StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Heroes 2

Sidnee looked up at Naomi as she spoke. Deep down, Sidnee knew this day would come. She was well aware of why the Academy wanted her, and the oath she had taken in the not so distant past. She was prepared to make that commitment, take that risk to save the world...in five years.

So when Naomi said the Tumor had awoken prematurely, her blood ran cold. Sidnee was clearly, uncontrollably trembling. She wasn't ready. Her powers were still in their infancy, her body was still weak. Worst of all, she had come no further in merging the two identities that wrestled inside of her. Her brain whirled around every possible awful scenario that could come. The idea of meeting what came out of her own father's corpse was too much to bear. There had to be a mistake! She couldn't do this, not yet...

Sidnee put both of her hands on the sides of her head and stared at her desk as Naomi continued in an admirable attempt to ease the anxiety and hopelessness that grew in the room like a thick fog. She wrestled with her anxious thoughts. She was sure that she would end up as a burden to the team, in one way or another. She was positive that she'd be the first to die, before she could even face what came out of her father's tumor.

But that was just it. Sidnee wanted to face it. She couldn't sit this out. Ever since she joined the Academy, her mind was plagued with what would come out of there. She needed to see it for herself. She had to help--she had to try.

It seemed as though she had been silent for hours, even if it had only been all of thirty seconds. Finally, Sidnee's trembling voice broke through the silence following Francene. "I-If we're supposedly the greatest of the great, and we're not even ready, then...then the others will be even worse off. Fodder for the enemy, at best." She didn't look up from her desk. Sidnee had already made her decision. She would help, even if it cost her her life. She thought of speaking more, of backing Naomi up; a motivational speech was already beginning to brew in her mind...but she couldn't bring herself to say anything more. Like always, Sidnee waited for someone else to make the speech that would rally the students. She wasn't made for that kind of thing.

Isaiah shook his head, "Doesn't work. I... tried." Isaiah felt like he said enough about that subject. He experimented, he was experimented on, big difference but not one he was content with sharing. The boy listened to Naomi and then his classmates. Indeed it was a shocker that they were robbed of precious time to prepare. But in the end, this was what he signed up for, retribution. "Everyone has a purpose in life, and if mine is to help the world take a step forward in the right direction, no matter how slight. I'm content." He popped another cricket into his mouth and looked to see what Theo said. "You said death is unavoidable, so what say you to marching into its jaws?" Isaiah patted him on the shoulder.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Theo listened to the motivational speech Naomi gave. Well damn, if they're supposed to be the top of the line students, and they weren't even ready, then they were fucked. As Sidnee echoed their thoughts, they nodded in agreement. They swore the oath so they didn't have to go to prison. They guessed deep down they meant it though; their father gave them these powers, they may as well use them for good.

They looked at the hand on their shoulder, then to Isaiah, a grin on their face. "Well, you got me there, dude. I'm gonna be honest the idea of going in completely unprepared kind makes me wanna shit myself, but let's go for it." Inside, Theo was screaming, but on the outside, they tried to keep their positive demenor. Whether it was working or not, they didn't know.
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

Isaiah laughed, "We're all terrified. I'm not going to be getting any sleep I can tell you that much. But when life gives you lemons, what more can you do but burn life's house down?" He winked.

The boy ran up to the board and grabbed some chalk, scouring it across the blackboard. "Objective number 1!" He read out as he wrote. "Save the world!

"Objective number 2! Survive!" He turned around and grinned. "Any objections to the game plan?"

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Francene wasn't sure what to make of it all. Naomi hadn't answered her question yet but she the answer was already apparent. Despite the potency of other students, it may as well be that her skill set is needed. She looked down trying to find a way out but the oath she took when she was admitted to the school did say of this... She was internally screaming while her outer self simply stared blankly in shock at the board. She nearly squished the twizzler on hand until her trance was broken by Isaiah's laughter.

The plan the boy scrawled on the board was an oversimplification. Sure that was the gist of it all but... Francene shook her head. She raised her hand and spoke.

"De..Deployment. Where do we get de...where do we go?" She asked Naomi. All reminiscent of that shady organization. Maybe this is better though. We're fighting against some threat to the world, right? Not just some petty man who vyes for power? She said, trying to reassure herself.

Spoiler for :

Anna sheepishly took a seat closest to the winged girl and kept staring at them as if trying to figure out if they worked and if this girl could actually fly with them. Naomi expressed her doubts of Anna, to which she proudly responded, "sure my ability is rather simple, but you've got to open your mind to all of the possibilities! You won't have to worry about my safety!"

Mostly everyone seemed rather gloomy about the news, which definitely confirmed that Anna was in the right place. These people would need a friend to tell them stories and jokes and all sorts of shenanigans to distract them in their down time. Dwelling on negativity would only make matters worse!

The purple haired fellow whose hair reminded her of her favorite hero of all time ran up to the board and wrote out a master plan, to which Anna had to object. She thrust her hand in the air and exclaimed, "I object! What about the part where we have fun? Who said the end of the world had to be dark and terrifying? Why can't it be fun and magnificent? I bet we'll see things no one else has ever seen before, and if we pull it off then you will all be heroes! Heroes aren't born every day, you know."
    SPAC: Genesis

"Everything I've done up until now... it was all for nothing."

"If?" Yet another piece of candy found its way to Angel's mouth, as she bit it off with a slight snap, smiling to Anna. "Ya mean, 'when'?" The girl put her bag on the table, on which she sat for last few minutes, hopped off of it and approached the board, taking the chalk from Isaiah. '3. Have fun' and '4. Be heroes' appeared on the board in a bit chaotic, but still esthetic writing. She was to write something else, but refrained. More or less, it was already there. "If we ain't ready for the world...then just imagine how unready the world is for us! Shame is what it is, if it needs a head start!" Angel stretched her torso to the sides a little, putting one arm in the air, and then the other, still smiling. "Gotta ask though...What we fighting?" Still half bent, she looked to Naomi.

I should probably try and find something interesting to put in here...

Theo was slightly shook by Isaiah's enthusiasm. Dude sure did know how to keep a positive attitude. They watched as Angel added 3 and 4 to the master plan. As hard as they were trying to stay positive, that good ol' depression was creeping around their shoulder. I don't think you get it, Theo, they thought to themself. You're not going to make it out of this alive. None of you are. This is a suicide mission and this bitch is telling you to have fun! Theo sat back down, trying their best to ignore the intrusive thoughts. When Angel asked her question, Theo sat back down, slowly loosing their hype. Though, on the other hand, they had the sudden urge to draw a dick on the board. They were, afterall, 18.
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

Name: Ina Torge

Physical Appearance:
    Spoiler for Ina's appearance:

Backstory: Ina is the daughter of the very recognized heroes Hanna Kristein and Baren Torge. Just like her parents she's expected to do great things with her powers and help in the battlefield to win against the forces of evil.

Personality: Despite her powers and remarkable family, this has lead her to be insecure of her own capabilities, having so many expectations around you, the fear of failing a mission can lead her to act without thinking. Also not having full control of her abilities makes her too dependent on her bracelets and she will hesitate to fight without them.

Special Abilities: She was born with an extremely hard skin just like her mother, it's difficult for swords and even spears to go through her skin. However if something does manage to make a cut on her skin it'll be extremely painful and really hard to heal. And just like both of her parents she was born with super strenght. Ina also has fire powers, but her powers work directly with her emotions. Ina's father made magical bracelets that help her to control her fire powers and when she pleases, she can make her bracelets go around her hands making big gauntlets that will use her fire powers to create explosions on impact, and throw fireballs at enemies in the distance. While not using her bracelets, Ina can make small amounts of fire out of her hands. Her entire body and hair is invulnerable to fire.
    Last edited by Camila; 12-28-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Wanna watch this battle? Click HERE for MY part and HERE for GILDEDGUY'S part
    his part is amazing ♥
    Spoiler for stupid stuff:

Kalte's heavy armored boots thundered down the hallway as he rushed towards the board room. Reaching the door, he paused. A bright haired girl sprinted towards him from the opposite direction.

Maybe I'm not the only one who's late? he wondered hopefully.

Kalte paused there at the door. If she was also late he'd like to enter at the same time. If there was any heat to be taken for his tardiness at least he could share it with this girl.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information