StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

"Well, he seemed like a decent guy before we fought. Though I guess it helps me that I hardly knew the guy. It's disappointing, but It is what it is." Derrick surmised before glancing over at Annabelle and thinking about the question posed to him. He recalled most of the major events that happened over his life and to his surprise, none of them would have changed. Not unless his personality changed with his gender. "Actually, I think my life would be pretty much the same. Nothing important in my life so far has been defined by my gender and I can't think of a time where I wouldn't have been able to do anything that I did. Unless my personality were to change, I'd be pretty much the same."
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

The Father of the Gods SriGraecus's Avatar
    "My life wouldn't be any different, honestly," Percy answered, taking note of the hell that he could feel was coming into the room. "I mean, at the very most, I just don't think I'd probably be around the same people that I am, specifically because of the people that I usually hang around.

He sat up and adjusted his tie, shooting a glance at Obzidias and their explanation. He turned to them, an eyebrow raised.

"I hope you don't mind if I say that that's a bit difficult for me to understand, friend," Percy told them before turning back to Annabelle. "My personality isn't very based around my gender, so that won't be changing much either. If I was a female, I think I'd probably be the same as I am, albeit maybe smaller? If that's the case then maybe I'd be a bit faster, a bit more nimble and possibly more acrobatic which would make the shit that I do a lot easier. In return, though, my hits probably wouldn't hurt as much? I don't know."

Percy scratched his forehead, cutting his cards with one hand..

"My idea still stands, I don't think I'd change that much, honestly." He answered once more and ended off on that.
    これは 私の遺産.
    (This is my legacy)

(Witness my greatest acomplishment)
    立ち会う私の最大の 成果

"Assuming my parents wouldn't have loved me more as a boy," Annabelle began herself, "I think I would've still ended up running my motel, but I don't think it would've lasted." She paused. "And maybe I would've been happier rooming with Alex with some normal job, or maybe I would've felt like a failure having to lock the doors. It's a toss up, but it would heads and tails are both extremes." Tapping her fingers, she considered answering Altear, but having a bad experience with Serif was still par for the course and the way he was acting... She wasn't against keeping him out of the loop. Besides, Derrick replied with the important bit anyway. Glancing at Johni's crumpled paper, she shrugged, giving the cut girl hope.

"You're all fighters here, right?" She inquired, "Well, what was your first fight?"

"That's not what that was in reference to, and you know it."

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    From this talk, A004 understood that a lot, if not all, of the people in the room where connected in some way or another. He understood that fighting for them was something not out of the ordinary so he could understand why Annabelle asked that question. Personally, he didn't consider all the training he had and all the mock battles he fought to be valid answers.

"Assuming that I make it to 18 years old, I am going to have my first 'real' battle then. Till today I am simply training and preparing in order to become the best soldier that I can. We aren't allowed to fight between trainees, although sometimes I may take it too far. Now that I think about it, I would be very interested in having one of your kind of fights for a change. But, I guess I would be no match for you guys, I mean, you all have those cool weapons or crazy superpowers... I would lose right away; or am I missing something here?"
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

"Really, that depends on what you consider a fight," Derrick answered cooly enough between bites of his food. "My first real 'fight', the first one where I could fight back, was against a nightmare manipulator. I won and that's pretty much why I'm here but I- well I accidentally killed him too out of reflex. To this day, i'm not sure what to think about that one. The guy loved picking on and picking off new gladiators so it wasn't like when Riley drowned."

Come to think of it, the boy did wonder what became of the car driver. But the guy sped off as soon as he hit Recall so he was pretty sure whoever was behind the wheel was okay. It didn't explain the hit and run, but Dozer didn't particularly care about that after his little 'initiation'. To be honest, he thought he would never speak of it again and it was just Annabelle's question really that made him speak of the event.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

Seeing as Derrick gave off neither masochistic or psychotic enough vibes to keep a tape of a kill, Johni wasn't inclined to believe in the alleged death of Riley, which in her mind, threw the second into question as well. She eyed the boy oddly for a moment before turning to the rest of the group. "I had an aunt," She began, evenly enough, "She was... infamous, for lack of a better word, and she passed on before I was born. Pop always talked about her though, going on about how she was the sweetest, strongest person he'd ever met, but the media never showed that side of her, to the point that when she did die, all the news was positive." Her arms crossed. "We had to do a family tree in the first grade, and I thought to include her because if I just did the people who were actually related to me, it would've been a twig in the ground." She paused.

"Apparently one of my classmates had heard of her and started saying really terrible things about her and Pop, so," She rolled her wrist a few rotations. "I broke her nose after class. One and done."

Altaer did not just eat quickly. The food was consumed in a manner which was neither rude nor rushed, yet someone managed to make it almost just...disappear. The way men eat who often barely have time to eat in peace. Satisfied, at least for the moment, he opened his fourth bottle of hard lemonade and turned his chair to face the group, leaning back meditatively.

"First fight? Heh...well, I was drug into human trafficking at twelve when my parents were killed. I put up a fight, and got thrown first into labor, where I caused trouble, and then into fights. So...thirteen was my first real fight instead of just wild trouble-making or sparring. They pitted me against the one other kid I had bonded the most to. I killed him...and a part of myself, too, I guess. First fight in association with the RHG was against that damned greasy alien space nigger. Zalgo. I had only died once then, so I still had the other two parts of me. First time someone whooped his ass royally, if I recall. That was fun as hell."

When A004 answered, Altaer gave a shrug. "Eh, kid, I know some of the folks here, and they aren't on the super-tier of powers that you can run into around the RHG. Anna isn't even a gladiator at all, just a friend of one, unless things changed since the last time I ran into her. So in at least some match-ups you might do damned fine. Don't ever underestimate yourself. Always overestimate. Aim for the stars. Worst that can happen is that you die, which from my experience isn't that bad."
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Goddess of Fireflies fireflygoddess's Avatar
    Erik had missed the last question because he was busy with his model ship but when he heard the next one he set it down and flashed a grin full of sharp pointed teeth. "My first fight eh? I guess it would have to have been what... fifty years ago now? Anyways it was when I still had not had my powers under control and both Mom and my sword blunting sister here were away visiting an old friend. A band of thieves had entered the Forest of Light and had decided to set up shop there. I happened to stumble upon them and well needless to say a fight broke out. In the end i won and the thieves well they were all wrapped up."

Jessica huffed and hit Erik in the back of the head with one of her mantis limbs. "You really like to gloat and make horrible spider jokes don't you?" She folded her regular arms under her breasts shook her head, " please ignore my brother he fell out of his web when he was a baby. As for my first battle well it was back before i was a goddess. It was the Middle Ages and I was about twenty or so when a knight started hitting on me. I turned him down he tried to rape my i broke his nose and for that he killed me well almost did Mother saved my life spark and I was reborn into my present image."

A tear ran down her cheek at that memory and she shook her head again and covered up her mantis eyes with her hair then she turned to Altaer. "Yo captian trench coat! got some extra booze on you?"
    Though it be dark there shall always be a light. You just have to look for it. ^_^

"Speak for yourself Altaer, you might have been able to just brush death off but the same can't be said for all of us," Derrick argued. "Now, I don't want to complain and I know I haven't died yet. But from my personal experience. Every time i've nearly died hurt. A lot. Let me tell you, electrocution is not a pleasant experience once it hits lethal range."

With that out of the way, he glanced over at A004. He really didn't want to undermine Altaer, especially since Macbeth had been kind enough to him, but he wasn't going to let the guy join up as a gladiator without knowing what he was getting into. Tht was, if he wanted to. So, he gave a reluctant sigh and continued to argue.

"As for you, A4-" Derrick began but caught himself up. "Is that really the name you want?" He shook his head. "I digress. If you were to fight, you need to know what you getting into. Because gladiators range from your average guy off the street to near diety level. All of which can challenge you at any time. You will get hurt and you could probably die if you mess up. You should know what you're getting into if you want to try."

The lady-bug spoke to him. Asked for more drinks. He nodded, pulling another one out of his duster and tossed it to her. "Catch! I got plenty, so drink what you like. And it's a duster, not a trench coat...leave that to the noir guys."

Rape? Her? As the story unfolded, he gave a shrug. Maybe they weren't always bugs, because he knew no guy in his right mind would try to dust down that thing. Period. As Derrick replied, he gave a chuckle, waiting for him to finish. "Yeah dude, listen to the kid. Last guy I fought was known for conquering entire species and worlds. Friend of mine literally faced down a god...not even joking, a literal god. Hell, screw 'near deity'...we have had people who at least claimed to be actual gods. So yeah, know what you're getting into. Although I didn't mean everyone would brush death off."

He adjusted himself in the chair, finished his current bottle, and straightened a bit. "See, first time I died, I didn't know I was coming back. I stayed gone for six months in real time...seemed like much longer to me. Anyhow, dying wasn't so bad from the other side of things. My point is, if you get into this, ten to one you're going to die. If you aren't able to accept death, don't get into this. If you are, don't worry because it won't do any good anyway. But then again I'm not exactly a role-model. This kid, Anna...they're the type of folk you want advice from on life."

It was true, after all. Those two...they were good souls. Hell, most of the time he didn't even like the advice he gave himself.
    My wRHG Canon: The Remarkable Life of Altaer
    "oh fuck yeah, taco, you've been naughty" ~ Vorpal
    "" ~ Index
    Spoiler for More stuff:

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information