StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

As unconvinced Johni was that Oida wasn't proud of torturing people, it unnerved her more the way Alphonse dodged the question he seemed to enjoy. She readjusted her rankings of who she liked while Annabelle cleared her throat to get off the torture subject. "I... don't think I could actually hurt someone," She finally confessed, "I keep a loaded gun hidden under my desk at work, but that's for bluffs more than anything else, and there's mace in my purse, but self defense isn't a crime." She scanned the room of the people who mentioned it specifically, but Johni for one ducked the eye contact, knowing her worst, possibly fatal act was after her fight had concluded, "Just the way I position myself, I don't think I'd even be in a position where I could do worse than aiding and abetting, obstruction of justice and perjury. I guess maybe I've kidnapped my colleague a couple times, but I was getting him out of a public place when he was A: Unconscious, and B: Convinced people were trying to kill him. I can't see myself in a position where I'd have to murder someone, but there's no way I'd be able to anyway."

After thinking for a moment, she decided she liked the concept of psychology. "Sorry if you haven't heard this one either A004, but let's say you see a runaway train moving toward five tied-up people lying on the tracks. You are standing next to a lever that controls a switch, and if you pull the lever, it will be redirected onto a side track and the five people on the main track will be saved. However, there is a single person lying on the side track, who you would be directly responsible for killing. What do you do?"

A loud groan filled the air as Puppy leaned back. "Sure, I guess officially tack murder onto my last answer." Shaking her head, her arms crossed. "I'd pull the lever. 'Always know what you do, and never do nothing.' It's something Pop says pretty often. He uh, he went through a really rough phase when he was around my age, and one of the worst things that happened to his family, he... attributes to choosing to avoid a situation. It's uh, it's been drilled in my family that doing nothing isn't passive, it's an active decision, and sometimes you have to live with those repercussions, even if you can't." She tapped her fingers. "The way I grew up, as soon as I'd see that switch, I'd be just as responsible for the five's death as whoever put them there." After letting out a long sigh, she offered a meek smile. "Pop's usually alright, for the record, it's just that he's more... honest, when he drinks, and he gets black out drunk on the anniversaries of my aunt and uncle's deaths. He... He stays at motels those nights now."
    Last edited by Crank; 10-10-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    "That's something interesting... At first glance, I would also pull the lever, I guess. Right now, I am trying to see if there would be any case that the question is altered that would make me answer otherwise."

A004 took his time to think more thoroughly about the question. After reaching a dead end, he gave up.

"No, I can't imagine any scenario that I wouldn't pull the lever. It would always be preferable to let five people leave instead of one, right? Am I missing something here or what? This questions sounds a bit sketchy to me, I must admit."
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

"I always hate this question but I would pull the lever," Derrick admitted and grumbling and crossing his arms. "I'm just as responsible for killing five people if I don't pull the lever as I would be if I pulled the lever and killed the one person. Direct or indirect. In the end, it doesn't make too much of a different because you still know what you did. Truth be told, I know a guy who is fast enough to save everyone but there's no way I could get him on the phone in time in such a situation so that one person has to die i'm afriad. Though if I really had to rationalize it, I could think of it as saving five people or saving one person. In which case, I imagine it would be easier to save the five. Even if it meant dooming the other person."
    Last edited by Urako; 10-10-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

To use a train to do his dirty work, not the most appealing of methods but Abra couldn't deny that a train had a certain... Brutality about it. "My question is... Who is the one?" The magician ventured to inquire. "I see no ill will between killing the five or killing the one if all of whom are involved are naught but strangers to me." The man drummed his fingers together, his palms pressed against each other as he pressed his joined thumbs against his lips. "However... If the one was to be... My significant other... my children... Or a friend, then how could I ever dare pass the thought of pulling the lever?" And let the train have all the fun? An ending muse he didn't include in his question. "The point of this question, Mr. A004 is to see how much you weigh the value of a human life. If just because you know them, are they worth more than those you don't? Though they are both human lives, how much is emotion and sentiment worth to you?" Abra looked at the man then at Derrick. "How about you young man? Does that change your answer perhaps? Can you live perhaps knowing you could have saved the one you loved? Though then again, could your loved one live knowing their life, their hands, is covered in the blood of five innocent people?" He smiled at the end of his question.

I am prepared to meet my maker.
    Whether or not he's prepared to meet me....
    well that's another matter, isn't it?
    Spoiler for Infinite Battle:

Derrick visibly frowned at Abra's words and glared at the guy for a second. He quickly dropped it and didn't say a word, but his silence was more than enough to convey that his response would change. That he would pass up the lever and condemn five people to their deaths, if the one person was someone whom he was closer to. He didn't really have someone he loved per-se but Electroid, Rogue, and Rachel all took priority over five strangers. Macbeth might have but he didn't know the guy too well and the good doctor could probably just make a clone of himself that wasn't attached to the tracks thereby removing the delimma entirely. But that didn't change the truth that the boy's answer could be changed.
    Last edited by Urako; 10-10-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

A004 saw that Derrick wasn't going to answer the question posed by Abra, at least not directly, so he chose to speak up.

"I see the point you are making. If you look at it through this lens, then I can see why someone might choose to save a loved one or somebody they know over strangers. I guess it's a blessing and a curse at the same time, that I don't have any of that. I am completely alone, no attachments or anything. Whoever you put on those tracks is the same to me."

The young man saw the situation escalating beyond his control, so he decided to end it there. This was getting too emotional for his liking.
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Oida placed a hand to her chin. "Well the lever or switch to change the tracks, there are two aren't there? One in a control room and one right at the track. If im on the track then switch to the one person and book it to get them out of there before the train comes. On the other hand if im in the control room i'd just pull the lever while simultaneously pulling the emergency stop lever to stop every single train the control center is connected to, however if that doesn't work then they are dead simple as that... if i forget that the Epsilon hackers stopped these kinds of threats all the time. Now if the five were criminals on the death row or their crimes involve rape and assault somehow, THAT is a different story. I will not change it and will take pleasure in condemning those five to a brutal death." She finished before going back to nibbling on her cake.

Porcelain looked at Annabelle and Abra with piercing stares before placing her cake down and crossing her arms under her mega milks to start speaking. "Hypothetically speaking, should the worst case scenario be you are in a control room the one tied person on the other track were your loved one and you had no force to help you. Well... for me it is different, every single loved one of mine has a power to get themselves out of it so i pull the lever, 'doom' my friend but watch as they use whatever power they had to get out." Porcelain ended her answer with deep breath and released it, unknowingly making her melons jiggle at the action before going back to eating.

Oida shook her head. "With that said and done this is a trick question. No matter what way you go, you are screwed morally either way. Because of the people i met, my morals of life and death were forced to change and im completely different to what my mother thinks. Its a bit depressing to me but its true." Oida said as she finished her cake.
    For the glory that is the Epsilon Union!

We have cookies.

My wRHG: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...-Glass-Warrior

Spoiler for <:P>:

"Personally, I wouldn't be able to pull it either way," Annabelle admitted, "I know the math, but if I pull the switch, someone is dead because of me. And that's just not something I'd be able to handle, and as much as the situation would haunt me, killing the one would destroy me." She glanced around the room, and catching the moods and various judging happening, specifically Derrick at Alphonse and Johni at Oida, decided it was time to return to greener pastures. "Alright, let's play hypothetical-"

"-Because we just doomed real people with real trains."

Puppy caught some sort of half-hearted glare.

"Would you rather say everything that comes to your mind, or never say anything again?"

"My filter's already horrible," Johni shrugged before glancing back to Oida, "But my dad's awful at words and he's happy." Closing her eyes, she leaned back. "I think I'd rather not talk again, but I can't be missing for... a month or so? And not say a word to my parents when I get home. For better or worse, I'd have to say everything."

"Never say anything. People can communicate a lot more through nonverbal gestures than you think," Derrick answer almost immediately. He still wasn't smiling, but it was still the last question from Alphonse that made him do that rather than the new question. He did however uncross his arms and look up at Annabelle. "And let's confess. I am way too afraid of the things i'll just randomly blurt out if I say whatever comes to my mind. You never know what you would say whether it's your deepest darkest secrets or some embarassing confession you don't want anyone else to know. For me, I'd rather play it safe."

"I have to agree with that. Even if not talking again is limiting, the other option is potentially dangerous, considering the lifestyles many of us have..." A004 let some time for the idea of not talking ever again sink in. He tried to imagine how his life would change by something so massive.

"I don't really like those types of questions. You are simply offered two bads, so you're screwed anyway. I understand that it can be revealing of one's personality, but it still doesn't seem very good to me."
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Thread Information