StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

Rudolph grunted, they were making good time and now wasn't a time to slow down. He didn't want to make any noise however, there was no idea what was out there and so didn't want to call out to Visage. He looked up to the eagle and waved his hand to get Visage's attention. He pointed downward to indicate that the changeling should join them back on the ground. He crunched out the smoldering tobacco with his finger and pocketed his pipe. Once the druid joined them he would approach the church and ease his way through the door. "Let's see what we got here."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Rhea stayed sprawled out on her couch, either completely disinterested in whatever concerned the mayor or still asleep. She was here for one reason only.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

She could just...go. Right now even. Was there really a point in all this waiting? Aurea yet again gave Highmount an almost longing look, as she was working on the traps outside the walls of Thornfell.

Once all was done, she accepted the thanks with a slight bow and a smile, and headed back towards the town hall. Everyone was already there...or perhaps noone got himself engaged into anything productive throughout all this time and just waited.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Visage noted Rudolph's signal and dove down to the ground, spreading his massive wings to make a couple back strokes just before impact to bring himself to a soft, silent landing. Shifting back into his human form, he shivered slightly.

"There's something wrong here, more than just the overgrowth. While I was an animal there was a distinct sense of unnatural corruption pervading this whole forest. Stay on your highest guard...I'd advise weapons be drawn and readied."

Taking his own advice, Visage hooked the small crucible he had taken earlier on his belt with a bit of rawhide from his satchel, placed the piece of silver in it, and focused on it until the silver melted.

With the silver ready, Visage took his cudgel from his hip. At his will, the simple piece of wood morphed into an intricately grained recurve bow. A single twig sprouted from the outside edge of it. Plucking the twig, it elongated into a strange arrow of sorts. A single fluid gesture dipped the broadhead tip into his liquid silver, then knocked the arrow. Holding it at half draw, he nodded to Rudolph to go ahead and open the doors.

Cast Heat: 5 essence channeled | 11 total today
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

As the party began to get ready, Mari lurked somewhat in the back, scanning the surroundings of the party in order to maybe catch some off movements. As she did so, her hands slipped behind her back and pulled out her handcannon. The woman began loading the firearm with gunpowder, swiftly detaching the iron stick from its barrel and pressing it down the barrel. The pellet followed an instant later, receiving the same fate as the powder. Once the first cannon was ready, she slipped the stick back onto its hole beneath the barrel and returned the weapon from where she had taken it. An instant later, the other handcannon appeared from around her back, the one that Nat had given her. She repeated the same actions as before, loading it with a silver pellet. Considering the awkwardness of those actions, Mari had finished in a record time, taking only a dozen seconds for both.

She held the cannon in her left hand, and drew her longsword, wielding it in her right hand. She looked over her shoulder one last time before turning her attention to the door and patiently awaiting the entry into the decrepit church.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

Edward wasn't dumb, he knew everyone was being quiet for a good reason. Staying silent he kept near the back of the group. The dwarf seemed like a capable strong man. He could handle the front. But what if one of those werewolves assaulted from the back? No no no. They would need Edward to watch the woods. To prepare for a sneak attack! Yes. Yes that is good.

Edward giggled ever so slightly to himself, the sound no more than an odd exhale.

Writer that can't Animate BakaBaka's Avatar
    Everyone took their weapons out but for Amon he already had his ready and out, still using it as a support. He got more and more anxious as time went by, his hand turned to a dark color of yellow creating a small and dim light in the middle of the group. Amon would create one shield that would circle around him and create two more in the very back. The shields were formed almost instantly, they were made of silver, quite a round shield with two spikes near the top pointing at the sky while one pointed to the ground at the bottom and one in the middle forming a single spike pointing in the direction they were in. He looked beyond the dwarf and towards the door patiently waiting for the dwarf to take the first step into the church.

Spoiler for <Some Quotes>:

Church of Petrania
    As Rudolph closed the gap between the door and himself, he saw the intricate design of the door: the wood was painstakingly carved in Petrania's image, her arms open as if to embrace the person coming inside her house of worship. The dwarf pushed the door a bit more inward as he couldn't fit perfectly from the opening the door had been in already.

The door protested against it but with another heave, the dwarf managed to open it wide enough for himself. He entered through the opening and saw the place was as decrepit as it was outside. Looking to what had stopped the door from opening, he found vines growing on the marble tiled floor and noticing the hinges, it had rusted over time. It smelled of old antiquities inside, dust and pollen mixed in the air. A few rows of benches, nearest to the altar, were still in their places, however every other row of benches after were forced to the sides. Above the altar lied the largest of all the stain glass windows, only broken in some places and a single large tree had grown from the altar's left side, growing immensely over the years and arching upwards through the roof, puncturing holes and allowing sun beams to slice through the darkness, giving some source of light. Visage followed as soon as Rudolph entered. The changeling noted the church had arches over to each side where all of the benches were haphazardly placed as blockades. To the left, one could see two staircases, one leading up and another down; then to the right lead to some rooms, perhaps quarters of the priests and clerics.

Edward, Amon and Mari were just behind them1 entering at their own pace while guarding their rear. It was as eerily quiet inside as the out, if not more.

They had exactly two and a half hours before night fell on them.

Thornfell
    Natalie and Hunter had been helping around as well, Aurea had managed to see them and work with them a couple of times while they set up the traps. They did not speak to each other but very much were acquainted enough to work well with each other.

As Aurea left for the townhall, the two lieutenants kept working, building rapport with the folk of Thornfell. Something odd had struck them in light of all this while speaking to the town. While Sir Dreimon filled in a crucial role in the city, where was the previous? Where was the city's High Constable?2

Back in the townhall, the Mayor sighed. "She's late I suppose."

"Oh hello, Miss," Roderique smiled as the knight entered. After a moment, he asked: "What order are you from? Children of the Sun perhaps?"

Suddenly a rap on the door alarmed the people inside. "Yes, come in," the Mayor called out.

A burly man, one of the townsfolk no doubt appeared at the doorway. "A caravan is poised to arrive, sir. It looks to be from Lantern's Cross."

"My, my," the Mayor said. "Do you mind if you join me, Miss? Also Lera, this may be your stocks. I hope they came without a scratch..."

With that, Mayor Roderique left the townhall with those who wanted to tag along.

FOOTNOTES
    1For Mari, Amon and Edward: The silence of the woods is broken. A light rustling of branches can be heard in the trees but neither of you can pinpoint where. All you know its up there, whatever it is. Perhaps it is just a trick of your imagination? Birds still exist... hopefully.
    2For Lera: Thornfell's High Constable is Quentin Thawne. Middle aged man, brown hair and brown eyes. Always wore his uniform when he was outside. You've never heard from him since the last attack.

Spoiler for :

"W're burnin daylight." The dwarf rumbled, "Best finish our business 'ere snappishly." The dwarf lumbered forward, his fingers readjusting around the knuckle duster before he clenched his fist tightly again. "First, da altar, then we c'n go deeper fr'm there." The dwarf however kept his head on a swivel, checking the stairs and the hallway to the rooms to either side of him as he made his way down the aisle.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Aurea nodded to the mayor, reciprocating not too sincere of a smile, as she headed to her at this point usual spot. When asked about her order however, she stopped dead in her tracks for a moment. "No, I uh...I don't think so, no... It's..." There was a sudden knock on the door, and the knight felt almost relieved, as the sound distracted the mayor from her person. It was a simple message from on of the denizens.

"I thought no caravan was able to reach this city recently? Well...The more reason to unload and spread the supplies faster." Aurea has barely entered the room, when she turned around and headed towards the exit again, following the mayor.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information