StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

"Magic folk." Rudolph huffed, "Why 'm I not surprised. That's what ye get for toyin with things not meant ta be toyed with. But it sounds like we're gun need some silver weapons of our own if ye want us to deal with this infestation problem." He grunted. "Or just silver and a forge and the tools, and I can make 'em."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

"That is what I tried to say. It'd be pointless to send your much needed men, if it's on our way already. We'll deliver the package." Aurea shrugged, and once more crossed her arms, metal clanking on metal. It was bold for her to speak for the group, but if they won't do it, she will. "So...Lycanthropes?" The way she asked haven't quite specified whether she had no idea what they were talking about, or just asked for further details.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

"Ya know lassie, from tha stories yer ma and pa told ye at night. Make sure you didn't stop outta line or do things ya shouldn't. The Lycanthrope that're waiting in the woods, with claws that catch and teeth that bite, always hungry for succulent lil young uns. Monsters that rise on the full moon with a howl. Big beasties that are an unholy spawn of wolf and man. Hates silver and Wolfsbane. Well they ain't just stories, nosties like them and worse exist. Would think a knight would know that much. But perhaps peace has addled yer mind." He tapped his head and chuckled. "Ye was trained to kill these things, so hope yer blood doesn't run cold when you see em." He tapped the woman's armor. "Though speaking of knight, what age ye from? This gear is ancient, an antique in its bulkiness and design. This a family eirloom or somethin?"

Lera looked at the blade on her side. Wood. If the mission was hunting, then her usual strategy of hit 'n' run would be unsuitable.

"Sir Dwarf, Rudolph," she called out to the boisterous stump, requiring his expertise, "Should you plan to craft silver weapons, can you forge a blade for me? I am rather ill-equipped at the moment."
    Last edited by Xate; 10-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Mari allowed the conversation to flow, until she was regarded to for hiding her face. And although it was fair in response to her questioning, she took it the wrong way. Her hand slid off the sword's hilt as she pushed herself off the wall and walked forward. She didn't halt her advance until she was a couple of steps away from the mayor. She stared into his eyes imposingly, not concerned about the fact that he could see the glow in her eyes.

"You knew what you were getting when you contacted me. So the dime better be good." she calmly stated before walking past the mayor and towards the front doors.

Spoiler for Quotes worth Remembering:

"Oh...right..." It worked.

As soon as Rudolph began his lengthy explanation, as if he tried to scare a child, Aurea remembered "I know what these are, that's....that's not what I asked about...Who do you take me for?" For once it was probably a good thing the woman wasn't capable of blushing, and instead could've given the dwarf a cold look. She grimaced a bit and moved around her shoulders, as her gaze lowered down to look at Rudolph. When he tapped on her armor, she covered herself better with the cloak, resisting the urge to take a half step back. "As long as it serves its purpose well, the age doesn't matter...Wouldn't you agree, dwarf?"

She haven't waited for the response as there was commotion in the room again. Aurea raised her head and watched the masked person's outburst. "What was that about..." She muttered. Right, after all most people were here for gold, and gold alone.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Visage chuckled at the lady with her face covered. Feisty, and overly defensive. Clearly she was from the wrong side of the tracks in life, and also possessed rather poor judgment. Never bite the hand that feeds you, he had always said, and that mentality served him well in life. Stabbing the back of that same person was a different story.

Lera, however...he was just confused by her. She carried a sword, but it was wooden. Fair enough. But yet her weapon of choice was apparently not good enough for her to trust in combat. Aurea was also hiding something. He knew everyone was hiding something, but this was a concealment almost of shame more than the bullish defiance of the lady who was stomping out. Odd. Pieces to be put together...

Visage closed the distance after the lady in a few of the lengthy "woodsman's strides" he had long since learned to use. He placed a hand on her shoulder as he inched between her and the doors. His white eyes locked with hers as he spoke, and soft smile playing across his face.

"Miss...I would implore you to stay. We are a team, a unit, whatever you wish to call it, and need to retain that unity -- in this case, at least possess it in the first place. Besides, if you want that dime, leaving will do you no good."

He held his smile, for a moment as he spoke into her mind telepathically.

Besides, being hostile about your covering clearly indicates your profession and trade. Yet you are here on government business with an official paycheck. This duplicity is something naturally occurring in times of distress when expertise might be needed, but I would never personally gamble on such a risk, though we both gamble for a living, so to speak. Cross the wrong path and your death may well preceded your dime. Estrange your fellow party members and you may fall -- and who shall pick you up? Yet when two are together, one man shall not overpower them -- yes, a threefold cord is not easily broken. So, a word to the wise, if such you would like to be called -- being 'touchy' and standoffish will only accelerate your own demise.

His smile flickered a bit broader as he dropped his hand from her shoulder, gesturing from her back to the rest of the group still standing in the room.

Besides...I've seen your type before. You've been responsible for touches of your own demise your whole life, haven't you? No need to answer, of course...just a friendly reminder.

__________________________________________________ _________
    Cast: Telepathy
    Channeling Points Left: 112
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Rudolph chuckled. "My apologies if I offended ye. Can't help but treat you young uns like babes. You got a point though, if it works it works. And don't cha worry yer little head bout me lass." Rudolph thumped his chest with his right fist. "Maybe old compared to ya humans, but at 160, I'm still young and spry for a dwarf." He followed the rogue's exit. "Still a bit nosty out there, wonder if she'll be fine with all that cloth gettin wet." The dwarf watched Visage intercept her and he couldn't hear him say anything, nor was his mouth moving. "Oy lass, if he tryin to fuck with yer mind, kick 'im in the family jewels!" He shouted. "That'll teach him a lesson for pryin into a place he don't belong!"

Visage, the man who took strides toward the leaving thief, and implored her to work together. What was the girl's name again? Ah. The scoundrel hadn't introduced herself, and made good progress on her observation. How troublesome, just as she'd guessed. The two characters with the strongest egos, butting heads. And even the dwarf joined in. My goddess Amadia. She prayed in her heart this would turn out well. Or perhaps Goddess Reeta would help her more?

"Let's all play nice, shall we?" She clapped her hands together, "For glory or riches, personal pursuits or otherwise, we should do our best at the jobs we've signed up for!" Lera punched her fist in the air, psyching herself up.

"Dispatching monsters, or handling precious deliveries. Receiving secret intel, or solving dilemmas. Whatever it is, with all the talents gathered here, we can clear it, no problem!" She said, with conviction and enthusiasm.

Silver tongue she may not have, but energy she got! Within reasons. In short burst.
    Last edited by Xate; 10-12-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Visage looked up at Rupolph, holding his gaze for a moment. Observant and comedic. Excellent. Glad to know we’ll be getting along and helping each other survive.

To the rest of the group he spoke aloud. “Quite true. We all have our talents. Before we rush to be on our way, I think our masked friend has made us forget the good mayor and knight may not have been finished with out instructions…such as where we are to pick up out goods, and what means we shall use to carry them. Let not our enthusiasm turn into foolhardiness.”
    Last edited by Alphaeus; 10-12-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information