StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

The OC Interviews 3

If Inception taught you anything, it’s that you’re dreaming. Or dead? Probably dead, but hopefully the former. Bright white walls surround the small room you find yourself in, but the circle of old, damaged fold out chairs steal some of the heavenly vibe that was clearly attempted. For the life of you, you can’t place how you arrived, and it takes you a minute to locate the door, blending into the corner like a chameleon. Nothing is necessarily stopping you from getting up and testing it, but curiosity persuades you to wait, at least for a minute. Glancing around, you take note of the other figures sitting around you, your gaze stopping on a redhead as she clears her throat.

“Uh, hi.” Blinking as she catches more eyes than she’s ready for, it takes the girl a moment to continue. “I’m Annabelle Leeane Lee. I run a motel that lives off sin, I’ve been told I’m working myself to death and I really hope this isn’t purgatory.” Awkwardly, she clears her throat before vaguely motioning to the others in the circle. “Who are the rest of you? School house rules: name and a fact, please.”

THE OC INTERVI3WS
    THE OC INTERVIEWS 3

Overview: So, for those unfamiliar, the OC Interviews are basically character interviews with slight RP elements. It’s non-combat, non-adventure, just prodomident Q&A, although if your character wants to interact with something someone else said, you’re by all means welcome to reply to them, but I don’t want the thread to become a two person conversation for three pages. It’s just some fun character building that’s been done twice before. You can use any character so long as it’s yours, be it wRHG, RHG, or any random other original character.

How to enter: For the first couple questions, you can start in the white room, but afterwards, you have to come in through the door. Traditionally, these take place outside cannon or tucked away somewhere that they can’t affect it, so this time we’re playing in dream land, so when your character enters, they don’t have to be coming from anywhere, or, if you’d prefer, they can come from anywhere. In your first post on the thread, please post an at a glance look at your character. Something like this:

Spoiler for Example:

Spoiler for Rules:

Spoiler for Q&A:

Spoiler for Setting:

Spoiler for Dreamers:

Current Question:
    "What's the most trouble your sense of humor has gotten you into?"
    Last edited by Crank; Yesterday at 12:12 AM.

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Well well well. Is this the thread that awakens the sleeping puppy that is the Writer's Lounge? I sure hope it is. This looks interesting and since I am not currently writing anything, might as well join. I will be editing this post once I decide the character I join with. But first I would lke some clarifications since I'm stupid. Our answers are submitted here on the thread or you will gather them through PMs and then mash them together? Also can it be as long as we want it(don't worry from now I won't do anything crazy... yet). Lastly, our characters repsond only to the questioner(Annabelle?) or can interact with others too(if any show up).

I will try to do it today so I catch the first introducing question.
    EDIT: Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. You posted this thread yesterday which means I have one hour?
    Last edited by GreekGladiator; 08-25-2018 at 12:28 AM.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Spoiler for Profile:

"The name is Derrick Ozer." Said Derrick.

With that, the boy calmly walked up to one of the fold out chairs opposite of Annabelle Lee and smiled at her. She might not have recognized him because they'd never be formally introduced but he knew enough about her to know her affiliation with Serif. Not the nicest guy of course, but he was only trying save Olivia. Even if the guy was ONLY trying to save Olivia without regards to anyone else. A thought that made him frown for seemingly no reason before he regained control of his composure.

"As as for fun fact?" He said as he tapped his chin trying to think of something. "Well, I went skydiving thrice before. The third time the chute failed. Luckily the backup worked or I would've had to hook up with someone else but it was enough to turn me away for good."
    Last edited by Urako; 08-25-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Spoiler for QA for Greek:

Seeing Derrick smile, look her in the eyes and then visibly frown, Annabelle was pretty sure he either didn't like her Serif affiliation, or her motel ruined his parent's marriage. Not wanting confirmation for either, she opted not to ask for clarification, instead breathing a "Holy Hell" at the mention of the boy nearly falling to his death. After blinking a few times, she shook her head.

"You have anyone you look up to? Two people come close for me: my friend Candi is fearless and watches out for her coworkers, but I hate her job, and my fighter friend is awful with people in an abysmal number of ways, but he's extremely dedicated to the few he doesn't loath. If I could cut that out and put them together, they'd be mine."
    Last edited by Crank; 08-26-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Spoiler for Ze character:

"Guess, I should introduce myself. My codename is A004, don't bother asking, but I just use A4 for short. An interesting about me would be my incredible resistance to electric shocks I suppose. After so many, I mean, my body has grown used to them. Hehe"

With clumsy moves, something very unusual for him, he made his way to the circle of the chairs. He chose a seat equally distant from both Annabelle and Derrick. After thinking about it for a while he finally came up with an answer to the next question.

"I wouldn't say I have anyone I personally look up to, partly because I am not given the chance to meet anyone apart from my deplorable trainers. I have however a person, or rather had, that I admire. He was a... let's say doctor so I keep it simple, and he was the only who even remotely cared for my well-being. He would make sure that the others would push me too hard and he would always advocate for a better treatment of me. This is the only person I ever felt had positive feelings for and vice versa I would say."

Not knowing what else to say, A4 gave a sad smile looking to the ground, trying not to lose himself to his own thoughts.
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

"Advocate better treatment for you?" Dozer said as he examined the boy cautiously. "Is there something we should know about?"

Every single thing the boy said kind of made Derrick worry for him. Not panic of course, but show some degree of concern before he looked back at Annabelle. Derrick had no idea who Candi was but he knew immediately who the other guy was. If i weren't for the video of his fight with Feather and then begging the crowd to help him out, he still would have known from the time he met the guy that he was the perfect match for her description of him. He just brushed it aside though.

"And as for who I look up to?" Dozer spoke. To be honest, it wasn't easy to find someone he could talk about. Riley was pretending to be dead, he wasn't sure how secret his alliance with Macbeth was, and Electroid and Rogue were just friends of his. But he did think of someone. "There is this one person who inspired me to come here. You see, I needed to be here but I didn't think I could. I had no powers and I didn't want to leave a blood trail the size of a small country so I thought it was hopeless. Heh-" he smirked. "He isn't even in the same division but seeing him fight this guy is what made me realize that I could make it. I've tried to emulate him ever since."
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

As much as she hated her motel job, it was starting to dawn on Annabelle that she may still have the easiest life of the trio. At the very least, she hadn't had a near death experience yet. Yet? She blinked a few times, not expecting the pessimism in the back of your head.

"I'm getting the feeling we've all been through some stuff then," She finally uttered, "But would you change anything? If you could go back in time and put yourself in a different place, do something different, would you? I'd-" She trailed off a moment, realizing her own answer. She'd picked up the motel during her parent's messy divorce instead picking a side and moving with either, and she stood by that choosing either her mom or her dad would've strained relations even worse. Fast forward a while and now Serif Winters was the focal point of her stress, but if she never helped him he'd diffidently be dead, and that would weigh on her more than anything else ever had. Maybe she could've persuaded him to do something else, but he was too stubborn and ridged for that too be likely.

"Son of a bitch, I'd always be miserable."

A4 look at the other two for a little while. It was different from anything he had experienced before. Of course he didn't know who any of those names were, but he felt like those people from an entirely different world. He looked at Derick, surprised by his question. Although first at shock, he quickly regained his composure and answered to him.

"It's really not something you should worry about; where I come from, we need to fight for our survival, and thus everyone is trained expertly to do just that. The A in my code comes from the A series, which is a series of 999 genetically amplified humans created to be the perfect killers. Right now I am the last one. As for your question Annabelle, I would like to change a lot of things, but sadly, they are just out of my control. Wherever I put myself back in time, it would be the same for me."
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

"Uh, well-" Derrick scratched his head and frowned trying to think of how to respond to that. "If you want, I can give you my phone number later. So that if you ever want a place where you don't need to fight for your survival, all you'd have to do would be to just give me a call. I know a lot of places where you wouldn't need to worry about that kind of stuff."

With that awkward offer out of the way, he looked over at Annabelle, crossed his arms, and shook his head. Really, he wasn't that angsty of an individual but when she kept asking questions like these, he imagined that his life sounded like it. Oh sure, he checked off some of the boxes such as his parents not being around. But he didn't want to make it sound like he had some kind of traumatic childhood and was constantly hunted down in fear for his life. It just wasn't true.

"Annabelle. When you ask questions like these, you know you're going to get negative answers. Why can't you just ask fun questions like what we're capable of?" Dozer asked. Nonetheless, he continued to answer her question. "Overall i've had a good life but if I could change two things the first would be to stop the car crash that uh- hurt my parents. And as for the second thing, well i'm a gladiator because my sister was kidnapped and needed to come here to look for her and save anyone I can along the way. That includes Olivia from those posters of her that I saw by the way. But I digress. If I could, I would have made it so that my sister didn't go missing."
    Last edited by Urako; 08-27-2018 at 11:35 AM.

The Father of the Gods SriGraecus's Avatar
    Spoiler for Introduction:

Percy's dreams had started taking a strange turn. He'd started off at the top of the Tokata State Building, looking down at the streets that he'd gotten so familiar with. Next, he was plummeting off, falling to the ground with the wind ripping at his clothes.

"But would you change anything?" A girl's voice echoed in his ears. Would he? He had regrets, sure, but...would he?

The next thing he knew, he was standing in front of a white door. The question echoed in his head. 'Would you change anything?'

He took a deep breath and opened the door, scratching his head. He saw the girl sitting directly across from the door and sighed.

"I would change a lot of things if I had the chance," He admitted, taking the seat one away from Derrick. "Specifically? I think I'd stop myself from taking on an apprentice. I think that was the start of all of my problems."

He leaned down, putting his elbows on his knees. He looked over at Derrick and then at A4 before looking back at Annabelle.

"People died because of it. Way too many people. I'd have liked to prevent that."
    これは 私の遺産.
    (This is my legacy)

(Witness my greatest acomplishment)
    立ち会う私の最大の 成果

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information