still smiling. Someone had to smile in all this to cheer him up.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Her smile made heat rise in his cheeks. It was sincere, it meant something, and she was obviously doing her best to cheer him up. He smiled right back, and extended his hand again, taking hers in his own.

"I was going to have you hold my hand, but I might as well do it myself."

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

She accepted suffice to say and followed her partner smiling all the while. Apart from trying to cheer him up, she wanted to get something eat as well. A quick glance at the food table made that clear enough although didn't want to draw too much attention to that. Instead she continued to try and keep the guy happy. She would get her food soon enough she made sure of that but that wasn't important right now.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Loch sighed, his breath hissing through his teeth. But as the undead walked away, his shadow grew more tame and sank back down while his armor molded back into his suit. He straightened his lapels and fixed his hat as he took a deep breath to calm himself. He looked down and smiled softly at Bartholomew. "Sorry about that, did I scare you?"

The small boy shook his head. "Were you going to kill Mr. L?" Bartholomew asked and Loch looked at the man, goofing off by the concessions with his date.

"Maybe, do you want to dance some more?" Loch bent down and picked up the small boy.

Bartholomew shook his head and pointed to the concessions. "Cookies!"

"No, you already had some." Loch shook his head.

Bartholomew pouted, "No cookies?" His eyes grew watery and he sniffled.

Loch sighed. "Alright, one more okay?" The boy instantly brightened up and nodded. Loch put Bartholomew's hood back on and rubbed his head. "You spoiled little brat." He chuckled as the little boy giggled. Loch hoisted Bartholomew onto his shoulders where the penguin began to imagine he was flying as Loch walked over to the cookies. He made sure to give the other two a wide berth as he approached the table from the other side. Despite Bartholomew's focus on the cookies, the table was covered with much more than just those. There was a wide assortment of treats and as Loch grabbed a cookie for Bartholomew, he grabbed a bunch of grapes for himself. He passed the cookie to the boy and then plucked a grape, popping it into his mouth.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Abbas smiled back and guided himself and Sarah across the room to the refreshments and snacks. Once there, the Immortal spotted Light and Halle getting along, if not a bit close. The sight made him laugh slightly, a being such as Light being able to get a beautiful woman like Halle to like him. The Undead giant had a certain charm that Abbas had felt from the beginning, besides his apparent intimidation.

Loch was also there, picking at a pile of grapes while little Bartholomew nibbled on another cookie. Abbas frowned at the Reaper, then turned his attention back to Cassady, his previous smile returning, "So... Tell me about yourself, besides your job and what not. Got any siblings?"
    Last edited by IgnusBurns; 08-09-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

“So what was it you absolutely needed to tell me?” The familiar voice of her elder brother rang in her ears. Erik Eolas was sitting across the living room table, he was wearing a plain blue T-shirt, his black hair was messy and his similarly colored eyes were as unremarkable as always.

“Oh yeah,” Ana wiped away some crumbs off her from the pineapple upside-down cake she was currently enjoying. She had arrived at Erik's apartment just in time for Claire, one of Erik's maids, to finish baking the heavenly pastry. “Well, put simply Yuki’s coming here tomorrow and we need you to provide asylum.”

“Wait, wait, what?” the puppeteer looking completely bewildered at the statement, “Back up a bit, why do I have to hide her, actually why is she coming here in the first place?”

Ana swallowed another piece of the cake, “Hmmm, well, starting from the beginning, we got a job request from the US government...”

The world seemed to slow and mesh into itself, blending into a trippy mish-mash of colors. Just as suddenly the colors began to fade, then grow immensely darker, outlines began to appear, lines and curves moving across a canvas until one could make an outline of a cabin deep in the woods. Night had already fallen in fact it was probably close to midnight, the waning moon being the only source of eerie, weak moonlight.

Ana took a small scrap of cloth from her pocket. She brought the cloth up to her nose and breathed in... lime scented soap, salt from copious amounts of sweat, traces of spent gunpowder, and the faint traces of blood. The winged messenger returned the cloth and took a deep breath of the forest air... the earthen scent dominated the air, closely followed by the smell of ash, likely from the small fire from within the cabin, finally and most important was the coppery traces of blood, the exact same as the one from the cloth scrap. The girl smiled, "Target confirmed hiding inside the cabin."

"Alright, good job Ana," the familiar flat tone of Erik rose from behind her. Suddenly the smell of iron and oil stuffed the air, the sound of metal grinding on metal irritated the winged girl's ears quite a bit forcing her to cover said organs. After summoning that annoying puppet of his, Erik spoke again, "beginning target elimination."

Ana blinked, suddenly finding away from the dark forest now lying on a bed in some modest establishment, the walls were a dark peach and the sole fluorescent bulb lighting the room as shining into her eyes forcing them closed again. The memory of the last few hours seeping into her mind. The facility she's known all her life in flames, the scent of ash, blood and smoke choking the air. The screams of men piercing the air. The last thing she remembered was a pair of purple eyes, the man they belonged to reaching out to her.

"Oh you're awake," a new voice reached the fourteen year old Ana's ears. It belonged to a boy, around a year older than her if she had to guess, black hair adorned his head and black eyes as well. Aside from those there was nothing really remarkable to him.

"Who are you? Where's the man with purple eyes?" Ana spoke softly still rather bewildered by everything.

"I'm Erik Eolas, nice to meet ya," the boy replied with a smile, "Purple eyes? did you mean Joseph, well he's the only guy with purple eyes I know at the moment, so yeah, he's out talking with our leader and if everything goes right you'll be part of the family when he gets back."

"Family?" the word was both familiar and foreign to the young Ana, she'd heard it all the time from those guys in the facility yet she never knew what being in one was like, even with the many people she met while in that facility no one approached her in the way they described how a family does. "Does that mean you're my brother then?"

"Huh...well yeah I guess it does," the boy replied rather awkwardly.

"Big Brother Erik, my name's Ana," she replied with a smile.

Ana blinked, suddenly finding herself back next to a table in the dance hall...she blinked again, twice then thrice. a cold sweat ran down her neck as she realized someone was holding her hand. She traced the appendage up to that of Eric Kasaran, who had a difficult expression on his face. Wait, Big Brother mentioned something like this...Wait did this bastard just... without finishing the thought she wrested away from his slackened grip and began glaring daggers at the half-angel, "I hope that was worth it."
    Last edited by Oster; 08-10-2017 at 01:12 AM.

His mind settled comfortably back within its bounds, as he quickly retracted his hand. The nephilim couldn't wipe the expression from his face.

Family?

The word rattled uncomfortably through his mind, bouncing around many implications that Eric hadn't fully grasped. So then... did this mean...?

Ana's words suddenly snapped him back into consciousness. He went to lie, but quickly stopped himself. She already knew what he'd done. There wasn't much escaping that now.

"I had to be sure," he muttered, somewhat distantly. "I already felt traces, but I had to be sure..."

His voice faltered.

What did family mean? Did that imply a group? A biological unit? Were the two entirely alone? What was their agenda? What was their endgame? What the hell was she doing standing with a murderer?

That was, after all, what Erik was.

"Did you know?" he suddenly blurted out, harsher than he had originally intended. "Did you know that Erik was dangerous? Did you know he killed? And why the fuck did you just play along?"
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

"Pftt...of course I knew," Ana said sounding more contemptuous than she intended, "You don't spend a few weeks around him and not know he has the ability to slit throats so easily, hell that's true for most people, even you I bet."

"They don't hide much from me, I'm really thankful for that," Ana regained a more sincere tone for a second before reverting back to one of more controlled spite, "I know I'm surrounded by killers but they care for me like no one else has, than anyone ever will. So of course I'll help them even with their worst."

She took a deep breath, "You probably had a family once, you know the feeling of wanting to support them and keep them safe, even with all their faults. Well that's how I feel, being born from glass tube in some genetics lab I can't even claim a remote connection with even a single person! He's one of the first people to show me any kind of modicum of respect and appreciation."

"So you just blindly followed people who respected you?" He hissed, voice slipping into venomous territory. "That's not how a fucking family works!"

Ana turned, murder in her eyes, but Eric cut off any response with, "Respect is not the same thing as fucking care! Do they respect you as a person, or as a weapon? And how can you know with any fucking certainty? Family isn't just some close group of mercenaries, its a name given to a group who would sacrifice everything in the entire world to defend each other. How the hell do you know they feel the fucking..."

Eric stopped, his voice constricted. It had slowly faded into a silent husky whisper as he continued. Memories kept on coming up, faster than he could suppress them. Of Terminus wrestling him to the ground in a pool of mud, while the two laughed. Of awed villagers coming to help them, as their mother helped the others. Of Niramel...

The nephilim turned silently away, disdainful and painful emotions contorting his face.
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

"Hmph, like you know anything, what you saw was less than a quarter of the time I spent with him," she replied so softly she wondered if the half-angel heard it. The winged messenger turned away from the brooding nephilim. He seemed to be wrestling with some pretty bad memories, any retort she'd have would likely fly over his head, not that it was any of her business. Instead she headed for the food selection again still rather pissed, the arse only saw her most recent memory of him, the first time she was allowed to work with the puppeteer, and the first time they had met.

Did they respect her as a person? Ha, of course they did...in fact they do so too much. Ana had so many memories of times contracts had ended with her having not so much as a scratch while her partner was covered in deep lacerations, Hell Erik and the others would have her on the sidelines even if their targets were well within her combat capacity despite her physical fragility.

She turned towards him for a second before shaking her head, a clash of ideals was what this was, and neither of the two winged beings would back down. With what Ana knew of Eric's personality it'd likely come down to fisticuffs and the girl knew she'd go down quicker than a person could blink. She needed to cool her head and the nephilim likely did too, maybe she'd attempt to talk to him again...maybe. With that she picked up another plate and quickly began to fill it once again.
    Last edited by Oster; 08-10-2017 at 02:28 AM.

Thread Information