StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changes to the Writer's Lounge Forum.

I'm not brushing it off, Crank -- Hell, I'm the one here fighting for Rovers to exist (of which I intend to be one). I'm just stating the way things are. If you want to be picky about things, 90+% of all substantial CnC on this site is done by Crank, Vern, and Alphaeus. Which is true.

That's the point I was trying to make, and I'm sorry I didn't include you in that original statement. Also, a lousy char = lousy story. I'd rather fix these things before they pop out Twilight fandom level stuff, thank you. You can have the best plot and writing skill ever and still fail if the character makes you want to scream and murder a cow.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaeus
    90+% of all substantial CnC on this site is done by Crank, Vern, and Alphaeus
    You DARE speak about yourself in the third person?!

WRHG:Beth

Availability:
    Let's Rumble

I'm a skeleton IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    greasy oil space niggahs.
    Spoiler for Who Do I Fight For?:

Spoiler for Gif Of My Mascot:

Quote Originally Posted by PitchEnder View Post
    You DARE speak about yourself in the third person?!
    May a goat fart on your face.
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Well, it seems like there's a boatload of things we could do to improve this section. And a majority of the suggestions I'm reading are pretty dang good. But I think we all know that reconstruction like this usually happens one big step at a time.

Right now it looks like a lot of people agree that the Writer's Lounge format could use a touch-up. Currently, it segments to wRHG and OLit, with wRHG having sub-categories mirroring that of RHG (for the most part.) This seems a little tilted. I think we can all agree that anything not wRHG-related being lumped into one sub-forum is gonna cause a mess. If we make the Lounge easier to navigate and make everyone's works easier to distribute, I think that would be a great start. Alphaeus' suggestion of formatting is a really good template I think we can go off of, and add some ideas from there.

Also, I love this idea of an "Academy." To be honest, I may not be active on here but it's something I'm genuinely interested in and would love to learn more about. Maybe even contribute if I'm feeling up to it. But like I said, one thing at a time.

Oooo, I did so enjoy that little tumble between Alphie and Crankuba.

As someone who literally comes and goes (more going than coming) I did feel the wRHG was a bit overwhelming. Even that Monster Mix event, the character I got was essentially a "monster wRHG" and I suspect its creator expected me to fight it, whereby my original intent was to write some horror or something. As fun as wRHG was for me (only done 4 battles in the last 5 years) I am more in the market for proper writing challenges or events or roleplays or anything that doesn't stretch my thesaurus for synonyms of "punch".

I will come and go and I may not exactly be a newbie but I am not really a senior member either, I would like to come in, see some nice writing challenge based on something interesting (for example: a horror story about an albatross and a red eyed chicken; or a comedy tale about Freddie Kruger trying to order McDonalds through a drive-thru). Now some of you could argue that I have just described Friday Funk, and to some extent I did, but I love proving myself against others, thus I enjoyed the wRHG but if we had normal non-wRHG competitions whereby it isn't simply 1v1 but 8 writers together trying to win the "Christmas Gone Wrong - OLit Story Competition", I would definitely want to test my normal tale-writing prowess.

That's my 5 cents. Take it or leave it.

I agree that I'd love to have non-wRHG contests. wRHG is nice and all, but fights are less than 10% of what you can do with writing.

As far as I know, OLit contests of unofficial and official varieties are basically agreed upon by all sides, so I may add a subforum for those hella soon. Though Im unsure about the details for who'll run contests and such for now

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    Though Im unsure about the details for who'll run contests and such for now
    See, this is why I support the idea of Rovers. I think they have the potential to fill TONS of roles.
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information