StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Proving Grounds

Writer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    @Vern: Maintaining this thread alone is going to be a huge job. Are there any other high-end CNCers that can aid you in this quest? (e.g. Richard, Kamiroo, Crank, other people I can't think of right now etc.)

I wish I could help somehow, but I feel that I don't really have as high a level of experience in this field. :P
    The intention was never for me to maintain this thread all by myself. Maybe I haven't made that apparent enough, but I was kinda hoping that everyone who posted their character stuff here would also get involved in commenting on other people's stuff. Besides, don't worry about a 'lack of experience in this field'. As I said, it doesn't have to be thorough critiques the likes of which I dump on battles every now and then. A comment stating whether you liked it or not, and a few thoughts with it, go a long way here. I mean if ya look at what I said it's not exactly the most thorough of feedback to begin with.

Everyone is implored to comment, share their thoughts, and critique where they see fit. I was never intended to be the sole curator here.

I could help. I'm pretty sure I'm the most active when it comes to CnCing in here.
    Don't jerk yourself off too hard my bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Raeioioneiein
    Thoughts on the name?

Not much meat to the character yet other than the abilities. It's a cool concept so far but I'm not sure what you're looking to do with it.
    You've about answered your own question in this post; I'm looking to take her from a half-formed concept to a more fully formed character, and a way of going about that, whilst gauging reactions to the concept itself by means of this thread. To turn this question back around on (all of) you a bit and clarify my intentions with the second character down on this list, what would you reckon I should do with a character like Rᴂoїn?

Also when you say people in their ethereal form can interact with intangible things, what am I supposed to imagine?
    On base level, think of it this way; an intangible, or ethereal being is essentially a ghost. Rᴂoїn is one such ghost, or perhaps a queen of ghosts, that can transform willful tangible beings of the earthly plane into intangible ghosts that roam the ethereal plane, meaning that for starters, anyone whom Rᴂoїn interacts with will find themselves unable to touch Rᴂ, comfort her, console her, or cause her any sort of meaningful harm, unless they accept her invitation to seemingly disappear off of the face of the earth, and join her somewhere else.

But from there, at the current moment it's anybody's guess what would/should/ought to happen to the beings that Rᴂoїn collects, steals, enraptures, what have you-- as well as what they're left to see, feel, and so on. This leads into the main question I'm looking to come to a more decisive conclusion on -- what exactly happens to those that Rᴂoїn invites unto the ethereal plane? Or to turn this back on all of you, what should/ought to? Answering that question will make it easier for me to say with any real certainty what the "ethereal plane" actually is and consists of, as well as Rᴂ's motivations for increasing its occupancy. Hopefully this helps!

And to those whose works I haven't commented on, I do hope to hand out feedback to each of you, and to those who lend detailed feedback to my post here in full, expect the same in due time.
    Last edited by Chromium7; 11-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.

@Vern: Thanks for clearing that up. I'm looking forward to seeing what people say about Samael, and I'll add my thoughts to other people's characters when I get the chance.

Need Help With Your wRHG? Send me a Private Message and I'll see what I can do!

Spoiler for OPPOSITION:

Quote Originally Posted by The Government
    But we're going to lay down the lines. The pattern. The FRAMEWORK upon which these stories and canons can build. That way we don't have people scribbling all over the page like a spasmatic retard and saying the lines aren't there, because they are and will be.

Don't jerk yourself off too hard my bud.
    I swear you take everything I say and elevate it to some extreme. I'm just saying that I post in here more than most people.
    Last edited by PitchEnder; 11-09-2017 at 01:01 PM.

WRHG: Fell

Availability:
    Full

Character will be changed after I'm finished with my next two battles.

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

Spoiler for Personal Stuff:

Writer
    Quote Originally Posted by PitchEnder View Post
    I swear you take everything I say and elevate it to some extreme. I'm just saying that I post in here more than most people.
    I swear, you never know when I'm speaking in hyperbole. I'm just making an ironic joke at your expense to tell you to mind your wording.

Anyways, your activity is appreciated Pitch.

I'm just making an ironic joke at your expense to tell you to mind your wording
    Just tell me to mind my wording, my dude. It's hard enough for me to understand shit over the internet without adding hyperbole and sarcasm to the mix.

Availability:
    Full

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by PitchEnder View Post
    It's hard enough for me to understand shit.
    #Truefacts
    My wRHG Char: The Fixer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index

~Arch

~^^ENTER THE TUNNEL^^~

Update

Added Thomas Martin, The Demon Hunter

Availability:
    Full

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Just better than you GreekGladiator's Avatar
    MAXIMUM ATTENTION GRAB ACHIEVED
    Added new character and changed the name of my post
    Also added Demo on Electroshock.
    Last edited by GreekGladiator; 11-11-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Super Ultra Mega Greek Critique

The main problem I have with your writing for this character is that it's filled with misspellings and grammatical errors. Here's some examples (everything that is bolded is wrong):
    Spoiler for Errors:

There are plenty more errors to find within your writing and all of them could be fixed with a quick spelling/grammar check before you post it.

As for the character, he is very all over the place for me. Your little pre-reveal blurb builds him up to be this athletic badass who can think circles around Albert Einstein. But, he ends up being an archaeologist with rock(?) hands who is said to not even be athletic.

His gloves are rather odd as well. The sticks that he holds can be morphed into different weapons, but most of the weapons seem to be outclassed by the dagger versions of the sticks. The daggers can be thrown and returned to their thrower, so that gets rid of the need for the boomerang. They also have the ability to shoot waves of energy from the daggers, which gets rid of the need for the bow. The sword and pole arm may have longer reach than the daggers themselves, but we know that he can throw the daggers and shoot energy waves with them. So, the extra range of the sword and the pole arm aren't needed.

Finally, I have two more things to talk about. The first one being how you wrote the profile. At the beginning the text is written in a very cocky way, which hints that the character we are going to be reading is cocky as well. But, once I got to the personality section, I saw that this character is more of an optimistic and curious fellow. So, why was the beginning written in the way it was written? The last thing within my last points that I want to talk about is the story. To keep it simple, it isn't that good. At first it's pretty standard, smart guy gets sent abroad to study something he is interested in. From the point where he graduates and on, it gets worse. He goes back to visit his family, which is reasonable, but, instead of spending time with said family, he accepts a job from an unknown employer for seemingly no reason. You say "He of course accepted" as if we are supposed to know how amazing this offer was without you having to tell us. The only information about it that we have is that it involves some kind of old settlement. Is that all this character needed to hear before he was completely on board with the plan? Also, that ending really pushed my buttons. He's randomly attacked by a female bear after he found the ancient stick-twirler pom-poms just because he is near a wooded area. As a person who knows quite a bit about bears, this makes no sense to me. A bear wouldn't just attack someone for the hell of it, especially a female bear. A female bear would only attack a person if she thought said person was gonna fuck with her babies. Stephan was minding his own business, not fucking with any babies. So, why would the bear put its life, and consequently its children's lives, in danger just to have a swing at Indiana Jones?

So, I'm just going to leave you with that. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Availability:
    Full

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information