StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Proving Grounds

Writer

The Proving Grounds

The Proving Grounds

Innumerable gladiators steal the spotlight of the RHG scene each day, basking in the fame and glory of the worldwide spectacle. There are many more who would seek to gain admittance. Before any prospective gladiator can join the roster, however, the RHG puts them through a few rigorous tests to ensure that they have what it takes to compete within today's environment: Whether they've the skills for the job, and whether they've the wits to put on a show. Many succeed, and many fail, but the stream of gladiators pouring in and out has never lessened. In light of these developments, the corporation has opened a new branch to more efficiently handle the income of applicants: The proving grounds.
    Disclaimer: This is just a narrative blurb. It isn’t mandatory at all, and don’t be afraid of failure. Just thought I’d spin a little story to this.

Spoiler for Info:

Spoiler for Rules and Uses:

I implore everyone who already has a character test room to move over here and start commenting on each others' works so we can really get this thing of the ground. Considering how neatly people have been keeping track of their battles and character changes ever since I reworked the Hall (seriously, good job guys), I've high hopes that as long as I maintain this daily we can really get this started.

Since this thread itself is quite a new concept in the Lounge, it's going to be a bit rough on the edges for now. As with the Hall, I'll be making work of optimising the thread as we move along. If you've any suggestions on how to improve the system, feel free to share them with me. Also, be sure to enjoy your time here!

Recently Updated

Azarel
    The Room of Warriors

devi
    devi's characters

GreekGladiator
    Greek's characters

Kamiroo Wolf
    Wolf's Roster

PitchEnder
    Pitch's list of Bitches

The Proving Grounds

buckethead
    The Mess of Creativity

Chromium
    Halle & Rᴂoїn

Oster
    Oster's Concept Vault

Piston
    Piston's Testing Room

Vern
    Vern's Character Concepts

Spoiler for Inactives:
    Last edited by Vern; 11-08-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Writer
    Vern's Character Concepts

These are all concepts for characters I found interesting enough to work out, though after working them out a bit lost interest in again. I never really intended to share these so publicly but I guess they serve a nice purpose now since they can serve as an example. I'll give y'all a short indication of my thought progress and intentions for each char too. Note that some of them have largely unfinished sections, and generally haven't been spellchecked either.

Nahldwiin

So Nahldwiin is a mecha-dragon. I don't know what it was that inspired me to make him, but I worked him out quite a bit. Wanted to turn him into a fully fledged wRHG, because I wanted a break from the normal boring underpowered humans I usually make, and see how it'd be to write this huge mechanical powerhouse of a fighter. I gradually lost interest in him as I started developing June. I still think about him every now and then, though, and this is still the concept I'm proudest of. If you guys like this one, do let me know, and I'll consider working him out a tad more.
    Spoiler for Nahldwiin:

Viper

Viper was a one-night stand. While I doubt anyone here would notice, I figure it's best to be open about it: I was playing Furi a lot when I wrote this character and I drew great inspiration from one of the bossfights in that game for this character. Intention was for this character to be a short lived fighter, two or three fights or so before I'd retire him. When I picked him up again to continue working on him, I noticed how shit and edgy it was and I lost interest. Besides, I haven't the best experience working with characters that are pretty blatantly copies of other people's work.
    Spoiler for Viper:

Iron Tiger

Now, Iron Tiger has quite the story about him. He was born from the idea of making a "badass old dude" character. Originally what I had in mind was an old man with an eyepatch and a trenchcoat, who was a demon hunter and had a holy chakram. I never really worked that idea out, because I realised the inherent edginess of it and I'd lost interest anyways. However, the idea of the Nazar charm stuck, and I still wanted to make a badass old guy. While this one was supposed to be the fighter to follow up June, he ended up too riddled with his own issues for me to properly work him out.
    Spoiler for Iron Tiger:

Lastly, there was also a guy named Nightmare. I've lost the doc with his info but he was shit anyways. The idea behind him was to make a mounted knight wRHG, however I somehow ended up making a shittier version of Handyman and once I realised that I just ditched the character.

So that's all of them. Feel free to give your input if you want to, of course. I may be tempted to work some ideas out a bit more if there's enough positive feedback, but that's up to you lads.

The Bay City Beast

This character (Halle Mackinson) is an edited and updated version of the character profile I received from Sanctuary's clan leader, Kamiroo Wolf, on June 11, 2016 -- ACR Target 001. The character was to be recruited into Sanctuary by Dante Rockwell, my primary wRHG at the time, per an ACR Contract. Following the events of Sanctuary's first collaboration, I revealed that Dante's attempts to recruit Halle into Sanctuary had been unsuccessful. Opting to continue the recruitment arc, this became a plotline I continued to entertain for some time. Eventually gaining confidence with the character, I tested the waters with Halle as the primary lead, as opposed to Dante, in the short-lived Sadie Rockin's Dance RP. She may wind up being mentioned in passing in the upcoming Sanctuary collab, which is set to precede the date of the dance, but as of now I don't have any particularly grandiose plans for the character, just this profile, which I'm now subjecting to review. As of this message's original posting, I would consider this profile a hastily assembled mess with pieces missing throughout. Posting it here in the hopes of one day patching it up. Will answer any questions regarding the character, but may be slow to make changes.

Spoiler for Halle:

Rᴂoїn
    Another unfinished passion project awaiting general feedback.

Spoiler for Rᴂoїn:

Pitch's List of Bitches

This is the place where I shall put my shitty (actually kind of decent I hope) ideas.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the first NPC I ever created. He is mentioned in my first battle with Dermot, though he is never interacted with directly within that story. His name is:

Johnathan "Sharkfin" Johnson

Spoiler for Fish Are Friends, Not Food.:

This is another character that I have been working on in my spare time, but he isn't really finished at all. He came from my recent obsession with Hellsing Ultimate and his name is:

Duncan Glas

Spoiler for The Heavenly Father:

I have nothing much to say about this character except that she will be my next wRHG. Expect some things to change about her before the final release. So, here she is"

Bethany Brookes

Spoiler for Ginger Snaps:

I created a joke character for no reason other than the idea made me laugh... on the inside. Meet:

Johnny "KillerK9" King

Spoiler for What Have I Done:

New day, new character. I just randomly decided to make this one today. So, here's:

Thomas Martin

Spoiler for It's a Demon... Just wanted to get that out of the way.:
    Last edited by PitchEnder; 11-10-2017 at 10:27 PM.

WRHG: Fell

Availability:
    Full

Character will be changed after I'm finished with my next two battles.

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

Spoiler for Personal Stuff:

Just better than you GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Aligators for Gladiators

Leonid "Lumberjack" Govorov

Leonid is a bulky middle-aged man with an extreme fondness for axes. Though hardly anyone would blame him for this is you consider his past. This is the only character from my testing room(which got no feedback) and I am open for CnC to him and anyone that may follow.

Spoiler for Leonid "Lumberjack" Govorov:

Electroshock

This is(for those who remember) my very first character I made when I joined here. He still doesn't have a real name and goes only by the nickname 'Electroshock'. He is a lost man trying to find his way through society. His history is messed up but doesn't like that to influence him much. He can generate obscene amounts of electricity from his body and control it. Note that he controls only his own electricity. He wears at all times a complicated machine on his back that regulates his own production.

Spoiler for Electroshock:

Stephan Korensky

Stephan is a renowned Doctor with PhD in archaeology. At least he was, until he got some fancy gloves and two stone sticks and became an athlete's wet dream. He can pull off some amazing stunts but he lso has some very critical thought. He has beaten you in chess before you even make your first move. So he is like any normal archaeologist.

Spoiler for Hyped enough already?:
    Last edited by GreekGladiator; 11-11-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

CnC
    10/21/17
    Spoiler for Vern:
    Spoiler for PitchEnder:
    Spoiler for GreekGladiator:

Just better than you GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromium7 View Post
    CnC
    10/21/17
    Spoiler for GreekGladiator:
    To be honest I described the way his axes work really badly. My vocabulary failed me here and I will search for a better way to showcase how his axes work. I don't trust google translate on this one and I really like the way he can fight with the axes. Thanks for pointing that one out.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Of Regret and Longing. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    Wolf's Roster

Spoiler for B.A.E.R:

-----

Spoiler for Alcatraz:

-------------

Spoiler for Reznik, The Disciple of Mastery:

More to come.
    Last edited by Kamiroo Wolf; 11-11-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Availability:
    Ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    So he's just an ordinary guy who knows how to make a good speech? Works with me. Where'd he learn to swordfight though, and why use a sword and not like a gun or something? And does he really need a trench coat? That's kinda conspicuous. Or is the only reason he wears a trench coat to conceal his otherwise unconcealable weapon? If that's the case, can somebody just get him a pistol?
    He wears a trench coat just because it looks cool to him. He has a cane sword but I forgot to add a weapons section to the character. He also doesn't use a gun because he deems them to be uncool.... He is very focused on cool things.

I'll add all these explanations to my thing.

WRHG: Fell

Availability:
    Full

Character will be changed after I'm finished with my next two battles.

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

Spoiler for Personal Stuff:

Vern Make sure you have time this is quite a list.

Spoiler for NPCs:

Spoiler for Fighters:

Being the originator of the character test rooms I feel sorry for causing you whatever mental pain I have.
    Last edited by Piston1937; 10-21-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    My Character test room
    Spoiler for Duelist:

Spoiler for RHG:

Spoiler for WRHG:

My Twitch Stream(For those of us who play video games)

Availability : Feel free to battle me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information