StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Heroes 2

Theo has gone to their room to prepare. And by prepare they were taking a nap. Thirty minutes was a perfect amount of Time to catch some shut eye and prepare for a life or death situation. Of course, that was what they dreamt about. And they died. Which is when they woke up. They looked at the time. Of course, they had like, two minutes to get to the roof. “Fuck me,” they muttered as they rolled out of bed, yawning.

They stretched and then ran to the roof of the building. “I’m here! Sorry I’m late I was sleeping.”
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

She watched one of her fashionably late comrades run onto the roof. It was sort of comical, considering Sidnee could easily tell that they had been sleeping up until about two minutes ago. "I-It's okay..." She stammered, searching somewhere in her recent memory for their name, "Th-Theo! That's it...right?"

Theo looked at the girl and smiled a sleepy smile. "Yeah, and you're Sidnee right?" They tried to fix their disheveled hair and look presentable. Whether or not they succeeded was up for debate

Kalte sat in his room. The weight of the armor pushing heavily on the edge of his bed. His helmet lay beside him, the ice cold bite of the vented-in air allowing him comfort free of the burden of his suit. The suit dad got him.

"Dad.."

The whisper was barely audible. A reminder to himself of the kind of things at risk for his failure. This wasn't about protecting these strangers. This was about protecting everyone else. If these few selected people could accomplish the goal then he would ensure their safety. His family's and everyone elses' families depended on him making sure these gifted individuals could save the world.

He smiled slightly. The institute had been kind to him. They equipped his room with intense insulation and vented freezer units. The room would be uninhabitable to anyone else, showing their trust in him.

He stood. The bed creaked in relief as he released it from his weight. He slid his helmet back on and approached the door. As he headed toward the roof he made one more promise to himself. He wouldn't let them down.

Francene walked up to the rest of the group slowly. She made up her mind as they went up to at least get to know the others since, well, despite having her nanomites to talk to they wouldn't really be in the actual world that could help her survive. The technopath closed the distance to the most recognizable face she's seen: Sidnee's. When she did she caught up on their short conversation which lead to Francene stifling a giggle at Theo's unkempt hair. She caught herself and blinked, quickly covering her mouth but the smile was still visible.

"Hair," Francene muttered. "Y-your hair is still.. everywhere."

Spoiler for :

Theo's smile faded when they heard the sound of giggles. They turned around, slightly confused, and saw Francene.

"Y-your hair..." she said softly. Theo's eyes darted up to their hair then back to Francene.

They shrugged. "Guess I didn't get that messy bedhead aesthetic down, huh?" They combed their hands through their hair, fixing it. Once they finished, they gave Francene a thumbs-up.

Sidnee exhaled in relief. She was afraid she had mixed up Theo and Isaiah. "Yes, that's me," She replied with a small, genuine smile.

Anna was mostly minding her business. Her group seemed as if they could handle themselves for the moment so she took it upon herself to find enjoyment out of a string tied around her finger. She was attempting to play with a yo-yo, though the person that gave it to her didn’t stick around long enough to teach her how to use it. Anna would release it and let it unwind completely. After hanging from her finger for a few seconds she would grab the toy and wind it back up.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Isaiah felt silly, he was on his way to the helicarrier when he remembered that he forgot a change of clothes. The boy had went back, packed a duffelbag, then returned to find everyone was there, except the one girl that had come in with the armored individual who was there. He hadn't gotten the man's name so went to introduce himself. Isaiah put down his duffelbag and offered his hand. "Hello, we didn't have the opportunity to talk formally. Let me introduce myself, my name is Isaiah Calhoun."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Since Angel didn't really have anything to do, she walked aimlessly around, hands in pockets of her hoodie, kicking up dust and waiting for everyone to gather. She didn't mind though, as she got to see how the group interacts with each other. When the girl noticed Anna struggle with her toy for the first time, she just smiled to herself silly. As the event repeated itself, Angel stopped and watched, feeling somewhat guilty for finding this spectacle slightly amusing. Perhaps because she could remember herself doing the almost exact same thing when she first came across the toy. After certain attempt, the girl shook her head a little as her smile widened and decided to atone for her thoughts. "We havin fun?" She suddenly came up from behind Anna, giggling with a wide smile.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information