StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

Visage grunted solemnly. "Well, healing will be of little help now I suppose. If they have all been bitten, however, I would strongly suggest cremating the bodies. There is no telling how this Lycanthropy may work. Last the we need is a score of our former allies rising as beasts. Besides, cremating them would allow us to honor them as well."

He cast a quick glance around. "I'll send a messenger saying we might be delayed. If there is just you, Miss, then we have little reason to take longer. That said, I can seal us into this basement with solid stone if need be, so I am not deeply afraid of the night...but no need to push our luck."

With that said, he strode over to the stairwell and lifted up his hand. In the palm of his hand the air swirled as a tiny screech owl morphed into view. The creature stared at its creator silently. Visage met its gaze. "Go to Thornfell. Find the Mayor. Tell him that we have found a survivor -- and many dead -- at the temple. We may be delayed, but will strive to return -- or make it to our next stop -- before nightfall, silver and survivor in tow."

The owl nodded, then leapt towards the doorway. It flapped its wings, silently flitting out of view as it headed for the exit. Visage nodded, then turned back to the ground.

"If you wish to find the silver, I can go ahead and seal this entrance. I will stand guard outside since I will be able to pass through my own stone wall." He moved to the foot of the stairs, but waited for their decision.

__________________________________________________ __

Cast: Animal Messenger
    Essence Channeled: 8 | Total: 19
    Last edited by Alphaeus; 10-23-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

The dwarf bowed his head slightly as a form of respect to the dead and placed his hand on his chest. "Sounds like you got yerself quite the responsibility then lassie, gettin you home safe will be gettin them all home safe. But good t' 'ear that we won't be bothered by any werebeasts whilst in here. Doesn't make us any more than rats trapped in a hole, but least w're safe, fer now."

"The metals right here laddie." Rudolph patted the tubs. "Now we got two choices, wait out here for the night then head back in the mornin and come back with carts and horses, or hoof it back now and come back in the mornin with carts and horses. Now I don't know about you lads and lasses, but Om thinkin that as long as this silver is here, them werebeasts ain't gonna rest easy. So I got a funny feelin in m' gut that if we leave this silver now, we ain't gonna get it in the mornin. Now how'd that be the case I aint sure, but these beasties seem to be different, so I suspect somethin." Rudolph chuckled dryly. "But w're not gonna be able to move these tubs in a few hours lassie, these must weigh tonnes if not more. We gonna need them carts."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

[Church of Petrania]
    Visage left for the stairwell do summon his messenger and at that time, it took a while. He knew of the tug earlier, the one that sent all creatures to scurry away from here and perhaps it was one reason as to why his messenger was taking too long to come by. The minutes he spent waiting however, allowed the druid to see that it had already gotten dark. A lot sooner than what was expected. It was never a good sign if the Sun decided to leave the summer day early.

In time, his messenger did arrive, an owl of small stature. The owl was visibly shaken, its feather's rustled as it shook its body to smoothen them out. It gazed at Visage, frightened but compelled and awaited the message that needed delivering. With it said and done, the small owl turned its head and looked to the sky, doubtful before actually flying off.

The changeling walked down the stairwell to meet the rest of the group; Esther simply gave him a nod.

Rudolph found the tubs to be warmest close to the forge itself. Despite the weak flame in the forge, the tub closest was partialy molten. The tubs of metals were segregated, each with a plaque above them. For gold, the plaque above it said: "For you were generous and unselfish, you shared with us the likeness of the Sun."1

"It is simply my duty, dwarf," she said humbly. "Nothing more. I agree to staying as well. The lycans are tenacious and patient hunters, they know we'll be leaving soon. We can cremate the bodie s after the dwarf does his work. How fast can you smith, dwarf?"

[Thornfell]
    Night eventually fell, an hour sooner than what was expected. Sir Dreimon had ordered the closing of the gates which the town was more than happy to oblige to. Aurea and Lera watched as the gates to Thornfell, west and east, were closed shut and the four meter high barricade made the city feel cramped. Archers began to patrol the treetops as the sky darkened into an inky black. Fortunately, stars still flickered and the moon was still whole.

The wind brought a summer chill and the sounds of movement in the trees stirred the patrols. It could have been simply the wind.

Aurea knew better. This wind was different. She didn't feel the cold or heat, not with her body anymore but the air felt eerily familiar2.

-=-=-=-=-

Lera arrived at the town hall to grab her stuff. When she did, she found Rhea still asleep and Haru reading his book, nothing new was happening it seemed. Until the mayor and a new guy had appeared from the hallway.

"Ah, Lera," the mayor said, a grim expression on his face. "It seems we won't be getting any more shipments from Lantern's Cross anytime soon, the one that this boy Nocturn delivered, is the last of it."

"Aye, miss," Nocturn said, affirming the fact. "There 'as been an incident in the Bearer's Hold and it seems the Order are doing their best and 'ad the city evacuate. On our way here, we eyed some Sun children, no doubt arriving to assist."

FOOTNOTES:
    1For Rudolph:
    Iron: "For you were merciful and kind, you have given us the tools to which me made our cities and society."
    Silver: "For you were worried and troubled, you had pleaded with the Goddess of the Hunt and gave us the bane of the abberations of the wild."
    There were others for Copper, Bronze and an empty tub but they are all illegible.

2For Aurea: Your amulet reacts to the atmospheric essence brought on by the wind. It's not only you that feels the air is familiar. It felt like the Glacial Wastes.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 10-25-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Spoiler for :

Rhea was in and out of of it during her nap. She picked up on some various sounds both within the building and outside of it, though she didn't really care for anything that was going on. Her being here was only temporary, and she had no obligation to deal with these people more than what she had agreed to. Without a care in the world, Rhea rolled herself from the couch and began to stretch her limbs. A quick gaze towards the windows let her know that night had fallen sooner than it should have. The huntress reclaimed her seat before pulling out some smoked jerky from her bag, as well as a quiver full of wooden arrows. "I suppose the other half of our rag-tag team won't be joining us tonight. Would be a shame if they all got eaten, I rather like the dwarf."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

After unloading the shipment, Aurea remained outside assisting with last preparations before the nightfall. This woman really looked like a tireless type, that wouldn't sit idly as long as there was anything that could be taken care of.

She watched the gates being closed, but that hasn't made her feel any better, since the other party still hasn't returned, or safer, limiting her vision. It was just a matter of mild annoyance, but still; There was no telling what's past these walls now...aside for the hunch. There was familiar essence in the air, and the night felt odd the very moment it got dark, if not before even. There was only one other night like this that she remembered, but she had a feeling there were many more that she did not. The knight took a deep breath of crisp air, crossing her arms and frowning at the archers up top, before she suddenly turned on her heel and hastily made her way towards the town hall, making up her mind.

Aurea entered the main room for one reason only; her helmet. She marched through the chamber, straight towards the windowsill and having retrieved her equipment, the woman turned around and drummed on her helmet almost fondly, eyeing the people inside. They were all still here, minding their own business. Only difference really, was that the hunter was awake now. On Rhea, Aurea's gaze remained the longest, since presently beside herself she was the only person that the knight believed could really fend for herself, and was actually armed. Aurea stared for no longer than ten seconds in total, and then headed back for the exit. "The air reeks of trouble..." The undead spoke up to no one in particular, perhaps trying to explain her awkward proceedings. She still didn't know to what extents she can trust her 'instincts'. Coming out as paranoid might also make her look suspicious in the long run.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Rhea got up from the couch after eating a bit of jerky and followed after the knight with her bag slung over her shoulder and her quiver strapped to her waist. She gave Aurea a pat on the shoulder as she opened the door and began to walk outside, "Come then, let us look for a good spot to watch the trouble." Rhea would scout the area once outside for all vantage points.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

"Ya dunt need to worry bout how fast I can work lassie. Om guessing that as we hold out fer the night, ye want me to begin makin silver weapons so that instead of luggin this tub, we can just carry the blades." Rudolph tapped the tub of gold and watched it ripple. "Dat's funny... lassie what do you know about this fire? Cause this ain't normal. The fact the golds been meltin but not our flesh is sayin something. Shame that the gold is upfront 'nd not the silver." He tapped the iron and silver tub, "We ain't gonna be able to move these things so best we figure out a way to strengthen the flames. Hopefully it'll continue not burnin us." Rudolph looked into the flame to see if it was feeding off some type of fuel, but it being a holy relic he doubt it. So the dwarf knelt down on one knee, his hands folded in front of him as he bent down his head and prayed. "Thou who forged the stars 'nd heavens. Who looks upon what we create and call it good. I ask from ye a boon, to help me help others through yer grace. Thy flame is needed to forge tools of protection and cleansing, however it grows weak in this time of darkness when we need it the most. So I ask ye to grace us with a miracle."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

[Church of Petrania]

The flame responded to the dwarf's prayer, its flame grew brighter and its comforting warmth enveloped Rudolph. As he continued to pray, the fire understood. It grew brighter and its flames shot up into the wallface behind it. The fire burned away the flora that blocked its path, indentations previously covered now for all to see. The path winded up into the ceiling and radiated out. Several went down into the tubs, heating their bases. The rest lit up alcoves with fire, lighting up the barely lit forge area.

When Rudolph had finished, he noticed that some metals in the tub had already begun melting. The light also illuminated the corpses around them. They all looked fairly young, some obviously milita, the others Children of the Sun paladins.

[Thornfell]
    As the ranger and knight left the premises of the town hall, one of the archers whistled from above. The rest of the patrol quickly moved the nearest they could from their treetop bridges, peering into the darkness with the arrows ready to fly.

Sir Dreimon looked up to the archer who had signalled, waiting for another call to judge whether it was danger or a false-alarm. The townsfolk around them were paralyzed, awaiting instruction as the soldiers of Fedimia pooled closer to the center of town. The knight captain looked over to Rhea and Aurea with bated breath then back to the archer at the bridges. Moments pass until one of them looses an arrow.

A howl of pain echoes in the night.

"Women and children inside!" Sir Dreimon ordered. "Anyone who can fight, fight! Thornfell will not fall to the beasts of the aberrant night."

Dreimon's squad brought their arms to bare, closing in on the gate.

Spoiler for :

Visage, seeing the fire spread, nodded in approval. He stepped out into the stairwell and climbed up to the top of it. He checked carefully to see if he heard or saw anything. Night was spreading fast.

(If he does see/hear anything, He will retreat)

Seeing the cost is clear, the changling cast Stone Shape on the stairwell behind him, molding the walls and stone to entirely seal the entrance to the basement. Turning, he looked across the church at the benches. With eight castings of Wood Shape he was able to make the church pews into a type of transport sled, with a smooth bottom, high sides, and hitches. Each one was narrow enough to pass through the front of the church so long as the doors were removed. Thankfully the spells worked fast, keeping his time up in danger short.

With his work finished, he cast Meld With Stone and slipped down through the floor, dropping out at the foot of the stairs.

"I've sealed us in, and there are now a set of heavy sleds we can use to drag the weapons we make back to town. Not pretty, but shaped right and smooth enough to get the job done. Night is already setting in early, though...and the forest just doesn't feel right. I don't know how well these monsters will be able to try to get through the stone wall I've created...hopefully that and these fires and silver will keep them at bay."

Total Essence Channeled today: 99
    Last edited by Alphaeus; 10-27-2017 at 03:28 PM.
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Rabbit shut his book, causing a slight wind throughout the area, before stretching a bit and running to the fellow fightin'-men.
    "I'm willin' to help a bit. What is teh plan, friend?"
    As he spoke, his wary eyes darted around, his body poised to make a sudden move if need be.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Thread Information