StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Heroes 2

The technopath looked at Angel and guessed she must be one of the more popular students in the Institute. But when the winged student approached to offer a twizzler, she sealed her lips and blinked. It took a moment of awkward silence before her arm jerked forward and her hand dove in the bag for a piece of sugary delight. Francene checked the sweet in her hand, if shr got too many or not at all and was relieved to see one in betwee her fingers.

"Um.. thank you," Francene muttered. "You have wonderful wings.."

Spoiler for :

"Well I can create paralysis venom, the same type found in jellyfish stingers. I can also create the same venom you'd find in rattlesnakes." He decided not to mention the truth serum-like poison he could synthesize from particular mushrooms, it would best not that they question everything he offered them under the suspicion he had poisoned them with something as dangerous as a truth serum. Though much less lethal, for people who like their privacy, it's even more dangerous than most poisons. "I can synthesize more, but it's a process." He finished.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

"Huh...so any venom-like substance? Can ya make one up yourself?" Angel continued her inquiry, facing the boy, bag of candies still hanging in front of Francene. She was simply curious, such ability could have many applications.

Her wings twitched when once more mentioned. The girl smiled a little wryly. "Hah, oh trust me they're not as wonderful when ya have to share a bed with em." She smiled a little wider, and gently scratched her cheek. If only it could be but a joke... Angel spent next few seconds to examine the girl closer, staring in silence and chewing on a twizzler. The girl was probably almost her height, but she must've been at least few years younger than anyone else in the room. She also seemed slightly disturbed...Well, probably more than slightly. "I like your hat." Angel suddenly exclaimed after bitting off yet another piece of a candy, and pointed at girl's cap. She also moved her hand to the side, putting the bag in front of an individual Isaiah called Theo. The girl shook it encouragingly.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Theo smiled and took a piece of candy. "Thanks!" They bit off a bit of candy, looking the girl up and down. She had weird colored eyes, which they actually thought was kinda cool. Theo was kinda awkard when meeting new people, but they tried to strike up a conversation. "So, you always carry candy with you?" That wasn't the smoothest thing they've ever said, but people make Theo nervous in general, but if you add the factor or attractiveness, well, Theo might as well be an awakard teenager instead of a super cool plasma wielding badass.
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

Spoiler for Everyone's New Best friend:

Anna came into the room as quietly as possible, looking around curiously at everything in the room as well as the people before finding a seat the furthest away from everyone. She gave everyone who looked her way a cheerful smile, but refrained from interrupting any of the chatter going on because she wasn't very certain where she even was if it was the right place at all.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Sidnee watched the conversation go on between Francene, Angel, Theo, and Isaiah but didn't bother barging in on the chatter. She was fine with just watching it go back and forth. She, too, liked Angel's eyes. They were different, like her own. As the girl walked into the classroom and sat furthest away from everyone, she found herself accidentally locking eyes with her for much too long. For some reason, she was intrigued. Embarrassed, she turned away and looked back at the conversation at hand. She didn't want anyone in the group get upset at her for staring--even if she never meant to.

Anna smiled genuinely at the other girl. She was still feeling rather shy, so she chose to keep silent and observe. The candy some people had caught her eye some, but her attention was soon completely fixated on the girl with the metal looking wings on her back.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Observing from the front of the classroom, Naomi decided that enough time had passed. This was everybody--for now, at least. She was sure more would join them later, but time was of the essence. She called for the attention of these gifted people who were now her students. "Okay, everyone! I don't expect you all to remember each other's names yet, but I sincerely hope that you will come to consider each other as friends. This is the beginning of a long time you'll be spending together."

She gestured to the girl who had just entered the class who she remembered as Anna, who chose to sit apart from the others like everyone else had. "Please, come sit with the rest of us. You will need to hear this, as it's extremely important."

Anna came, but her gaze followed Angel as she drew near. Somehow Naomi had a feeling that she agreed more to get a closer look at her silver wings than to hear what she had to say more clearly. She supposed the difference didn't matter much.

"I'm sure you all remember the reason why you agreed to join the Academy." The girl began. "Even though our lives here have been quite normal, Sirius' Tumor on the other side of the country has always been there. Everyone here swore an oath that when the time came, they would put their lives on the line to save humanity from whatever came next when it woke up."

Some of the students already understood. Expressions of fear and realization gazed back at her as she continued. "Unfortunately, it seems that the time for us to stay true to our word has come. Five years sooner than we were expecting. The Tumor has awoken."

The facts hit home with crushing weight. Five years of further preparations: all gone. Five years of planned vacations and goodbyes, in case these students never came back... now they would never happen. They were supposed to have this time to grow stronger. Now their odds of coming back alive were even worse than before.

By extension, the odds that every life on this planet would be snuffed out grew as well.

"Please understand that the world needs our help, and it needs it now." Her tone was apologetic, but there was iron behind her words. "We don't have time to prepare any longer or grow any stronger. We can't try and say no and pretend we'll be okay for another few years, because we're already losing ground to the enemy's forces. We are the world's only hope."

Carefully, Naomi turned her gaze to Anna's. "Anna... you are the only exception to this rule. I know that you want to help, but your powers are weak. I may be able to make use of your ability to phase through walls, but... When we encounter enemies on our path to the Tumor, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to protect you." She took a step closer, trying to see into the girl's eyes to tell what she was truly feeling. "I will not tell the Headmaster if you choose not to come."

To the rest of the class, she gave them meaningful looks, waiting to hear their reactions. She didn't expect anyone to take this news well...

But she knew that their hearts were good.
    Last edited by Devour; 12-28-2017 at 07:48 AM.

"Hm? Oh I've just happened to have some...It's nice to have a bag stashed somewhere at all times though. For when ya need it." Angel smiled with a shrug. It was a bit of a dual answer, but usually the girl had something small and sweet with her, or waiting in her dorm. She had a bit of a sweet tooth.

When someone new entered the room, catching Angel's attention, the girl felt as if she looked into a mirror for a split second. The brain first noticing similarities and familiar features, and then putting together differences into an image of different person. A interesting experience, even if like two seconds long. The girl too, sat far away from everybody...another shy one, although her apparel seem to tell otherwise. Even without further looking around Angel realized that by now she captivated attention of the whole room. Was it a bad thing? No, but was it a good thing? Not necessarily, so when Naomi spoke up, she felt somewhat relieved that the spotlight moved. That however, haven't stopped her from distributing candy around. Angel made sure to listen to what Naomi had to say, and herself remained quiet to not interrupt her, but she slipped to the closest candy-less person, her steps making no sound what so ever. Once more she extended her hand, this time to Anna. She just gave a girl an encouraging smile, and fixed her attention back on the senior student. Asking for a name or joking around when someone spoke would be off place. And just now, the bad news began to spill out.

Angel listened to the end, her smile fainted, giving space for even more surprised look than before. "So...just the few of us?" She asked, but she began to understand.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

"Yeah," Francene said confused. "Aren't there other students? I only have technopathy, there are others with more potent powers aren't there?"

The girl looked around at the rest of her fellows, looking for an ally in the odd selection of powers.

Spoiler for :

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information