StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

Rudolph didn't do much while Ox and Visage went to look for whoever was in the bushes. He wasn't one for hide and seek so simply waited for whoever it was to show themselves so he can punch them, or for whoever to walk away. The dwarf was a bit surprised to see Rhea as she emerged from the shrubbery. He let her talk before greeting her. "Ay lassie! Good t' see ya, 'n Oy can say the same to ya. Though what're ya doin out here? Lookin fer some grub? Cause gotta tell ye, 'aven't even seen a squirrel." Then he went on to answer her questions. "Ayy dat be Ox and 'is golem. An' sadly 'e talks as much if not more. 'E can also sing, but not worth 'is weight in ale. Oy do consider m'self a bettin man, but think you'd lose either way cause ye'd waste an arrow." He stomped up to the huntress and pulled a bag out of his pockets. "Though gotta thank ye fer makin 'im stop 'is playin. 'Ere's silver arrowheads, bet ye can put these t' use." Rudolph finished with, "But Oy say let 'im be, may have some room between da ears but 'e got grit fer a knife-ears. A good trait no matter what ye be.

"Then this be Esther, she part of da Order of tha Lantern-Bearer. She got as tough a tongue as you. The whelp be a survivor from the caravan."

He looked over to Ox and Rook. "Now git! We gotta get ta town and deliver the weapons." He smiled at Rhea, "Got real beauts in dem sleighs. Enough to outfit da militia and den some."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Aurea rather reluctantly has made her horse slow down and then stop. When the changeling appeared as the reason of disturbance, she didn't look all that surprised. The knight listened to what he had to say, digesting some less, some more important information, and shook her head at last question. "The town was attacked as soon as the night fell...Or rather, when it got dark suddenly. No real casualties, but a lot of wounded. Which might've been on purpose...Infection. The raid was oddly organized, and I don't really believe it was a simple hunt. They had purpose." Aurea sounded almost as if she was giving in a report. "Not sure what it is but... Anyway, if I-...We hadn't been there, this attack might've ended worse. As much as this town could make use of more silver weapons, they need people to wield them properly. There's even less of them after yesterday...I dare to believe Thornfell will get overrun within few days. With silver, or without it."

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Anger was bubbling up rather quickly when Ox thought he could just waltz back on over to his precious waste of metal, completely ignoring Rhea. She could visualize the arrow piercing clean through his throat, spraying his blood over the lantern bearer and that child. He wouldn't die instantly, no, but he would likely go into shock as he tried to sing or play a damn song. Even in death this half elf fuck would probably be just as annoying.

Rudolph approaching and breaking the silence got her mind back on track as she reminded herself that she was a professional through and through. Rhea accepted the silver arrowheads with a smile and a nod in thanks before stashing them away in one of her own pouches. "To be honest though, many of the Lycans were killed without silver weaponry last night. Cutting with silver would likely be more effective, but I think stabbing in general is the way to go for the lesser of the bunch. There was a very large boar creature among them that seemed rather durable and the leader of the bunch. I'm not sure what you all encountered last night, but these things aren't very rabid. They learn from their mistakes and adapt." Rhea sighed. "Aurea is planning on going to search for their den, so I imagine she'll be on her way through here any time now. I personally think we should continue on with our initial quest rather than fighting every tiny battle that we come across. The woods are very scarce of wildlife, and I haven't got too much food stored to keep wasting days."

Rhea glanced over at Esther and the little girl and gave them a slight wave of the hand and a slight, mostly genuine smile. "At least if things get really bad we can keep the mech and eat the half breed." She shrugged and gave Ox a wink before signaling with her hand for Rook to carry on with the sleighs. "An arrow saved indeed."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

"There are other details, too, Visage," Lera chimed in, "It seems the city's High Constable, Quentin Thawne, went missing ever since the attack. Not only that, Lantern Cross apparently had an incident, drying up supplies."

"There was also this peculiar knight from the Lantern Cross shipment. He was delusional and mad, whose life ended from lockup to death. Mauled and collected by a humanoid boar. It's possible he was the lure for the lycanthropes to track us. Or perhaps carrying the infection. We may never know."
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Ox firmly smacked Rook on the chest, a signal for him to calm down a bit and start pulling the sleds once again. He ignored the girl's wink as he took the lead alongside his sturdy companion, who easily gathered the sleds once again. Before he decided to speak, gen had some things to tell Rook. He took his fingers and placed them in the middle of his pointed ears before pulling them back quickly. Then, he placed two fingers at his neck and used his other hand to point at his eye.

"Alright, we should hurry up. I don't like being out hea. There's some weird creatures and lycans out here."

WRHG:Beth

Availability:
    Let's Rumble

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    greasy oil space niggahs.
    Spoiler for Who Do I Fight For?:

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

"Tha town got attacked? Well then..." The dwarf stroked his beard. "Dat's troublin to hear, an' the fact silver may have not been worth tha trip." Rudolph nodded. "Then ya may be roight, once we deliver these, we best be off. Though it don't spell well fo the town, seems like they be on their last legs." He shrugged, "But they ain't our employers, an' da need of the many outweigh da needs of the few." Rudolph mulled over what she said. "Though why tha knife-ears? 'E be a bit stringy no? Actually a lot of our companions 'r pretty lean." The dwarf began walking, "Oy'll share some jerky with ya when we get back, got sum in m' rucksack, by the way, ya lot didn't look through it roight?"

[Thornfell - Eastern Forest]

"Indeed," Sir Dreimon nodded to Aurea's statement regarding the silver. "However, don't underestimate the power of morale the silvered weapons may bring. Every militia saw your silvered spear carve through the lycanthrope's skull like it was paper. Confidence can mean a lot in warfare. Now we must meet with the rest of the party, I assume they are with you, sir changeling."

Visage nodded and the wolf turned back to the way towards the party. The changeling lead the team towards the remaining group, back where Rhea was.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Esther raised an eyebrow to the town's dismal night but she said nothing about it, nodding back at Rhea's smile and noted something else. "Quest?" the Order member said inquisitively. "What may that be?"

In mere moments, Visage appeared to the rest of the group from the bramble to the west, alongisde four horsemen whose faces were all familiar: Sir Dreimon, Lera, Rabbit and Aurea.

"It has been one night," Sir Dreimon smiled. "But I did miss seeing your faces."

Spoiler for :

Ox, a man eager to leave the forest so he could claim any reward available at Thornfell, was incredibly disappointed when the group didn't start moving as soon as possible. He was even more disappointed when he saw more lovely adventurers come out of the woods like wolves during mating season... was that a good analogy? Ox wasn't very well versed when it came to wolf sex patterns. But, no matter how disappointed he was on the inside, he made sure his face had the friendliest smile he could muster. Rook looked back with Ox as the new people started speaking, taking it in for a second before looking down at his half-Elf companion.

"What're ya lookin' at me for? You can see them, yeah?" Ox said, before stepping forward to be a part of the discussion that would, probably, follow their arrival.

WRHG:Beth

Availability:
    Let's Rumble

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    greasy oil space niggahs.
    Spoiler for Who Do I Fight For?:

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

He looked at Esther, "Da nova near Highpoint. The government hired people t' see what it's all about. Surprised y' didn't know, but guess ya had more important things to attend to."

He looked at Sir Dreimon and snorted. "If yer happy t' see moi face, makes m'think ya need to find yerself a woman." The dwarf began making his way past the knight. "Now let's make our way back. Got things to finish before we make way to da church."

"Hm?" Aurea looked towards Dreimon when he mentioned her throw, at first not comprehending what he was talking about. "Oh, right...Silver...Yes..." Now realizing the sense of his words, and perhaps her own mistake, horse's stomps substituted for her nervous moves as she briefly looked away. The knight knew that silver haven't played that much of a role there, but... Maybe that's for the better, its the result that counts.

She jumped of the horse with a muffled thud as she landed, and followed the changeling leading the animal by the reins. Very soon it will have to bear her weight who knows how far and long. When they've rejoined the group, she quickly glanced over old and new faces, stopping for little longer at the latter ones. Just as Visage said. Some terrified little girl, a freakishly tall elf, an oddly familiar-looking machine, and an armed woman in a tricorne with a strange lantern. As for the others, it seemed like their escapade was rather uneventful. Aurea nodded in their general direction as her by now usual greeting.

She couldn't help but to crack a tiniest, shortest smile at dwarf's comment before her face became stone again. "Speaking of things to finish, I'm afraid we're heading in opposite directions as it is right now...Do deliver the silver then, and don't wait for us too long...Maybe...Maybe you all should join and help them actually." She looked back at the party behind her, her mask breaking a little, as a note of resignation slipped through. "The faster the weapons are ready and distributed, the better...I'll be fine, really."
    Last edited by MrSkully; 12-19-2017 at 04:46 PM.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Thread Information