StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Academy of Heroes 2

Francene was suprised at Naomi's quick cancellation of her command to the console. She had just issued that and.. she was sure she didn't make any indication she was talking to the console. Odd. Very odd. As the conversation narrowed to just Naomi and the General, Francene decided to actually listen this time since the noise of the others were silenced.

"W-We could have an scout for us," Francene raised her hand. "While we move about trying not to be seen and all.. Does the military have a drone we could borrow?"

The technopath was more than familiar with drones, having been tasked to use them in exercises back in her experimentation days. She could probably be of use in this way, she had clearly no combat skill at all despite her nanomites being able to form into a gun and blade but those were more of tools to her rather than weapons. She has to be of some use..

Spoiler for :

"Well you pulled your out first, mine is just for self defense." She wouldn't let Angel get the jump on her in a delicate situation like this.

Anna would keep her finger gun aimed at Angel for as long as Angel had hers out, but Naomi rounded everyone up to keep talking about the threat and the important stuff, rather than the fun stuff. With her gun still aimed at Angel, Anna added, "what sorts of defenses do they have? What is stopping us from flying a helicopter into the city? What is stopping us from flying ten helicopters into the city at once, and then going separate ways? We could all be on one of them and hope that ours doesn't gain as much attention as the others. What about stealth operations? How good can they see in the dark? I can see extremely well in the dark! In fact, I was playing hide and go seek with a few friends of mine a couple years ago and they kept getting really frustrated at me because I kept finding them. They really shouldn't have been hiding in the same places either. One time I knew where they were at because she was making some sort of whining sound. Why would two people hiding in the dark be making noises like that?" Anna noticed the looks she was getting, "oh right, the mission..."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Theo chuckled at Anna's rambling. Though she had brought up some good points. "A helicopter would be pretty cool, and when the noise attracts attention, I'm sure everyone who isn't flying could fend off the monsters. Either way we're going to have to fight, and it'd be a lot better than walking, right?"
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Francene was suprised at Naomi's quick cancellation of her command to the console. She had just issued that and.. she was sure she didn't make any indication she was talking to the console. Odd. Very odd. As the conversation narrowed to just Naomi and the General, Francene decided to actually listen this time since the noise of the others were silenced.

"W-We could have an scout for us," Francene raised her hand. "While we move about trying not to be seen and all.. Does the military have a drone we could borrow?"

The technopath was more than familiar with drones, having been tasked to use them in exercises back in her experimentation days. She could probably be of use in this way, she had clearly no combat skill at all despite her nanomites being able to form into a gun and blade but those were more of tools to her rather than weapons. She has to be of some use..
    "Consider it done." Was the man's immediate response. "I'll get one of our air recon guys to lend you one of our better drones." Looking her up and down, he said, "You might not look like much, but I've seen what Naomi can do. You super humans are more than meets the eye. I'll trust that you know how to fly it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    "Well you pulled your out first, mine is just for self defense." She wouldn't let Angel get the jump on her in a delicate situation like this.

Anna would keep her finger gun aimed at Angel for as long as Angel had hers out, but Naomi rounded everyone up to keep talking about the threat and the important stuff, rather than the fun stuff. With her gun still aimed at Angel, Anna added, "what sorts of defenses do they have? What is stopping us from flying a helicopter into the city? What is stopping us from flying ten helicopters into the city at once, and then going separate ways? We could all be on one of them and hope that ours doesn't gain as much attention as the others. What about stealth operations? How good can they see in the dark? I can see extremely well in the dark! In fact, I was playing hide and go seek with a few friends of mine a couple years ago and they kept getting really frustrated at me because I kept finding them. They really shouldn't have been hiding in the same places either. One time I knew where they were at because she was making some sort of whining sound. Why would two people hiding in the dark be making noises like that?" Anna noticed the looks she was getting, "oh right, the mission..."
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacePunk View Post
    Theo chuckled at Anna's rambling. Though she had brought up some good points. "A helicopter would be pretty cool, and when the noise attracts attention, I'm sure everyone who isn't flying could fend off the monsters. Either way we're going to have to fight, and it'd be a lot better than walking, right?"
    "That wouldn't be a good idea." Surprisingly, it was Naomi who spoke up. "A helicopter would be seen by everything for miles and miles. We could probably fly over their front lines, but we'd have their entire army waiting for us when we tried to touch down. Even if we split their numbers up; a small fraction of their whole army would still be too much for us to take on at the same time. Besides..." On the map of the city, Naomi drew an imaginary circle around the Mid-City, about a quarter of the way between the Outskirts and the Center. "The deeper we go into the city... the creatures we encounter seem to become more and more dangerous as we ascend their chain of command. The cannon fodder on the front lines may not be able to bring down a helicopter, but I've seen creatures that could."

"She's right." The General grunted. "We've got no choice but to get you in undetected, and for you to stay elusive once you're inside."

"Traveling on foot would be the safest option, but if we do have the military offering help, it would be best to outfit ourselves accordingly." Isaiah had been thinking about how most of the enemies were to be close ranged and that gave him a severe disadvantage thanks to the loading time on his crossbow. "A communication set for all of us to communicate without having to go above a whisper, basic body armor, and weaponry." The boy mulled over the mission. "If we are going by foot we would need to travel in an according fashion. We can have Kalte leading the group, followed by Naomi, Ina, Sidnee, Francene, Theo, and Annabeth. Angel or the drone can be our eyes in the sky and I'll move around the best I can to scout on the ground. We could just fly a helicopter around the perimeter to begin the espionage, have everyone looking up while we sneak in." He looked over at Ina and Naomi, "Though it would be more helpful if we knew what your powers were." He shot Naomi a smile, "After all, you did promise, and for even the general to sing your praises, I'm more than curious now."

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    "Traveling on foot would be the safest option, but if we do have the military offering help, it would be best to outfit ourselves accordingly." Isaiah had been thinking about how most of the enemies were to be close ranged and that gave him a severe disadvantage thanks to the loading time on his crossbow. "A communication set for all of us to communicate without having to go above a whisper, basic body armor, and weaponry." The boy mulled over the mission. "If we are going by foot we would need to travel in an according fashion. We can have Kalte leading the group, followed by Naomi, Ina, Sidnee, Francene, Theo, and Annabeth. Angel or the drone can be our eyes in the sky and I'll move around the best I can to scout on the ground. We could just fly a helicopter around the perimeter to begin the espionage, have everyone looking up while we sneak in." He looked over at Ina and Naomi, "Though it would be more helpful if we knew what your powers were." He shot Naomi a smile, "After all, you did promise, and for even the general to sing your praises, I'm more than curious now."
    Before Isalah started speaking, Naomi was already blushing a little bit. "Ah... Yes, I did promise that." She murmured once he had finished. She wished she had been able to describe her abilities back in the classroom. Now, being delayed twice and surrounded by curious faces, even she was feeling self conscious. "I actually have two powers... the first is a simple teleportation ability, which lets me instantly disappear and reappear somewhere, as long as it's not too far away. It pairs with my swordfighting nicely. The second ability, though," Naomi hesitated, knowing how many implications this knowledge was about to plant into her students' minds. "My second ability is to see just ten seconds into the future.

"If you say something to me, I'll know what it is ten seconds before you actually speak it. I'll know how you're going to react to what I say, even before I say it. I can make decisions based on this prior knowledge that I have, and when I decide to act differently, the future changes." At this, the girl's expression turned apologetic. "I know that this will make you feel apprehensive about speaking to me. I know how it makes my friends question if they have free will in conversations with me. They no longer know if everything they decide to say was only because I manipulated them into saying it." Saying this made Naomi terribly uncomfortable, but she knew that she would be unworthy as a leader if she said anything but the brutal truth. "All I can say is that I promise I won't abuse my powers when we speak together. Not only that, but..." Allowing herself to smile, Naomi rested her hand on the pommel of her blade.

"With the power to see and change the future, I am almost untouchable in combat. It's one of the reasons I was chosen to lead this group, and I promise that I'll protect you all to the best of my abilities."
    Last edited by Devour; 01-05-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Anna looked as Naomi's hand rested on the pommel of her sword and as she spoke about being untouchable in combat. The thought was rather tempting, but even with the ability to see ten seconds into the future, it likely wouldn't be a fair match. Still, a smile remained on the woman's face at the possibility of one day finding out. Such things could be considered fun, and it had been a while since Anna's last dance.

"So the closest enemies don't have a means of responding to air tactics? I believe it wise to not forfeit the aerial advantage especially if there is no counter to it. If we must travel on foot, scrambled jets and drone strikes could provide the distractions that we need. All there is to decide after that is the point of penetration and where we are to establish our first line of operations. We should be able to take our own supply of food and water for a couple of days, but anything after that could be tough so perhaps it would be best to travel alongside a river or towards a body of water."

Anna's stomach was rumbling, "growing bodies must eat," she gave Naomi a pouting look.
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

Francene looked to Naomi, whose powers were apparently the ability to see ten seconds in the future. That explained how she knew about the printer.. and probably the best way to coerce her back into the team. She frowned and sighed. Just a tool, she told herself. Just a tool again.

Anyway, she would be able to get the drone soon. That would be good as a tool. "T-Thank you sir," she said with a slight bow of her head. "I'll be sure to take care of it."

Spoiler for :

Isaiah blinked a few seconds as he digested the information then snapped his fingers. "That's how you knew about the crickets!" The ability to see into the future was a mind-boggling thing to take in. What his old captain would've done to have someone like that in his ranks. But then again, someone with that type of power would be just too powerful, uncontrollable thanks to the power where there was no way they'd be able to be kept under a tight leash if they were always a few steps ahead of everyone else. "So I guess... you don't really need me or Angel or the drone to scout huh..." The boy petered out. "Guess... I'll just go to the firing range and refamiliarize myself with some of these firearms. Where would that be general?" He looked to the man and would set out as soon as he got directions.
    Last edited by Aquila; 01-06-2018 at 03:24 PM.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Sidnee was taken aback by Naomi's most important power. This whole time, she was able to know what Sidnee said before she even had the chance to speak? While it was a useful tool in combat, she couldn't help but feel violated and that much more uncertain whenever she chose to speak at all. She opened her mouth to respond, but then couldn't figure out what she wanted to say. Did Naomi know she wouldn't say anything? If such a thought caused her to change her mind, wouldn't the future change for her? It boggled her mind to think of all the possibilities.

Sidnee decided not to think about it too much. Instead, she listened to Anna and nodded in agreement. "I-I agree with Anna on all points," She said, "Is there...some sort of body of water in the city that isn't tainted already?"

Thread Information