StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aubrey Zima, the Pig Butcher

Aubrey Zima, the Pig Butcher

Обри "мясник свинья" Зима (tl: Aubrey "Pig Butcher" Zima)

"Какой сегмент будет самым вкусным? Я буду служить в моем магазине." (tl: Which cut will be the most delicious? I will serve it in my store.)

Spoiler for ABILITIES:

Spoiler for WEAKNESSES:

Spoiler for APPEARANCE:

Spoiler for PERSONALITY:

Spoiler for STORY:

Spoiler for DEMO:

Spoiler for MUSIC:

Spoiler for W/L/D/F:

AUBREY IS: AVAILABLE

Spoiler for BATTLES and HITLIST:

count all the hotline miami references you can find because there are a lot
    Last edited by soulfood; Today at 11:46 AM.

Legendary Demon Hunter Azarel CS.777's Avatar
    He reminds me of Roadhog from Overwatch. LOL

|Azarel Hephaistos Zayn|

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

User title
    Spoiler for An extensive list of every hotline miami reference here:

Moving onto the character itself, don't colour me all too impressed. I liked Elias for the fresh angle it was coming from, though I understand if you weren't too pleased with writing him.

That being said, expect to get bored of this one too rather soon. The written word doesn't lend itself too much to visceral displays of violence.

Don't have time for a full critique so if you want one you'll have to hit me up when I'm back.

Not good with jokes. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarel CS.777 View Post
    He reminds me of Roadhog from Overwatch. LOL
    I assume the word "pig" in his name and the hook in his equipment?

Anyway, Aubrey looks like an... interesting character to say the least. His equipment's certainly interesting and his ability is pretty unique, but I do have some random questions regarding a few things. I haven't read the demo or story yet, so forgive me and just let me know if I can find the answers there.

First, what exactly is the rot attached to his body composed of? Is it meat, vegetables, trash, or possibly a combination of things?

Also, how do Aubrey and his flies fare against fire? I know you mentioned the elements in your weaknesses section, but is his armor easily combustible? Is he a bug paper's wet dream? Can he be "washed" of his defenses? Just wondering some specifics.

You stated that the flies closest to his body are fairly normal, but does that mean he can summon "special" flies or simply other species of flies. I only ask because there are some pretty nasty flies out there.

You said he's by no means slow, but I assume that means he has average to above average speed and agility?

...I think those are my only questions. Again, sorry if these are already answered in the thread. I'm still reading, but these crossed my mind as I was going over the abilities and such.

Availability:
    Slaughter. Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    expect to get bored of this one too rather soon.
    edit: wait no you missed just a few. the mallet is in both the first and the second game, it's what Martin uses to kill the second teenager on the first floor in midnight animal. the saw is Alex Davis/Swan 1's weapon. the flies are in reference to the flies buzzing about in the nightmare sequences in hotline 1.

moving on. aubrey is a character i've sort of written in the past. i love writing a killer, and i've written a few killers in the past, one being a nameless butcher that ran around in a cow mask killing people that bought his goods. that and HLM were my main inspirations going into this character. the demo itself is pretty bare-bones, but i plan on going deep into what makes aubrey tick with each fight. the angle i plan on going for is less tied to the visceral violence of aubrey's murders, but rather behind the killer's mask. more and more will come to light as i write him, and i hope to god i dont get bored of him any time soon.

onto Kamiroo Wolf's questions.

First, what exactly is the rot attached to his body composed of? Is it meat, vegetables, trash, or possibly a combination of things?
    the rot on aubrey's body is his own decomposing flesh.

Also, how do Aubrey and his flies fare against fire? I know you mentioned the elements in your weaknesses section, but is his armor easily combustible? Is he a bug paper's wet dream? Can he be "washed" of his defenses? Just wondering some specifics.
    aubrey burns at a slower rate compared to most humans, but most bugs, especially flies, do not fare well against fire, so yes. fire is a big counter.

bug paper wouldn't affect aubrey either, and he would generally try to make the flies avoid it as well.

aubrey's defense can't necessarily be "washed", per se, but it can be whittled down or abused.

You stated that the flies closest to his body are fairly normal, but does that mean he can summon "special" flies or simply other species of flies. I only ask because there are some pretty nasty flies out there.
    the flies he summons are all "normal", but the things they do are things most flies don't do. burrowing into human flesh, attacking in swarms, etc.

You said he's by no means slow, but I assume that means he has average to above average speed and agility?
    he has an average walk/run speed, but his swings are fairly heavy-handed. he doesn't really dodge much, but he will move around to protect himself and cover any openings.

thanks for giving me some questions and cnc
    Last edited by soulfood; 08-12-2017 at 04:16 PM.

As a shift supervisor at a Panera Bread, where turning off a sink with your hand instead of paper towel is a critical violation during a food safety audit, the fact that this guy has his own store is incredibly amusing to me!

Always neat to see another villain!
    Last edited by Crank; 08-12-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    As a shift supervisor at a Panera Bread, where turning of a sink with your hand instead of paper towel is a critical violation during a food safety audit, the fact that this guy has his own store is incredibly amusing to me!

Always neat to see another villain!
    Thanks, Crank! Thanks for all the help in the discord, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiroo Wolf View Post
    I assume the word "pig" in his name and the hook in his equipment?
    Yes, and aso because his slow attacks. I just read his demo: It's terrifying.

|Azarel Hephaistos Zayn|

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

This is the type of character I instinctively want to kill.

Well done!
    I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
    -Anne Frank

Why so I think a battle between Aubrey and The Handyman will be interesting. VERY interesting.

|Azarel Hephaistos Zayn|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information