StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of Heroes 2

Spoiler for Theo Powell:

Theo sighed at the sound of the announcement. They stopped doodling and walked out of the room. They had been drawing an octopus with a top hat and a mustache because they imagined one outside of the window. They weren't good at drawing, like, at all. But it was fun and kept their mind busy. When they entered Naomi Fate's classroom they saw there were already people there. Eyeing them up, they didn't have the energy to interact with any of them just yet, so they sat in the back of the room. Their mind was still on their dapper octopus.
    Last edited by SpacePunk; 12-23-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: gender isn't real and God isn't white
    I'm not good, not bad, but I sure as hell ain't ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
    Someone that was just as tall as her? In an academy of gifted individuals, those gifted individuals usually had a pretty decent height on them, so it was a pleasurable surprise that she wasn't the only short one. Sidnee briefly considered telling her to go ahead once again, but decided that doing so would just cause the awkward tension to remain where she hadn't wanted it in the first place. Before she could say anything, a man walked in between them and opened the door. Another person she was forced to interact with before she was emotionally ready. She gulped, then nodded, "Thank you..." She brushed the black bangs from the front of her face and walked inside.

Once she heard the door close in knowledge that the three of them were inside, Sidnee shuffled toward a seat somewhere in the middle of the classroom. No matter where she was, she would always sit somewhere in the middle; the front was too close to the teacher, where all eyes are on her; but in the back, it was much too noticeable that she wanted to be away from the front and from people. In the middle, nobody seemed to mind. Was she overthinking it? Most likely.

She looked at the woman sitting in the front of the classroom. She had a class or two with her, but never had she spoken directly to her, "H-Hello, Miss Fate," She said quietly.
    "Sidnee." Naomi replied, smiling warmly. "I'm glad you could make it here." She wanted to make polite small talk, but she saw right away that her actions would make Sidnee more anxious when she wanted to attract as little attention as possible.

Instead, she turned to Francene and Isalah with a smile. "Hello to you two as well. Please, make yourselves comfortable."

There were so many things she wanted to ask these students, about their powers and about their thoughts. But she would save that for later. Instead, she playfully rapped her hand against Isalah's shoulder and gave him a wink. "Don't even think about giving these girls those crickets. Haha!"

"Crickets?" Isaiah licked some mushroom off his thumb. "What? Oh yea! I have! Wait how?" The boy stared quizzically at the teacher before reaching into his pockets and pulling out a bag of crickets covered in chili pepper. "but they're not that bad, the chili hides the flavor, just gotta pick the wings out of your teeth sometimes." The boy muttered before opening the bag and popping one into his mouth. How did she know? He munched on one. "Would you like one then?" He offered them to her.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Francene blinked at the scene and was about to go to the back when someone had beaten her to it. The shy teenager was surprised when her name was called and she simply nodded when it came to being told to make themselves comfortable. She also made a note that the boy with the odd colored hair was named Isalah and the girl she bumped with was Sidnee. When she heard Isalah was about to offer crickets, she quickened her pace towards the end of the room. Since one part of the back row was taken, 37 went ahead and took another from the back, five seats away from the one who was there first.

Spoiler for :

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
    "Crickets?" Isaiah licked some mushroom off his thumb. "What? Oh yea! I have! Wait how?" The boy stared quizzically at the teacher before reaching into his pockets and pulling out a bag of crickets covered in chili pepper. "but they're not that bad, the chili hides the flavor, just gotta pick the wings out of your teeth sometimes." The boy muttered before opening the bag and popping one into his mouth. How did she know? He munched on one. "Would you like one then?" He offered them to her.
    Her polite smile stayed intact. "I'll leave the fun of eating exotic foods to you. Watching out for my classmates, including you, is up to me." She turned around, slowly pacing back to her desk and eyeing each new face in turn. There were important things to talk about, but she would wait until everyone had arrived.

"Theo! It's good to see you." She called out to the back of the class, making sure she made eye contact with everyone at least once.
    Last edited by Devour; 12-23-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    "Sidnee." Naomi replied, smiling warmly. "I'm glad you could make it here." She wanted to make polite small talk, but she saw right away that her actions would make Sidnee more anxious when she wanted to attract as little attention as possible."
    Sidnee nodded once and offered a faint smile. She crossed her arms and looked around at the new faces that came in. The girl she had run into was Francene, and the gentleman from seconds before was Isaiah, and...apparently liked crickets with chili powder. She was happy that Naomi had stopped him from offering them to her at all. She noticed a new face enter, but simply chose to ignore it for now as she rested her clenched fists on the desk. What was this all about, anyway?

Theo looked up and smiled slightly. "Yeah." they weren't sure what else to say. They were mostly curious about what this whole meeting was about. They took note of all the names of everyone in the room. They were getting bored. Theo was about to get up and talk to someone, but they weren't sure who 'cause the level of anxiety in the room was overwhelming. And I though I needed therapy...

Hmm... Naomi supposed it was only natural that a classroom of strangers would sit far apart from one another. But that wouldn't do, would it?

She felt a surge of determination.

These students had to become friends! Close friends. People that they could trust with their lives. To let this first impression make them think they could keep each other comfortably out of their field of vision wouldn't just be bad leadership... it could be a fatal barrier between them if life and death were ever on the line!

Naomi's eyes blazed with confidence as she called out to the class. "Okay, everyone! Move closer to the front of the class with me so that I can talk to you all a little easier." The girl's eyes met Sidnee's, and they flashed with pride. She knew that this girl could do it, even if it terrified her at first.

"I want to hear what each of your special abilities are. In exhange..." Deftly, her glance turned to Isalah's. "I'll agree to tell you mine as well."

"Deal!" Isaiah hadn't sit down so he took his place in the front of the class. "My name is Isaiah Calhoun, I'm 17 and I'm capable of synthesizing poisons within my body." He smiled largely and stuck his tongue out to show off its deep blue. He stared at his classmate's reaction and tilted his head. "Somethin wrong? I don't have cricket wings in my teeth do I?"

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Theo was slightly shook by the enthusiasm of their classmate. Also, the tongue was a bit odd. "Nah, fam you're blue tongue is kinda just freaking me out." They walked over him, deciding that people with blue tongues couldn't have anxiety, and sat near him. "My name is Theodore Powell I'm 18, I can generate and manipulate plasma, gender isn't real and death is unavoidable."
    Last edited by SpacePunk; 12-24-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information