StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

View Poll Results: Good idea?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

8 80.00%
  • No.

2 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ends of the World (RP)

Wasting his time
    Not a big fan of this whole idea.

First of all, little thought seems to have gone into the creation of this idea. The premise is extremely vague and is not at all fleshed out; "a generic evil force has come to end the world and now you must stop it". Granted, this is a very generic and standard premise for this kind of RP but most at least add some more depth to it. The title too is pretty generic, "end of the world". It's not exactly a very creative or inspired title. Why is it spelled "ends" anyways? Was that a typo/shitty english? Or is it deliberate? I read through the whole thread but nothing gave me the impression that it was.

Of course those that know me, know I'm very much in favour of simplicity, but that is only when it is deliberate. If it is simple due to a lack of forethought, then it will overcomplicate itself eventually as things go on. No offence, but I can not say that I have confidence in Azarel as a capable host. The way I see it he still has a lot of this RP left to figure out, and I imagine it'll go something like this: the RP moves from city to city without a sense of direction, things sort of happen but everyone's mostly gonna do their own thing, and then when Azarel is fed up with running this or people lose interest there'll be a forced showdown with the main baddie and it'll feel lackluster, if it happens at all.

So why are people so antsy for this thing? The way I see it, the reason is threefold: One, people are hungry for any kind of RP and will jump at the first opportunity they get. Two, people have all these underdeveloped non-wRHG characters they want to put to use somewhere. Three, because the premise is so barebones, I feel people are projecting what they want onto the idea, and filling the gaps with their own. This of course speaks to the imagination, but those people will find themselves sorely disappointed when this RP doesn't turn out to be what they wanted from it.

Of course, all of this is my opinion, and you're free to disagree. I'm not here to tell you that just cause I don't like it, I think you shouldn't either. Heck, if you wanna have fun go ahead, I'm not gonna stop you. I guess I merely wanted to express my concerns, implore people to think thoroughly 'bout what it is they want from this RP, and perhaps in some cases to temper their expectations.

Ps: fine job rebalancing your character, Oster. Now show that you can be creative within the limits you've set for yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crank
    Then again, Error's Destroy the God forum games did run to completion, I believe.
    I'm not so sure I agree with this statement; the one I put my super OP characters into never really finished up. Although it got a strong start, I doubt Bob would be dead with 67 HP remaining. The last posts on the DTG III thread were "OOCs".

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Not a big fan of this whole idea [Now it's just Vern with his long yet insightful five or six paragraph post].
    You know, when you put this whole thing in that light, it does make you think. I changed mind I guess, I will only make this canon if it goes out well. Still, I am quite hyped .

Not a big fan of this whole idea.

First of all, little thought seems to have gone into the creation of this idea. The premise is extremely vague and is not at all fleshed out; "a generic evil force has come to end the world and now you must stop it". Granted, this is a very generic and standard premise for this kind of RP but most at least add some more depth to it. The title too is pretty generic, "end of the world". It's not exactly a very creative or inspired title. Why is it spelled "ends" anyways? Was that a typo/shitty english? Or is it deliberate? I read through the whole thread but nothing gave me the impression that it was.

Of course those that know me, know I'm very much in favour of simplicity, but that is only when it is deliberate. If it is simple due to a lack of forethought, then it will overcomplicate itself eventually as things go on. No offence, but I can not say that I have confidence in Azarel as a capable host. The way I see it he still has a lot of this RP left to figure out, and I imagine it'll go something like this: the RP moves from city to city without a sense of direction, things sort of happen but everyone's mostly gonna do their own thing, and then when Azarel is fed up with running this or people lose interest there'll be a forced showdown with the main baddie and it'll feel lackluster, if it happens at all.

So why are people so antsy for this thing? The way I see it, the reason is threefold: One, people are hungry for any kind of RP and will jump at the first opportunity they get. Two, people have all these underdeveloped non-wRHG characters they want to put to use somewhere. Three, because the premise is so barebones, I feel people are projecting what they want onto the idea, and filling the gaps with their own. This of course speaks to the imagination, but those people will find themselves sorely disappointed when this RP doesn't turn out to be what they wanted from it.

Of course, all of this is my opinion, and you're free to disagree. I'm not here to tell you that just cause I don't like it, I think you shouldn't either. Heck, if you wanna have fun go ahead, I'm not gonna stop you. I guess I merely wanted to express my concerns, implore people to think thoroughly 'bout what it is they want from this RP, and perhaps in some cases to temper their expectations.

Ps: fine job rebalancing your character, Oster. Now show that you can be creative within the limits you've set for yourself :P
    I wouldn't say i'm excited about it so much as I don't have time for a fight and have tried twice now to make a collaboration on an irregular schedule but it fell through because the story dragged on. That and I don't think i'll have another chance to try out a second gladiator any time soon. So my expectations aren't stellar either.

I have to admit your post is mostly spot-on for me though.
    Last edited by Urako; 09-13-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Well, I'm not going to deny that I'm mostly taking advantage of this situation to test out Siene. and I do agree that This needs some more fleshing out, but i think this can be fun, not exactly great and inspiring but still fun.
    No offense meant Azarel, but if we're being honest my expectations for this are really low from the get go, but maybe this might exceed them, so go and prove me and my pessimism wrong.

Thanks, hehe challenge accepted...if this RP gets rolling.

Just better than you GreekGladiator's Avatar
    My character: The Elementalist

Name: Jason 'The Elementalist'
    Abilities: Jason can control all the elements in nature(Fire, Water, Air, Earth and Lightning). He can also cast them from his hand.
    Weapon: Jason owns a small white dagger which he can extend to the length of a longsword and give it the properties of an element or cast attacks through it.
    Weaknesses: Each attack Jason does takes energy from him. The further the element he controls is or the larger the attack he casts is, then he gets tired more easily. He also not very good in a swordfight and uses the sword more to cast elements and defend.
    Appearance: Jason is a relatively tall man at 1,85cm and weighs 80kg. He has short dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. He dresses casually, prefering to wear a t-shirt and tracksuit trousers.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

I literally just slapped this guy together in 85 minutes. Technically, he's supposed to be one of my most heavily developed characters (he is my ultimate bad guy after all), but I just never got around to actually blocking him out properly. Still, I'm happy with what I have, and am ready to share it with you.

Spoiler for Samael:
    Last edited by Cassandra; 09-15-2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: modifications

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Just as Planned. 969_DoomsDruid_969's Avatar
    *Vern things*
    This is very well thought out.

That pleases me. that being said,

(is about to edit in things here)

I am a quality shitposter(and Magnificent Bastard). You, on the other hand, are a shit-quality poster.

Spoiler for Writing Motto:

Spoiler for me:

(made a wRHG)
    (wants to join a clan for the time being)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information