StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fell Sørensen

Quote Originally Posted by devi View Post
    Maybe its just my Scandinavian blood talking to me, but my blood boils when I read this. Want to know why? Because your using a creature rarely used, the Draugr, and wasting the concept by not using it. You have a powerful creature, a Draugr, with the specific concept that they are evil unstoppable creatures of great power, and you literally just made a shitty undead vampire. So I have to ask, why use it? Why use a Draugr when you clearly didn't try to achieve what it mean to be one? You were clearly just trying to go for a more revenant character, a person who was raised from the dead for some purpose, rather than a person raised from their own evil intent. You even have the gall to reference the other powers but then say he's a "better version". What? Why even? Considering some of the powers that Draugr have, this guy is most definitely not a better version

But you want to use this character? Fine, thats fine, but why use the name Draugr, when this has no little to do with the creature that it pisses me off. It'd be like if I made a character, said he was a Japanese Oni with bare bones connection to the name and then I made him act and seem more like a Nordic Troll. Like why even call him that in the first place.

This isn't anything against you Pitch, in fact, I'm kinda happy Draugr are being used by someone. But this? Not like this. This is not how you use the concept of a Draugr.

You seem to have completely missed the point.

1. I didn't want to use a regular Draugr because a regular Draugr character would be way too fucking OP.

2. He was supposed to be a better version of a Draugr, but the spell that was used just got rid of some weaknesses while greatly reducing his amount of abilities. It literally states this in his profile but I get the feeling you didn't read past this one paragraph. In fact, IT'S IN THE PARAGRAPH YOU QUOTED.

3. Don't hit me with that "no offense to you" bullshit. You insult me multiple times within that "rant". Multiple other people actually like my character. So, I think it's safe for me to say that if you don't like it then you can promptly fuck off.
    Last edited by PitchEnder; 10-27-2017 at 10:19 AM.

WRHG: Fell

Availability:
    Full

Character will be changed after I'm finished with my next two battles.

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

Spoiler for Personal Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by PitchEnder View Post
    You seem to have completely missed the point.

1. I didn't want to use a regular Draugr because a regular Draugr character would be way too fucking OP.

2. He was supposed to be a better version of a Draugr, but the spell that was used just got rid of some weaknesses while greatly reducing his amount of abilities. It literally states this in his profile but I get the feeling you didn't read past this one paragraph. In fact, IT'S IN THE PARAGRAPH YOU QUOTED.

3. Don't hit me with that "no offense to you" bullshit. You insult me multiple times within that "rant". Multiple other people actually like my character. So, I think it's safe for me to say that if you don't like it then you can promptly fuck off.
    Okay sure, especially considering you don't refute anything I say lol.

1:THEN WHY USE IT. YOU MADE HIM A ZOMBIE VAMPIRE. You didn't read a word of what i said, you saw swear words so you assumed I was attacking you as a person. Congrats. You had a unique creature that no one ever uses and used the same methodology teenage writers used to water down the concept of a vampire. Good job. If you can't accept the fact that you did it, that doesn't just make you a shitty writer, it makes you shitty in terms of creativity.

2: So lets see here, taking away valuable powers that make a draugr dangerous in the first place and then replacing it with what you would expect a vampire to have makes it better. HMMMM, really makes you think. Especially considering Draugr have minimal weaknesses to begin with. Have you read AT ALL about them? If your going to use something, at least search the wikipedia page of them. Here you go. Not to mention the fact that THERE IS NOTHING THAT SAYS YOU CAN SUMMON DRAUGR. What did you do, read skyrim lore and think that was the real thing? Lets just say then that doesn't matter, that still doesn't change the fact that you had a concept of a monster and made that creature into a boring shallow warrior character. Who said he had to be equal powered? Draugr are meant to be monsters and if you suddenly make them into undead humans, they lose any semblance of what it means to be one. So why bother in the first place? Because the name was cool?

3: Well okay then, go cry me a river. How many of these people know anything about draugr? How many of these people know anything about scandinavian culture? How much do YOU even know about scandinavian culture? Seems more like you wanted a shiny toy and didn't want to read the label it had on the back. You sure got me with that fuck off and not actually replying to anything I said, proud of you ;p

I'm gonna say this one final time. You used a concept, that is barely used and is epic in its own right, and made it into a shallow character who stereotypically wants to fight. The end. Accept the character you made.

Don't hit me with that "no offense to you" bullshit. You insult me multiple times within that "rant". Multiple other people actually like my character. So, I think it's safe for me to say that if you don't like it then you can promptly fuck off.
    Whoa now hold on a second. I went and looked back over Devi's post several times now, and I'm failing to see any instance in which he levied a single insult at you personally. And while he did say that your adaptation of a Draugr :

1) Makes his "Scandanavian blood" boil.
    2) Carries wasted potential. (in his eyes)
    3) Departs from traditional interpretations of a Draugr. (as he understands them)
    4) Fails to improve upon the Draugr or whatever concept at all. (in his opinion)

From where I'm standing, all I'm seeing here are criticisms directed specifically at the character, as opposed to you. He also stated he was happy that the Draugr was being referenced at all, and reiterated that he didn't intend to cause offense to you personally, on top of actually never having insulted you in the first place, unless I'm completely blind?

I mean if I'm whole-heartedly wrong about this whole thing, like I'll rescind this -- with an apology -- but I really don't think devi was trying to insult you here, dude. I feel like someone should point that out.

damn, devi's post went off before mine did.
    Last edited by Chromium7; 10-27-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    From where I'm standing, all I'm seeing here are criticisms directed specifically at the character, as opposed to you.
    Thats not fully true

You even have the gall to reference the other powers but then say he's a "better version".
    Although this is the weakest insult sauce I've ever made in my entire life. I'm not even sure if it is an insult at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    Whoa now hold on a second. I went and looked back over Devi's post several times now, and I'm failing to see any instance in which he levied a single insult at you personally. And while he did say that your adaptation of a Draugr :

1) Makes his "Scandanavian blood" boil.
    2) Carries wasted potential. (in his eyes)
    3) Departs from traditional interpretations of a Draugr. (as he understands them)
    4) Fails to improve upon the Draugr or whatever concept at all. (in his opinion)

From where I'm standing, all I'm seeing here are criticisms directed specifically at the character, as opposed to you. He also stated he was happy that the Draugr was being referenced at all, and reiterated that he didn't intend to cause offense to you personally, on top of actually never having insulted you in the first place, unless I'm completely blind?

I mean if I'm whole-heartedly wrong about this whole thing, like I'll rescind this -- with an apology -- but I really don't think devi was trying to insult you here, dude. I feel like someone should point that out.

damn, devi's post went off before mine did.
    I honestly don't know why I even said anything about insults. Probably because I needed a 3 and I saw the one sentence and thought "Rip me". So, that is indeed a mess up on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Devi
    I'm gonna say this one final time. You used a concept, that is barely used and is epic in its own right, and made it into a shallow character who stereotypically wants to fight. The end. Accept the character you made.
    I'm just angry in general and a portion of that anger was directed at you. Note: He is a draugr and I do not feel bad for stating that he is. What I should have said is "If you don't like it then you can leave" which is what I shall go with right now.
    Last edited by PitchEnder; 10-27-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Availability:
    Full

I'm a skeleton IRL.

I'm just angry in general and a portion of that anger was directed at you. Note: He is a draugr and I do not feel bad for stating that he is. What I should have said is "If you don't like it then you can leave" which is what I shall go with right now.
    Fine then, stick with your shallow character and just continue to ignore everything I've said. I couldn't care less at this point.

I couldn't care less at this point.
    I'm glad everything was resolved. If you have any further concerns, please DM me. I don't want this page to get filled with bullshit.

Availability:
    Full

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    Questions yet again for you PitchEnder. How exactly do you determine if someone is worthy of attaining the Will, and how accurate is Fell in seeing this Will? Does he see it best when the Will in said person is strong?
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Information:

wRHG: Farukon.
    wRHG Test Room: The Birdcage.
    Forums/SE Username: FalconX578.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroh
    "Follow your passion, and life will reward you." ~Iroh

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX578 View Post
    Questions yet again for you PitchEnder. How exactly do you determine if someone is worthy of attaining the Will, and how accurate is Fell in seeing this Will? Does he see it best when the Will in said person is strong?
    The will is strongest in those who are incredibly determined to do something + how impactful whatever they do in the future is. Also, the Will can be clouded depending on how reserved a character is. If they don't really want him to see that side of them then he won't see it.

Availability:
    Full

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Food-loving Senior Member FalconX578's Avatar
    Somewhere over the rainbow and beyond the sea, A.K.A. Narnia (ah, no, did you think you'd get it?).
    The will is strongest in those who are incredibly determined to do something + how impactful whatever they do in the future is. Also, the Will can be clouded depending on how reserved a character is. If they don't really want him to see that side of them then he won't see it.
    Sweet, thanks for answering!
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Information:

wRHG: Farukon.
    wRHG Test Room: The Birdcage.
    Forums/SE Username: FalconX578.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroh
    "Follow your passion, and life will reward you." ~Iroh

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information