StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

Rhea found herself looking toward the door before the group arrived, hardly aware of whether it was in anticipation of them or concern for distant matters. The group soon entered and she didn't pay them much attention, except for the elf. She found her gaze lingering upon the elf's face for a moment before turning back to give her twiddling thumbs her full attention. Her fingers interlaced over top of her simple longbow, which took up majority of the room on the couch. Rhea was wearing ragged leathers that were stitched together with the utmost care for her and her alone. A huntress not letting one bit of a kill go to waste. A hint of a smile tugged at Rhea's lips as she overheard Rudolph's greeting to the changeling.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

The familiar sound of rustling paper. She woke up from here stupor and approached a man she'd just noticed. A short fellow with a ragged overcoat. He seemed to be a distinctly normal person among the unique characters here.

"Hello there old sir! My name is Lera Temsik, an adventurer like you." But when she finally focused on his face and not his clothes, she realized her mistake, "Ah, my apologies, young man! Forgive me for my mistake!" She clapped her hands together, praying for forgiveness.

Never again, she thought, to let her distress completely make her ignore a person in favor of the their outfit.
    Last edited by Xate; 10-09-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Ol' Rabbit was disrupted by his careless checking by footsteps. Light, swift, he could tell instantly who it came from. He'd studied far too long, I say.
    Approaching him was a short, fit, mostly normal elf. He could sense a traveler when he saw one, though. Almost like he had a sixth sense.

It had been a while since he saw a adventurer like himself. And he was quite gladdened.

"No harm done, miss. I git dat quoite a lat." His accent , exactly like mine, hah. The cold winds do it teh yah.

"Name's Rabbit. No need tae put anythin else. I ken see you pretty experien', probably 'teh betta than me, eh?"

He switched accents to something more formal. Freaked us all out when we saw it at the bar, patrons still arguing which was his real voice.

"An adventurer like me, huh? Nice to meet you. Bet we can share stories at the fire. An old guy has to have something to tell, right?"
    Last edited by Haru; 10-09-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Rudolph laughed at Visage's response. "Good answer." He turned to see everyone simply minding their own business, except for two of the scrawny humans were conversing. He looked to the others and bellowed. "Well ya just gun' keep twiddling your thumbs? Cat got yer tongues young 'uns? Come on, don't be mice and speak up. Who we got here?" He strode up to Edward. "Big sword," the dwarf remarked. "Can ya swing the thing or you compensating for something? Speak up laddie."
    Last edited by Aquila; 10-09-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Forgot my " lol and then added a gun cause otherwise the text made no sense.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

OOC: To begin with, bakabaka, read Mari's appearance and change your post accordingly.

Covered by the shadow of her cloak, Marianna's eyes focused more carefully on the people that were presiding this meeting alongside her. The variety certainly didn't lack, ranging from the stumpy and loud dwarf to the minute woman that chatted with a younger man not too far away from her. A woman sat quietly on the couch, the nature of her posture hinting towards reservation. On the other side a man had opened the discussion, standing confidently in the center of attention. Somebody that is used to working with people. The group even had a knight. The individual stood tall and isolated from the conversation, only gracing the air with their name. They covered their armour with a ragged cloak, a detail that appeared odd to the Fangs leader.

But as Mari was carefully compiling this detailed list of traits, her eyes did cross paths with others, exchanging glances. If she was examining the people around her, surely somebody else was doing the same.
    Last edited by DelorMaximus; 10-09-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

As soon as the dwarf made mention of twiddling thumbs, Rhea clapped her hands together and folded her arms in her lap. The bare ends of her fingers brushed her arms, the rest of her hands were wrapped in leather gloves. Again, her gaze drifted throughout the room and halted on the Illumian woman. An Illumian, a Changeling, and an Elf, among other less interesting characters. Every creak and crack of noise seemed to bother Rhea as her foot began to tap impatiently. The dwarf made another comment, and there was no hiding the smile now plastered on Rhea's face. She pried her gaze from the Illumian and looked toward Rudolph and his new victim, "If he didn't think much of you before, he most certainly doesn't now, Rudolph."

Rhea shrugged, "unless it's true what they say about men who carry around big swords and Dwarves who carry around big beards."

"Yer accent is cute, lad! I ain't gotten a chance to hear it often, and it's fittin' you to a T," Lera giggled, covering her mouth, "But yes, we have many things to share."

She stretched herself backwards and sideways, trying to loosen her stiff body from her previous nervous wreck. It was silly of her to be nervous in the first place. She's an elf, not a human. Why would she have such banal worries? Time would always ease neuroticism.

The human-like elf began to recall everything she'd seen while stretching. New faces. An old wizard elf relaxing on the couch, staff in hand and ears peeking out of his grey hair. A ranger who'd been sitting on an empty couch this whole time, unnoticed. The young gal seemed worried, she could empathize. People of nature can find companionship stressful. She recalled the woman's gaze on her for a brief moment, but that was probably her paranoia. She herself is a very normal girl, who'd done nothing wrong that was in ThornFell, so there was nothing to worry about.

Then, she quickly recapped the types of people these adventurers are. The knight, ranger, and thief seemed to be loners, as expected of their class. The wizard appeared to be more easygoing than expected, while the changeling was well-versed in social conduct and hiding secrets, as expected. The thief was wary of others and gauging others' abilities, just like her. Oh, there was this dwarf, too. Boisterous and confrontational, seeking conversation and raising the room's spirit. A bit selfless for an dwarf, but 'tis a cruel thing to even think of.

All in all, a changeling with an agenda, what it is she may never know, a thief with an eye for people, and the rest.

Ah, darn it. How could she forgot the adorable man with an accent? Interesting man he is to have lived a rough life and in hand, an immersive book. Birds of the feather flock together, the saying goes.

Then she heard the ranger's joke, and accidentally burst into a painful sniggering.
    Last edited by Xate; 10-10-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Edward watched all the people around him conversing and meeting each other. He leaned down close to his blade, putting his ear near the weapon.

"What was that? ... Yes I suppose that is correct... Alright, yes yes. We are going to be with them for a while after all." he whispered to himself.

Straightening his back, he turned towards the dwarf addressing him.

"Pardon me mister dwarf, but I'll be with you in a moment!" Edward then grasped his sword in an embrace close to his chest and began walking briskly towards the couches.

"Hello fellow adventurers! Since we're going to be together for the long haul, I thought I could introduce myself! I am Edward Mondlicht! Disciple of Soramaru! Do any of you know the blessings that Soramaru wishes to teach us?" the scrawny man queried, looking on with wide, bright eyes.
    Last edited by Veir; 10-09-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Rudolph turned to look at the woman who countered and laughed. "Lassie got herself a sharp tongue. Dat's a good sign, could get her hurt though. But I dun't hit women." He finished gruffly. "I ain't a gentleman, but I got m'principles, my ma didn't raise brutes." He then looked back at Edward who with a loud proclamation, brushed past him and began babbling about some good that the dwarf never heard of. "Well ain't dat a shame, lad's a bit soft in da head. Reminds me of lil ole Ferguson. Least laddie got sum manners." It was hardly a whisper as the dwarf crossed his arms. He glanced at Rhea to see if she had another cheeky thing to say.
    Last edited by Aquila; 10-09-2017 at 09:58 PM. Reason: got rid of a no to get rid of a double negative

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Rhea watched Edward talk with his sword and proclaim that he was a follower of Soramaru. Usually she would keep to herself, but Rudolph was practically encouraging her, so she would oblige him. In answer to Edward, Rhea cooed, "Do all of Soramaru's disciples prefer the company of their swords, or is your relationship supposed to be more symbolic than practical?" She curled her fingers around her bow and shot Rudolph a look to tell the Dwarf that she was very capable of handling herself. "I'm Rhea and I have a bow that I don't plan on pursuing an intimate relationship with."

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information