StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Sadie Rockin's RP

"Okay, that is something I'm familiar with." Blair gave Sarah a broad smile, "It's a good feeling, isn't it? Finding out that someone you'd expect not to care, does?" Suddenly feeling that a part of that was off, she coughed before scratching the back of her neck, "Well uh, not that you'd expect one of them not to care but... I'm sorry, I'm digging myself into a hole, aren't I?"

(OOC: This post is an internal monologue; No reaction/action needed)

Even as Eric listened to Ana and tried to make small talk, his mind drew itself into the back and forth conversation going on between the dark-skinned man and the two strange hooded individuals. Magic energies had buffeted him as he passed, easily noticeable. The insignia of war and of death. Powerful waves of celestial energy radiated from their bodies, emitting a potent magic stench that the nephilim was acutely aware of.

He'd listened in on their strange conversation. The two black-hooded people, both bearing energies of death, seemed to be speaking backwards and forwards, acting like old friends. He snorted. Reaper agents. They had some strange affinity for each other that no other servants seemed to have.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse, to be honest, were a ridiculously strange bunch. The first of them had been twin nephilim, the first, and possibly only 'pure' nephilim in existence. They were recruited shortly after the collapse of the Tower of babel, and had been responsible for overseeing the deaths of those souls caused by conflict, and natural causes, respectively. From what he knew, war was, though noble, cranky and short-tempered, whilst death was, and he quoted, "A bureaucratic old fart." The others, fury and strife, had been recruited later. Fury was a Saracen, and had been recuited after the battle of Mt Hattin, and Strife had been added to the roster at age 18, during the year 1883. The latter had been the only one Eric had met in person. She was fiesty, fiercely independent, and foot-in-mouth honest, and had given him the information when he'd asked probably to spite the others.

He chuckled again. From what he could tell, the three were just agents. They were people anointed by the horseman as their champions, given incomprehensible powers, and then sent off to assist in their creator's duties. They were heralds, warriors, and assistants. From their body language, they all looked to be fairly ancient as well. which was surprising. After all, this system mainly kicked off in WWII and WWI, when so many people died, the horsemen basically had to steal souls, stop them from going to hell, and repurpose them as assistants, they were so rushed.

He snorted. The one to the side, with the penguin, looked beyond strange and stupid. Was he a recent servant? Or perhaps an older one who was just a little senile?

Okay, Eric, he mentally chastised. Time to stop. If you don't, you'll just drive yourself crazy the entire night.
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

Ana's cheeks flushed a bit on reflex, "T-thanks, though it's a bit too bad you don't have a formula like that or something."

She moved her gaze to the ceiling, "The place I was born wasn't so bad, nobody treated me like trash, though I don't have any fond memories either, actually not many memories really, side from the training they gave me. Man that stuff sucked."

"That's not quite what I meant but I suppose you're not too far off. Anyways, it's scary and exciting I suppose you could say." Sugar wasn't completely correct but Sarah understood that she was trying to help. She wasn't too nervous but it was still nice of Sugar to help. "So far though Abbas has been real nice and I think that this could be fun for the both of us so long as I don't mess things up by doing something stupid. I don't think I will though."
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    "Your info must be from the wrong source, or you must have been hearing about a different Immortal."
    Clive mirrored Abbas's shrug, and rocked on his heels. *That could be true. There are plenty of individuals in the universe who hope for immortality; humans are just the species who hunger after it the most. Either that, or someone's lying to me.*

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    "Honestly though, I can't be the only Immortal in the world can I?"
    The reaper stopped rocking and nodded. *Yeah, there are quite a few others. I'd name them, but there's a code of confidentiality around that stuff for my family.*

Clive was silent for a bit, and then cocked his head. *Oh, you've reminded me of something I used to ask immortals. 'What's it like, living forever?'. I know it can be hard for some humans to answer the question; there are many who outlive their loved ones and friends, live life to the fullest, get bored, and then try to find other things to do...*

He sighed silently. *The most common thing I've heard is the loneliness. Few immortals befriend other immortals; especially those who wind up with a solid superiority complex. The younger ones usually challenge each other to fights. Immortality though...just means you don't age, of course; it doesn't make you invincible.*
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Clive was silent for a bit, and then cocked his head. *Oh, you've reminded me of something I used to ask immortals. 'What's it like, living forever?'. I know it can be hard for some humans to answer the question; there are many who outlive their loved ones and friends, live life to the fullest, get bored, and then try to find other things to do...*

He sighed silently. *The most common thing I've heard is the loneliness. Few immortals befriend other immortals; especially those who wind up with a solid superiority complex. The younger ones usually challenge each other to fights. Immortality though...just means you don't age, of course; it doesn't make you invincible.*
    Abbas nodded thoughtfully, scratching his chin, "I did outlive my family and others, though not in the traditional sense of age." He drew a line over his throat and continued, "My tribe lived in a place that wasn't exactly mutually peaceful. When I was gone, one of the strongest tribes around came in and decimated the place, killing everyone and taking the women and children as slaves."

He held two fingers to his forehead, "I don't regret my choice, I conscientiously made that decision, and happy with it. My tribe was destined for destruction anyway."

Thinking over the last question, Abbas answered quietly, "Well, loneliness had taken a hold of me earlier this century, but due to recently meeting some..." He coughed, "new comrades, this isn't a problem for me anymore."
    Spoiler for Stuff You Probably Don't Care About:

Spoiler for Supports:
    Am I Available For Battle? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Oster View Post
    Ana's cheeks flushed a bit on reflex, "T-thanks, though it's a bit too bad you don't have a formula like that or something."

She moved her gaze to the ceiling, "The place I was born wasn't so bad, nobody treated me like trash, though I don't have any fond memories either, actually not many memories really, side from the training they gave me. Man that stuff sucked."
    "The training?" his mouth moved up somewhat. "Did they try to make you into some kind of super-soldier or something? Sounds like a pretty terrible time. Actually, that is a good question; why did the researchers make you an avian? Most dark shady groups want some kind of stealthy backroom assassin operative. And, well, let me just get this straight, avians and angels are not exactly cut out for stealth and guile.
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

"Katrina's looking beautiful as always." Loch noted as he looked at the snake. He listened to the two's conversations before cutting in. "And I don't know about you man, but I'm not that young either. We're not only immortal, we're practically unkillable as well after all. However I guess compared to most humans we get to live our lives with a purpose. Sure you meet some comrades, but then they'll die and then you'll have to meet new ones and the vicious cycle will repeat itself." Loch shrugged. "I've met my fair share of immortals that have asked me to "help" them after a few centuries. The look in their eyes, they looked more like dolls than people." He chuckled.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

"Heh, They were well past try, they succeeded," her overly mirthful tone pouring in spades, "Though I'm no soldier, my body doesn't have the right genes, I'm a tracker and courier."

A little flourish of her wings for emphasis, "Give me enough time and I can find anyone anywhere, my wings are for speed. They pounded the flight rather than fight instinct into me. sometimes I wish otherwise though....Anyway how about you, why'd you become a Gladiator?"

Eric gave a small grimace. "Ehhhhhh... It was a money-related thing really. I bunker down with an old friend of mine, rent free, and got tired of feeling bad about cheating her out of rightful earnings. I took up the position to be able to get my own income, and to repay her... but surprise, she didn't accept the money."

He gave a sigh, massaging his temples. "She can be a little stubborn sometimes. But I digress. I'm don't really have any intention of becoming a 'big name' on the gladiatorial scene. I'm quite happy to splash around in the lower leagues for some money instead. Besides, I don't think there's any chance of me breaking into the top tiers yet. I've only won two of my fights."
    -Anne Frank

Thread Information