StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

Rhea landed gracefully next to the other archers who were covering her and their other comrades when she heard a noise coming from inside of the Town Hall. She cursed under her breath and signaled for the four archers to follow her, the other two could do the same or continue to rest, it didn't matter to Rhea. The group made their way to the front of the Town Hall where Rhea shoved the doors open and peered inside. There was already an arrow nocked in her bow before the doors came to a complete stop and she took a few steps within. A jerk of her chin signaled for the other archers to do the same, otherwise they may fall prey to the bats with their backs turned.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

The dwarf grunted, taking a sip of his coffee then a smoke from his pipe. He tapped out the ash and stocked it again, lighting it and sticking the pipe back in his mouth. "Guess we'll be stickin with lassie and dwarf fer now then. I best be gettin back ta work. Thanks for the coffee changeling." Rudolph got up and made his way back to the forge, his hard-of-hearing preventing him from hearing the footsteps above him as he continued his forging process.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Rabbit didn't have any time to spare, but he gave a slight nod of approval at Aurea before sprinting where Lera was.

Just as he was about to go in, however, Rabbit slowly took out a tiny glass bottle of an alcohol similar to brandy, just so he didn't get jumped on. He had too many experiences before.

Swallowing the contents, Rabbit staggered back, but then steadied with a smile on his face. "Woo, now dat's some real good stuff right dere."

Slowly creeping around, he heard the slightest sound of.. some liquid, like raindrops dripping on the floor.

"Lera, my friend, are you there? 'Promis I won't kill yeh. Just a ol' rabbit."

Rabbit felt the slightest bit anxious, so he cautiously tip-toed about, ears perking, eyes glancing. The alcohol should make his reaction speeds fast enough to counter any attack, but better safe then dead.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Visage's muscles tensed at the sound of footsteps, though they vanished just as quickly as they began. He knew he heard them. He grew up in the wild, where every sound could mean life or death. Often even the mere breathing of a predator was all the warning you would get. His ears were certainly tuned to pick up on danger.

He raised a single finger to indicate the need for silence, then stood on top of the metal he had been sitting upon. As he drew close enough to touch the ceiling, he cast a spell swiftly, passing through the floor partially, just enough to raise his eyes and ears through the material. The spell would last for only a few minutes and he knew he was nearly out of casting abilities that day, so he scanned the room and listened as best he could, focusing his sharp senses to become even sharper.

**Cast Passwall
    Total Essence Channeled: 105 (might be a number or two off).
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

A figure emerged from the entranceway, and Lera poised to strike. A single whack to the head would put an end to any threat, especially a werewolf-figure. Instinctively, the young woman leapt toward with her blade raised to strike.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

[Thornfell]
    Rhea stepped into the hall and found it in complete tatters. The sofa and chairs were all over the place and the paintings were torn down. The rest of the archers slowly followed the ranger inside, cautiously looking around.

"Where's the mayor?" one of the archers mumbled to another, only to recieve a shrug from the others. Another sound of a struggle kept them on their toes as a chair was flung out of the corridor which lead towards the mayor's office.

"Go, sir!" cried a voice and the mayor was seen running out of the hall.

"Praise the Wings you're here!" The mayor muttered, short on breath. "The...boy. The boy, he's fending them off! Help him please!"

As if on cue, Nocturn was flung to the end of the hall, his body crashing through the wooden wall and out into the city itself. Sliding into view were two large rodent like creatures with blood matted grey fur and wiry tails moving about: wererats.

Nearby, Rabbit approached the deafened Lera. The paranoia had clung to the woman like the screech that took her hearing, she could hear it. The incessant ringing. In a quick flash, she struck at the man with a decent hit on the shoulder. It took a moment before the woman realized she had hit an ally.

Meanwhile, Aurea was busy. She began to mow down the lycanthrope like it was a dance with multiple partners. Exchanging partners was as easy as slitting their throats or guts, a simple pirouette signalle the loss of limb and a flourish of her body showed nothing but poise and bloodshed. Sir Dreimon was caught mouth agape for a moment before actually continuing to fight again. Suddenly, several bats descended on the ground forces their screeches stunning their targets, some succeeded in grabbing them and outright dropping them off at bone breaking heights.

[Church of Petrania]
    Visage wasn't the only one who had heard the sound of footsteps. Esther, Mari and the disciple of Soramaru had heard it, putting them all in alert. As the druid poked his head out, he saw nothing but darkness, the cogs of the church that they had thought to be designs were moving and faintly glowing, as if serving a purpose. He looked to the left to find nothing but shadow and to the right, the same thing. He breathed slightly and turned around and saw a huddled figure at the very edge of the church's entrance. He wasn't sure what it was, but it was vaguely human.

Spoiler for :

"Oh FERIANNE!" It was Rabbit, the historian! He was not part of the wolves, he was one of the preys, like us. Lera immediately let go of her blade to dash toward the wounded man. However, the moment the blade was let go, her grip on her essence loosened and it slipped away, leaving Lera with an onset of physical exhaustion. She lost her footing and was going to crash to the ground, but adrenaline pushed her to hold her stance, barely. Guilt flooded over her for her mistake, but it did not matter. Now, she must hold her composure and assist everyone to her best.

"My apologies, Bunny boy. Dazed, confused and deaf right now." She pointed at her left ear, showing a streak of dry blood, "Can't hear, but can read lips, so speak slowly. Are you hurt badly?" All the while she felt the historian's injured shoulder, slowly feeling out any broken bones. She also took off her cloak to make a makeshift sling for her comrade.

"Raise your arm gently. I'll help patch you up quickly."
    Last edited by Xate; 11-29-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    Just an average person

For a split second Rabbit staggered back, but he quickly recovered with a slight grin on his face.
    Speaking one word slowly at a time, he replied in a southern twang, a bit softer than usual.

"I'm not hurt that bad, Lera! Golly, I came here to help yew, not the other way around. I need to ask if you ok, not the other way around."
    Raising his arm, he kept up the chatter.

"I saw that you wuz not in the greatest of shapes, so I came to check on yeh. Your knight friend is tearin the beasts outside."
    "Dang, you are one of the fastest I've encountered, not many people can catch me out like that," Rabbit chuckled. "And I've fought just about everythin."

Seeing Lera exhausted, Rabbit quickly offered his uninjured arm for support.
    Last edited by Haru; 11-29-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Rhea looked over everything quickly and spotted her bag still near where the couch was. She didn't give a damn about anyone here or these damn monsters, but her bag was rather important to her and her survival. A wooden arrow was fired at one of the rats as soon as she saw it, and then another, and another, and another as she made her way over to her bag. Rhea exclaimed to the others, "after we clear this building out, make sure the wounded and those unable to fight take cover." She couldn't help feeling like they were being played for fools by being here, but here they were anyway.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

After Lera made quick work of the wound, which seem to be minor bruising, she had the sling be loose and easily removable with a single motion for convenience sake. It would also easily slip out if grabbed ahold of. No wolves would be able to take advantage of this sling, she hoped.

Seeing Rabbit's offered hand, she shook it with confidence. Then she went to grab her own wooden blade. She noticed a sword inside the building she's in, possibly a soldier's abode now that she paid attention. A few pieces of armor strewn around, with a few backup blades at the back.

She snatched one and approached Rabbit.

"Need a potion for your eyes? It will allow you to pierce the darkness like those lycanthropes. For both of us." She showed him a bottle, golden liquid inside. To an untrained eye, it's like a bottle of human waste. But Lera wouldn't say that out loud.
    Just an average person

Thread Information