StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

"It's not my tradition per-say, but someone's been my Secret Santa for the past few years," Annabelle leaned back in her seat, "I've been trying to stay up late enough to keep to see who it is, but even if I pull an all-nighter Eve to Day, as soon as I pass out there's something under the desk." She crossed her arms. "I come close to buying a security camera every year, but I'd lose half my business if one of them popped up. It's usually some small, expensive decorative thing, but..." She shrugged, "I guess cat and mouse is the tradition." Tapping her fingers, she grinned a little bit. "Alright, let's change gears. What do you look for in a significant other?"

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    He didn't know why, but A004 felt really awkward with this question. At first he thought of skipping this one too, but he saw that the place was dying down and he knew somebody had to start talking. He struggled to find the best way of approaching this question, not wanting to get embarassed in front of so many people.

"Since I haven't had so much freedom and I never really settled in one place, I wasn't able to form any kind of relationship with anyone else. Wait, have I already said that? Nevermind, the point is that my interaction with others has been minimal, especially with others of my age range. This is the reason why at no time I sat down to think of this aspect of my life. Anyway, I was destined to die in battle, so what's the point? This had been my way of thought up until recently. I met... someone... that made me rethink a lot. I can't really explain this, since it is something pretty new to me, but let's answer the question. I guess what I look for, firstly, is honesty. It is something that I haven't seen that much being used, and I think more of it could be refreshing. If I going to make such a commitment, I want to feel that I can trust such a person. Now that I think about, this is kind of basic and supposed... Anyway, something I really value in a person is bravery. I have seen how hard my overlords can be, I believe that anyone who can walk through such fierce training is worthy of my admiration. Another thing would be dedication; it is perhaps that that I lack the most. All I need for someone right now to reignite the flame inside me..."

A004, without noticing, stopped talking as he was once again overtaken by his thoughts. He remember the downwards spiral that had become his life and thought how hard it was to once more look up and get motivated to do anything.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

"Well, I'm not that picky of a guy," Derrick replied. "Any girl who's nice enough, smart enough, within my age group, and won't disapprove of what I'm currently trying to do is good enough for me. Though I admit that I haven't had much luck as far as that goes. Maybe I'm stricter than I thought? Well, I don't really know and it probably doesn't matter too much anyways. I'm sure one of these days, someone will come along. And it helps that every gladiator has at least a handful of fans too."

He looked over once more at A4. Although Derrick hadn't pieced together all of the details. He knew that the guy got shocked regularly, expected to die in battle against some alien race, had overlords, and didn't even have a real name. It didn't take an expert to tell that he was some sort of experimental child soldier and it kind of ticked him off when he heard that. So he more or less just frowned as the guy finsihed.

"Are you okay?" Dozer asked sincerely. "I mean, it sounds pretty rough. Do you need a hug or something? I know Annabelle and Johni have both already offered."
    Last edited by Urako; Yesterday at 08:51 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

(Holy shit so much spam boiz. That means we famous now.)

A004 was taken aback by the sudden question directed at him. He didn't expect people to really pay that much attention to his, considering pretty much all of them had come from a tough background.

"Well, that came out of nowhere... I-I think I am good for now. I have kind of become used to it, after so many years. It is true that the treatment was, and still is, hard; but what can you do? I can either endure that, or be thrown away and left for dead. It really sucks, but that's my only option. All I am asking for is to not be pitied... a hug would be nice though."

He ended his sentence with a shy look on his face as he buried himself deeper into his small and uncomfortable chair.
    Last edited by GreekGladiator; Yesterday at 10:51 AM.
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

(I concur. We have been getting an add problem. Though we aren't famous. Those are just bots. Also, not entirely sure how to proceed from here.)
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

"I'd call it empathy before I called it pity." Johni gave a small smile as she stood up from her seat, leaning on her obsidian table for a moment before making her way towards the center of the room. "Come on, A, there's nothing wrong with people caring about other people. Here, I'll meet you in the middle."

(OOC: I'd answer the question too, but it all felt like flirting considering context)

After letting out a weak sigh, A004 got up from his seat and shyly walked to were Johni was standing. He looked around the room for any response, but nothing. He tried to remember the last time somebody had shown him empathy. Then he tried to remember the last he had seen anyone show empathy, but still couldn't recollect anything.

"Just so you know, this is making very uncomfortable."

(What have I unleashed...)
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Johni chuckled as she pulled A004 in for a hug, holding him close. "Well unfortunately, that's something that the Pines have always been good at." Grinning, she looked over to the others, "Come on you guys, I think we all need this."

Annabelle gave it a moment before letting out a sigh. Johni was right, something was wrong more often than not for her and it was starting to wear her down. Gradually, she got up and joined what was becoming a group hug.

(OOC: I won't ruin the moment, we can this ride)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread Information