StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie Rockin's RP

Eric's phone buzzed in his pocket. Someone was trying to contact him for something. It seemed urgent.

"Stop being so goddamn evasive," Eric growled. "If I wanted to, I could just dig though your memories without permission. I don't have to be so civil." The avian gave him a sarcastic glare. "You know there are a billion different ways this could turn out, and I could end this in an instant if I wanted to."

He took a deep breath. Anger and sarcasm were not helping his case here. He needed to try a calmer tact. "Look. I get that you want to protect your friends here. I completely understand that." He withdrew his hand, dropping to a far more calm tone. "But without assurance, we are going to end up at odds. And I can see that the last thing you want is to throw them under a bus. If you give me honest answers, no one has to end up getting hurt."
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

Something had gotten lost in translation, but Blair did her best to obscure it until Clive was facing the Light show, smiling kindly at him while her hand slid back into his. Taking the faintest step back, she did her best to slip out of his peripheral vision as she observed him. Sure, he did ask her to clarify what she wanted his thoughts on but... what was the option that made him fumbly? Nervousness? Anxiety? Blair was about 99% positive he was some sort of reaper, so a squabbling couple shouldn't spark those emotions, right? It didn't help that she just had eyes and body motions to work with, she normally needed a whole face to really read someone. ...It couldn't have been about her, could it?

No, that was insane. Blair shook her head, almost chuckling to herself at the absurdity of the thought. Loch mentioned it being centuries since the two last met, and the average human lived to the 70s, 80s. That'd be akin to her and a dog, lifespan wise, right? ...Then again though, she did love dogs, and she always wanted one, even though deep down, she knew she'd outlive it. Bad comparison then? It had to be.

Either way, a piece of her wanted to answer with the truth, if he thought what was happening between the winged duo was going to keep escalating and if they should work to diffuse the situation, but... the question almost seemed to make him vulnerable. Would it be like a rejection if he found out it had nothing to do with either of them? Well, maybe the situation was going to work itself out anyway.

It felt painful to not look over her shoulder and check, but the flyers would have to be pretty stupid to start something in a room full of gladiators, in a RHG sponsored event. ...Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    would have to be pretty stupid to start something in a room full of gladiators, in a RHG sponsored event. ...Right?
    ((OOC: if we want to start a riot at some point during this, that would actually be pretty dope imo))

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    ((OOC: if we want to start a riot at some point during this, that would actually be pretty dope imo))
    ((OOC: Don't even think about it. Also, sorry I was missing for a while. Was out of town for the weekend.))

Abbas nodded, breathing out slowly, then replying, "Honestly... I'm not sure. All I do know is that I couldn't put any trust in another member of humankind."

He sighed and looked down, "A shameful assumption to make. I became irritable and unsympathetic, sometimes even angry or spiteful. I wasn't exactly the type of person you want to be around. Namely, I became the type of man that I'd come to despise. A rather ironic twist of fate."

He smiled, "But that's when I met two fellow men, both from a past not worth mentioning, who taught me that some men not only fight for themselves, but for those around them, some they don't even know, simply to save them from a tragic fate. These two retold what it means to noble, fighting for something greater than yourself."

He glanced down, "That's what I fight for now. I don't take down criminals because I despise them, but rather because I wish to protect those around me. Those who are innocent, that is why I fight."

The Immortal took notice of a commotion coming from behind him, caused by the two winged individuals, two who Abbas assumed were angels. He looked back to Sarah and whispered, close to her ear, "You think I try and go calm those two down?" He asked.

Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

(OOC: All the sudden i'm wondering how quick an intruder would die if they tried a holdup and who exactly would be the one to do it.)

Sarah thought about it. It made sense that Abbas found someone to restore his faith in humanity. It's like she knew from experience, there were some good people and it was only a matter of time before someone like her partner met one. It also traced back to his recent interference in two robberies or at least the two she saw if he interfered with more. Justice had come up as a possibility to her but to help others seemed likely as well. And here he was saying he wasn't a hero earlier.

Cassady looked over at the two winged beings from earlier. They did in fact look like angels or at least some depictions of them. She looked back at the gladiator with a serious stern look on her face. "I think you should but just be careful alright? If they start acting up it wouldn't do to have to drive you to the ER." Although the footage and interviews would be great considering she had a camera stashed away, a fight would not be worth it.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Abbas nodded to his companion, letting his fall from her grip, and grinned, "I'll be fine. I'm smart enough to know when to back off. Even if something broke out, I can handle myself."

As he walked over, the Immortal took notice of Eric grabbing Ana, rather aggressively by the shoulders, and turn her back towards him, followed by a lot of seemingly angry words and dialogue. Abbas himself stood a few feet away, listening in on their argument, when he decided to butt in.

He planted himself in front of Eric and crossed his arms, "If I may say something sir, but you're at a dance, one which you came to enjoy your time with this lovely young lady." He nodded towards Ana, "Whatever you're arguing about I'm sure it could wait until after tonight."

The Immortal glanced from Ana to Eric and back, an eyebrow raised all the while.
    Last edited by IgnusBurns; 08-13-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Boi

Spoiler for Supports:
    wRHG: The Lion of Palestine
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope...

Ana turned to Abbas and bowed her head a bit, "Sorry, we didn't intend to cause trouble."

Without losing a beat she turned to the half-angel, "Look I don't know what you're problem is, but right now you're looking like the most insensitive, generalizing bastard I've ever seen. What just because we're mercenaries makes us evil? huh? Just because my brother made one, ONE, mistake he and everyone he knows automatically becomes some mass murdering psychotic asshole? You've never seen him interact with his maids, you've never seen him consoling Yuki when she has her PTSD attacks, You've never seen him take care of me when I got my wings chopped OFF!"

Eric opened his mouth to retort but was stopped by Ana placing her hand over it, "I had to listen to you're tirade twice without interrupting, so it's only fair you shut up and listen to mine. Now, he may have no problem with killing, he may be apathetic, he may give no fucks for morals but I tell you now with my whole-hearted assurance, MY BROTHER IS NOT EVIL. Hell, none of us are evil, sure we may toe the moral gray area but we aren't mass murderers. We have standards, we don't accept any job just because someone dangles a fat stack of cash in-front of us, we never have and never will choose a job that's downright despicable, I'm a part of that process so you'll have to take my word for it. Dammit, don't you think we've chewed him out for this, do you want to peek into my memories to see Yuki giving him a four hour straight lecture? He may not have listened to you but I'll bet my life that he listened to his two closest sisters."

Ana took a deep breath, "Hah, look you want information but I've been in the business too long to give that shit out for free, and I guess I'm being a bit too optimistic to think you'll drop this instantly so how's this we'll trade, you forget about my brother and look at us in a neutral light and I'll tell you where that motorcycle riding psycho Maxim will be in five days? How's that sound?"
    Last edited by Oster; 08-14-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Eric remained impassive. He had no idea how he remained impassive, but he managed it. Even as his heart began to sink, shot full of more holes than swiss cheese.

He'd fucked it. He'd comprehensively fucked up. He'd comprehensively, utterly, and completely fucked this up.

First? He'd irretrievably botched this conversation. Second? He'd fatally underestimated the nature, of this posse Ana was a member of. And thirdly? He'd made assumptions about Erik. Which he'd refused to torpedo, even when it became painfully obvious he was wrong. He was more complex. Of fucking course he was more complex.

He had to make amends.

"Ana..." he sighed, sucking up his pride and that small, rigid, inflexible chunk of his mind still telling him to stop being an idiot, "I owe you an apology."

"That's-" she started, before she double-took, mouth dropping open in shock.

"Let me clarify," he quickly stated, slightly ashamed of himself, "I'm sorry for blowing up at you. I made assumptions based on past experience about mercenaries that I probably shouldn't have applied to your group. I directly insulted you. I generally behaved like the worst piece of shit on the planet. I'm sorry for blowing up, for the insults, and for the vitriol I flung at your group."

Eric rubbed his temple. "I just... I tend to make assumptions based on first impressions. And the shitty people I tend to meet only tend to confirm my suspicions, or just fall into the same categories, time, after time, after damn time." He looked away. "It's a bad habit."

"But," he quickly added, before she could interject, "That doesn't mean that you sit any better with me. Yet. I don't care what shit you've gone through, who's wronged you, or who's fucking with whom. At the end of the day, your life is worth no more than anyone else, and you can't just treat yourself like your somehow better than the rest of the damn world. And as a merc, you implicitly acknowledge, that to some extent, you're better than the rest of the world. And as for Erik..." he clenched his teeth, breathing through them. "I can't easily forgive him for stealing someone's life. But I can forget. And the same goes for the rest of you. If you stay out of trouble, work for the right side, and try and bash some sense through his brain, eventually it'll all even out."

Before he could sit back and wait for a response, his mind immediately froze. Again. Maxim. She said Maxim.

She said, "motorcycle riding psycho Maxim"
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

The half-angel seemed to freeze on the spot the low light hiding his frozen shock from onlooking eyes, except Ana's. Considering what he said he was not shocked at hearing her brothers better sides or the Menagerie's moral standards...So it was about Maxim wasn't it. before she could address that she turned to the still Abbas, his face showing him at a bit of a loss at what to do. Ana spoke, "Again' I'm sorry if we were causing a commotion, it must be hard on you having to deal with all this, I do hope nothing bad happens here." Which reminded her, the winged messenger sent out another pulse to her family, not to back off but to stay alert and on standby, while the situation was mostly diffused it was highly unlikely she'd ever let her guard down around Eric Kassaran ever again. She apologized again to Abbas and said she'd try to make-up for this incident before the night was over then excused herself to go look at the half-angel still keeping her distance.

"I can't make any promises, sometimes you do one thing thinking it'll be good then you learn that you've near irreparably f**ked up," Ana shook her head and self-deprecatingly smiled, "and we'll try to beat some sense into our brother's thick skull but hey are you alright, do you see a ghost?"

Eric shot out his hands, grasping her shoulders tightly. His face was a mix of panic and shock. Courier/Info-broker or not, if she had any information on Xavier or his proteges, everyone in the city was in danger.

"Who the hell told you about Maxim?" he demanded. "Where did you get the information?!"
    -Anne Frank

Thread Information