StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

As Mari headed for the door, she felt a hand drop on her shoulder and halt her march. When Visage appeared in her line of sight, the two crossed eyes almost in a clash of wills. And as he began to communicate telepathically with her, she saw it: the sweet talk intimidation he was so reknown for. But she wasn't impressed; in her younger days she dealt with such people on a regular basis, during the uprising of the Fangs in Lantern Cross. Nevertheless she had no intent in backing off, so she replied in kind, her Illumian marks glowing ever so slightly as she mimicked his spell.

"You may have convinced yourself that you took this job because of your noble intent, your will to do good. And yes it might be true. I might have made burned ground around me during the years, but I've also built a career by sticking to those same principles that you speak of. In lives like mine you can only rely on yourself. Having to put your trust in others is what brings to your own demise. But what do you know about it? From what I've seen you're putting up this facade of nobleness and kindness, but I know enough about you to not trust you, Visage. I took this job for a reason and one reason only: gold. That's what thieves do. You should probably ask yourself that question too.

As the two stared into each other's eyes communicating, Mari picked up the background conversation. She stepped around Visage and walked forward, rejoining the party as soon as they mentioned heading to an abandoned church. The knight in armor volunteered to go.

"I'll join you." she added, glancing over to Aurea.

Cast Telepathy
    Last edited by DelorMaximus; 10-13-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Visage nodded to Rudolph. "I'll be happy to join you. I'm not metalsmith, but I have several spells that might prove extremely helpful for smithing in the middle of the wilderness...or anywhere else, for that matter."

He turned to leave, talking back to Mari. Who ever said I was doing this for any reason at all? We work the same job at different ends, you and I. Besides, I trust everyone and no one simultaneously -- that balance has been my key to success. We're both aberrant creations, after all, grown from the same breed of insanity and corruption. My reasons are my own and no questions need I ask, but I can assure you that were not my nobility and refinement traits as true and deep as any others my name would be feared the world around, not respected. One thing you learn as a Druid -- take everything to heart, keep everything in hand, use everything to live. Wise saying, that. Gold? Ha...that is but a child's bauble, ephemeral as the breeze, mere fodder for theft and tarnish. Power...not of magic but of men...well...that's another thing entirely, my dear...
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

She shook her head to Rudolph, "I think I'll stay here, instead." Rhea lifted a leather bag from off the ground and sat it next to her on the couch, then proceeded to lay down with her head resting on her bag. She flicked a button on her hip and pulled a long hunting knife from it's hiding place on her hip and fished out a whetstone from a pocket with her other hand. With the bow resting at her side between her body and the cushions, Rhea proceeded to rub the stone down her blade.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

"Ah, dis book right here? Nothin special 'bout it." Rabbit humbly stated, like the freakin savant he is.
    "Just a chronicle' o sorts', my own travels' and the like, miss." A slight energy pulse emanated from the book as he thumped it.
    "Really, nothin' special. I mean, I coul' git into detail' and de' loike, but don't wanna bore ya."

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

He looked to Rhea and nodded, "Yer choice lassie." The dwarf then turned to Mari. "Huh didn't think ye be interested. Alroght then, glad to have ye on board. Now if I can have yer weapons please." He indicated to the three that accepted his invitation. "I'll get to coatin them in silver then we can make some headwind on these werebeasts." Once he had the weapons in hand he would make his way to the forge. There were two orders he had to fulfill, one was to melt the silver to appropriately coat the weapons, and the other was to create a weapon for himself to fight the werewolves. His weapon would be considerably unorthodox as he had a special weapon. He kept his heavy coat on to protect him from the forge's heat and to get back into the rhythm, he took out his pipe and filled it with tobacco, using a coal from the forge to light it. With a few puffs, he felt back in place and began his work. He prepped two crucibles, one which he filled with steel and the other with silver, he fit the steel into the forge and went to work on his weapon. Using a mold box, he filled the create with clay, packing it densely until it filled the entire wooden frame. He then created a prototype of the tool with wood, pressing it into the clay until he got a good mold. He capped the box and then poured the molten steel within, encasing it within the box until it cooled. As it cooled, he put the crucible full of silver into the forge and then went to sharpen the weapons he was given on a sharpening stone. Once each possessed a keen edge, he put them aside as well. He prepared frames where he poured and spread the silver until he had a thin foil which he wrapped the weapons in, then he used the forge to create a more sleek and uniform fit, heating the silver and then tempering it with a hammer. He dipped the finished weapons in water to accelerate the cooling then went back to his own project. Pulling the steel weapon out of its mold, he sanded it down and made sure he could grip it properly before dipping the entire thing into the remaining molten silver. From the molten silver he went to the water, cooling it immediately and then sanding off the remaining silver which he swept back into the crucible. He fit the silver knuckle duster over his right hand, the pummel felt comfortable in his palm and the knuckle was wide and bulky, just how he liked it. He had spent a few hours in the forge, and taking the weapons back up, he handed them back to their owners. He put his rucksack down by the fireplace and pulling out his gauntlet, put it in his pocket before going back to the front entrance, ready to set out.
    Last edited by Aquila; 10-13-2017 at 01:32 PM.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

While Rudolph was away Visage took a brief nap. No reason why not to rest when he could, considering he had no idea what the trek might bring with it. Awakened by the lumbering dwarf awhile later, Visage happily accepted back his swords, now coated with silver. He cocked his head at the dwarf. "Do you by any chance have just a bit of spare silver? I have a bit of a plan for it, if possible."
    Last edited by Alphaeus; 10-13-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Jae had to tell me it was just my swords and not my knives, this was a post misunderstanding pliz no keel Miggles
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

"Mhm..." Aurea nodded, and turned around to grab, and pass her sword to Rudolph, although being visibly reluctant about it. With the dwarf gone, she remained in the room for a while staring through the window before she suddenly left as well, leaving resting people unbothered. Despite the weather outside, the knight apparently engaged herself on aiding the people performing repairs. For next few hours Aurea could've been seen outside carrying around various materials and boxes, operating a hammer with nails sticking out of her mouth, or using some other tool alongside people of Thornfell. She hadn't really asked anyone for instructions, rather taking care of simple obvious things and heavy lifting.

Seeing Rudolph leave the forge and head to the town hall, Aurea quickly finished what she was doing at the time, and soon followed. When she retrieved her weapon, the knight slowly ran her open palm on the flat side of the blade, examining it. "Well done...Thank you." Aurea murmured the first part to herself, and then modestly shown her gratitude with thanks and a nod, before putting the sword away. "So...When do we depart?"
    Last edited by MrSkully; 10-13-2017 at 09:58 AM.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

[OOC: I was to timeskip but Alph and Skully ninja'd me. Its fine though, so simply consider their posts just after mine.]

As Rudolph's forging passed, so did the time. The mayor left the room and went back to his quarters within the town hall. One could swear the man was snoring but maybe not. The rain slowly weakened bu tnot completely but the lightning had visibly stopped and the thunder ceased almost completely. The townsfolk had already begun their work of repairing the large walls that encircled Thornfell by the time the dwarf had entered the forge, alongside the soldiers of Sir Dreimon, the repairs went smoothly. The investigatory group mingled (or not) with the locals or simply doing what they preferred. Once Rudolph had finished with his work, it was just after noon.

The mayor reappeared from his room down the hall and noticed some had not left the large living space. His eyes settled on the weapons that Rudolph had created, one of Aurea's and another of Visage's.

"Good afternoon, master dwarf," he greeted. "I see you've gotten your work finished. Masterfully done." Roderique came closer and inspected the silvered weapons.

Upon hearing Aurea's question the mayor rubbed his chin in thought. "Perhaps the sooner the better," he said. "If night falls, your return trip may be harder than what it needs to be."

Spoiler for :

Mari was about to turn and leave the room when the dwarf stepped up in front of her, demanding her weapons. She glanced over him in a moment of confusion, before slipping her hand behind her back and pulling the handcannon out of its fodder. She presented it passively to the side, allowing Rudolph to clearly see it.

"My blades do not need tinkering, but I appreciate the offer. Instead use some of the silver and make me some pellets. A dozen or two should suffice." she blandly stated before walking past the dwarf and patting him on his shoulder on the way.

The woman made her way through the main door and down a corridor, soon finding herself at the entrance of the premises. There, besides a couple of guards that supervised said entrance, stood two more individuals. A man and a woman, both differing from each other in every aspect: the man stood tall, roughly 6'4, with short buzzed caramel hair and blue eyes. His posture was rigid and imposing, with straight spine and squared shoulders. His wardrobe was simple but effective, consisting of a plain white (and wet) shirt complemented with brown leather pants and boots. Over the pants he wore a complicated leather belt which showcased two pouches on its left and a hanging longsword on its right. He stood quietly, nodding at regular intervals to the woman's chatter.

Speaking of which, the woman was his polar opposite. Roughly a foot shorter than the man, with long red hair tied up in a weird bun, green eyes and a freckled face, she was going all over the place, gesturing often and even raising her voice every now and then, for various reasons. Her appearance consisted of a black short tanktop that revealed her belly, baggy cargo pants and black tabi shoes. The pants were ripped and cut in different areas, revealing the heavily tattooed legs the woman possesses. Alongside the leg tats she also sported some ink on her arms, having a red and black traditional dragon spiraling around her left arm and a dagger on her right forearm. Upon closer inspection one could notice that her pants holstered a handful of small knives in specific compartments, alongside a handcannon that was strapped to her waist.
    The two did share one particular. Both of them had a red and black scarf: the man had his tied around his neck and the woman had it wrapped around her hair, holding the bun.

When Mari laid eyes on the two, she began walking towards the two. As she closed in, she managed to hear some of the one sided conversation but paid no heed to it. As the leader of the Fangs neared the two, the man relaxed a bit, whereas the redhead stiffened up.

"This job is going to be a bit more complicated than expected. Werewolves are probably involved so this won't be a walk in the park. I'm open to suggestions." she spoke with authority.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

"Aye, there should still be some left in the crucible by the forge." Rudolph told Visage, he looked about to find Mari, a pouch in his hand of her bullets, he had made iron pellets which then were rolled in silver. "Aum ready when ye are." Rudolph responded gruffly to the group.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information