StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Void Beyond the Arches RP

Rudolph got back up and tapped his head then his heart with his right hand. "Bless ye." He muttered. The dwarf looked over to Visage then lumbered past to check the new stone blockade. "Magic sure does defy the realms of logic." He grunted. "Though there ain't no hole here so less you want us to suffocate, hope ye have enough magic to create a hole. Otherwise, ye just sealed us in a tomb."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Aurea walked out along the ranger, almost surprised that she took her proclamation seriously. Seeing everyone outside wait in nervous suspense, she too began to listen to the night, but gave the captain a reassuring nod when he looked to them. Then finally, an awful howl tore through the silence.

The knight let out a barely audible hiss through her teeth, and without changing her posture, moved on towards the gate. "How many do you see?" Aurea hasn't quite yelled, but definitely spoke loud enough for the nearest sentry above to hear.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Rhea pulled an arrow from her quiver and set it against her bow. The arrow was carved entirely from a very dark wood. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many creatures attacking tonight, especially since her main concern right now was for her own survival. This quest of theirs might not even come to fruition, and the idea of wasting such time and getting her hopes up just irritated her further.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

No more shipments. The town was now isolated.

The warning cry from Sir Dreimon.

The beasts were approaching.

Lera readied herself. She said farewell to the mayor and the new guy and headed off outside. Among the potions she possessed, Cat's Eyes and Strength Enhancement would prove to be useful. She learnt the art of alchemy, so making new ones shouldn't be too difficult. She gazed at her wooden blade. Made from Elder Wood, it should prove useful in controlling her magic. She may not be able to access the essence of the outside world, but her own is a different story. Strength Enhancement, Agility Boost and Constitutional Defense. One at a time, lasting two minutes per use. All that training should allow her physical body to handle the magic many more times. She's no front liner, but supporting pick-off of key targets or protecting the flank would suit her.

She would assist the ranger in her task and cover the knight. And so she assured them her cooperation in ensuring the safety of the party.

"Rhea, Aurea. I got your back."
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

[Church of Petrania]
    The night has been eerily quiet. Not a sound has been heard from outside the church's walls. Rudolph has busied himself with the forge, whose warmth and heat kept the team away from the nightly chill while also melting the tubs' contents.

Esther watched the dwarf from afar before settling down on the opposite wall face to the forge. She set her lantern down in front of her and began to meditate. The lantern's light pulsed like a heartbeat before slowly fading into a dim light.

[Thornfell]
    The archer from above had heard Aurea's question but did not dare answer yet. The undead paladin could clearly see the archer straining herself to get a better look; she waved signals to her fellows on the tree bridges to spread out and check.

Sir Dreimon looked to Rabbit and questioned the man's viability in combat but did not say a word of it. He was too busy worrying about the night and its terrors. "Get a weapon and be ready." He said simply. The night's silence was immediately pierced by the onset of howls. Dozens of them.

The archers at the bridges quickly readied their arrows and scoured the ground for their prey, some letting loose the bowstrings when a lycan was in sight. Up in the trees, Rhea could sense something odd. There was no wind that accompanied tonight's darkness and she could make out no other sillouette in the treetops other than the archers. Then she saw it.

Several feet above the archers, quiet as they were, were beasts the size of humans. Their yellow eyes mimicked the stars of the night sky. There were dozens of them but they didn't move. Seemingly waiting some sort of signal.

Spoiler for :

"Ah, my friend, I need not a weapon. I kin' take these beasts."
    He quickly hid his book in a safe place, before walking back to his position and unraveling his sleeves, showing multiple scars on his arms, which had a respectable amount of muscle.
    He went into a simple crouching position, one leg poised back, one leg stretching forward, and a hard-as-iron forearm in front. His other arm lay back, a simple palm ready to strike.
    The position would set him up to have a good chance to react to any sudden attack.

Spoiler for WHO I SUPP:

I will remember you, Iwata...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    ...but you just dealt me a crisp one right there.

Rhea stepped around the town hall and ducked beneath the structure as best as she could. One breath later she peaked back out and launched an arrow into the canopy above, aiming straight for one of the beasts in hopes that she would catch it by surprise. If she didn't, the creature would still have to move to avoid the arrow. In either case, it's presence would be discovered and perhaps the town's folk would be able to defend themselves better. After she let the arrow loose, Rhea would duck back into the shadows to keep herself concealed as best she could.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Everyone seemed to be in position. Rabbit the melee brawler, Aurea the close ranged knight, Rhea the concealed ranger. That left her, Lera the jack-of-all-trades.

"Should've made some potions." She learnt alchemy, but it wasn't something instinctual to recall at a moment's notice. Lack of preparation aside, she perched herself atop a balcony on the town's hall, surveying the area for possible lycan attacks. The ranger would cover for her, she was sure. With her speed and strength, she could turn the tide on any surprise attack launched onto the village. She would call out too, as a warning cry.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

The art of forging began with the acquisition of the proper materials. Rudolph began siphoning quantities of iron into crucibles and adding powdered carbon, such as charcoal and coal, into them to create cast iron, keeping them by the forge to keep them molten. Cast iron was iron with a high carbon content which made it very tough, but too brittle to make suitable weapons. Iron, meanwhile, was naturally too soft to make suitable weapons with. Thus the cast iron was then mixed with more molten iron to create a type of steel labeled as crucible steel. This two step process allowed for a more uniform distribution of the carbon as to make a higher quality steel. The crucible would safely heat up the metal hit enough to rid it of any impurities such as slag. Once the crucible steel was ready, it would be poured into a cast.

Once it solidified, it would then be heated again in the forge, but not to melting but rather until it was soft and forgeable. This would then be beaten with a hammer then quenched in water. This process is to help cleanse it of more impurities as when the metal cools, it would solidify in two different states, a more brittle crystaline state, and then the more optimal durable lattice state. So when the metal was heated the crystals would shatter off when struck with a hammer, and the lattice would flex to the blows. Quenching was a way to rapidly cool the metal and prevent the crystals from forming again. Rudolph would then continue heating and beating the metal until it fit his needs. This was a long and arduous process and so it would take him a while to create the weapons, but this was made up for its quality. The most time consuming process would be waiting for the metal to solidfy the first time, though the process of forging was also very long.

Each sword would take a few hours to make, and then a few minutes to then be wrapped in silver. But the dwarf hardly left himself with idle hands, so he would use all molds available to him and along with making blades, he made spear and arrow heads. If he had the time, he would use cast iron to also make farming and construction tools for the village. He kept himself busy.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

"Do you really?" Aurea turned to Lera at her declaration of help, and knight's face must've looked quite skeptical at first, but mellowed down quickly. She shouldn't judge just by appearances. Perhaps there was more than met the eye, and hopefully more than just good intentions. "Very well then." She nodded after a brief pause. "I shall have yours too, and..." A wave of howls have interrupted her words, as Aurea's head instinctively snapped towards the sound, listening.

"Alright, we..." She began, slowly turning her head back, her eyes still stuck on the walls for as long as possible before they too were directed back at the group. Just in time to see Rabbit's questionable antics and notice that someone's gone. "Uh...Where is She?" The knight frowned, but soon has figured the answer by herself. Past Lera, the one she asked about has ducked in the shadows, aiming up with her weapon. Aurea's frown deepened. Were town's archers her target? But why?! Before she had time to properly react, the string was released and arrow darted through the night, Undead's eye trailing it as best as they could to hopefully prove her thesis wrong.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Thread Information