StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contest Discussion

Saul, I like your thought!

A few points....

1) Don't keep running tabs of points, because this discourages someone who joins later from trying to compete with the person who has been competing since Day 1 and has piles and piles of points. Badges are one thing, but a point system changes that to a leaderboard scenario....

2) Word limits. Definitely define the MINIMUM and the MAXIMUM. IMO, page limits are easier. Pick a standard font/size (like Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point) and then say "Okay, this is 2 page minimum and 8 page max." You'll still get a range, but that prevents the total shittery that can happen with no limit ("I wrote 58 pages for this sci-fi story!" "Wait, what? I wrote one paragraph...")
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

I agree with trying not to discourage late joiners. I also like the idea. I'd totally participate and/or judge.

Trimester Cup

Okay, every 2 weeks I will give a challenge and those who would like to participate in a given week they can. Every week would be a different type of challenge so if one week isn’t something you fancy, there would be something different on the next.

I will ditch the point system. My next suggestion though is this:

Every week people will vote for the best of the week. Once all the challenges are completed, the last month will be dedicated to people voting for the ‘best of the best’. The six pieces (because 12 weeks) will all go head-to-head to determine the winner of the Trimester Cup.

Woo, this sounds good to me.

Of Regret and Longing. Kamiroo Wolf's Avatar
    I'm down for this as well, depending on availability.

Availability:
    Ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information