StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

"Yeah, I'm fine," Annabelle brushed off, "I've been limiting myself. I don't get black-out, but I'll let myself get buzzed on a rough day."

"And in addition to obvious bad things," Johni began, first gesturing to the mother and son before ending with Dozer, "I'm on a similar page as you. It's always bothered me when someone's hurt and someone else's first response is to pull out their phone and record it. Sure, get some evidence for the police, but then help the person, ya know? Another thing that bothers me is when people refer to my boss as 'my master'. He's a journeyman blacksmith and I'm his apprentice, but the word still pisses me off."

"Yeesh, you don't have to tell me twice," Derrick replied though the latter part of the sentence turned into a low growl as he recalled something. "So I got out of the hospital after a fight with this fulgurkinetic dude and I randomly found out on the news that somebody got kidnapped in broad daylight in the middle of a crowded festival. They had plenty of videocoverage of course but the guy screamed for help, struggled, got away, got caught, and the cycle repeated twice before they finally nailed him. Believe it or not, the police found the boy later but it didn't make me feel any better about what I was trying to do. Long story short, the videos were really messed up and kind of painful to watch."
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

"I'd imagine," Annabelle agreed as Johni nodded a few seats down. "Alright, hypothetically, if better places were off the table, like Heaven or Asgard, what would you prefer to happen after you died? Reincarnation with or without your memories as a human, as an animal, or as some kind of undead like a ghost, mummy, or vampire?"

"So I see you've decided you're done trying to cheer us up," Johni grinned, "Although that kinda depends on how I died. Like, if I get murdered I could use a little vengeance so I'd want to be a ghost and haunt the bastard, but other than that, reincarnation. Maybe as a squirrel, so I could scamper around and steal food from bird eaters and that jazz. And I guess I'd keep my memories."

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Reincarnation. It was one of those things that A004 knew about but never really thought or considered. All his life his was being taught, fruitlessly, that his life was just another one that would have to be sacrificed to put an end to the war. He may be somewhat special, but in the end his destiny was sealed. However, A004 never accepted that and always thought there was something more than what he was raised up with.

"I would certainly want to be reincarnated, preferably with my memories, but on a different place and time. I would want to be free of this nightmare that we have devolved into and see what the world really has to offer. It is also very likely, that with every day that passes in the battlefield, I will be killed; so a second chance is always great."
    My wRHG: The Elementalist
    Have fun everybody!
    Spoiler for Truth:

Derrick looked down at his necklace, looked back up and sighed. Obviously, a pleasant was his first choice but if that was hypothetically off the table, he wasn't sure exactly what he would prefer. Really, it only left annihilation, an unpleasant afterlife, and endless recursive loop, or reincarnation. Of those, he had to choose reincarnation.

"Of the options that remain, I suppose I would choose reincarnation. The only question would be whether or not I should keep my memories." He held up his right hand and starting counting off the benefits of each. "If I kept my memories, I wouldn't repeat the same mistake twice. Humanity would gradually get better and all that. I think I could live with that. But that would also mean that serials killers would come back and repeat whatever, you would lose your friends and family and know it, and you would have to deal with whatever emotional baggage carried over with you. I'm going with Reincarnation without memory of past lives on this one. If I get a do-over, I want an actual fresh start."
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

"Die." Was Jack's decisionon the afterlife. When he died he just wanted it to be over.

(Ooc : Sorry just running out of time for everything recently. Will answer question later but when he dies he just wants it to be over and never be reborn or anything.)
    Last edited by Piston1937; 09-11-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Availability : Come get me when your ready.

"Well continuing on the topic of religion," Annabelle caught a look from a fair chunk of the room, "Back to the topic of books," She corrected, "If you could be a part of any fictional world, which would it be?"

"Strictly books?"

"Or TV or movies," The motel owner shrugged. "Just something fiction."

"Alright, then I think I'd like to be in Lord of the Rings. I'm pretty good with my staff, so I think I'd be able to hold my own." She flashed a grin, but it quickly faded, "Wait shit, that whole thing's about a massive war." The girl paused a moment. "And I assume things like The Office and Friends would be cheating so..." After extending the word until she ran out of breath, Johni motioned for someone else to go.
    Last edited by Crank; 09-11-2018 at 10:51 PM.

"Fictional world huh?" Derrick asked when he gazed around the room. Really he knew of a book series but it was obscure. Nonetheless, he went ahead with what he was going to say. After all, he already started so he needed to finish. "There is this really obscure sci-fi series focused around a book called Ender's game. Like, half the books is about a war against an alien race, politics, and internal strife between countries. And half the books take place after the humans win and use the alien technology to expend. Now, I would choose to be the latter part during the post-war colonization. I mean, the main planet where the plot takes place is in peril but all the other planets seem to be just fine and everyone aware of the problem is trying to help said planet. I mean, how would you like to live in a tropical planet? If not, there are plenty others. And furthermore, it's pretty convient. No major wars, it would have electricity, it would have plumbing, and the people are actively trying to root out the only problem which is corruption in the government."

The Father of the Gods SriGraecus's Avatar
    Percy scratched his chin. Admittedly, his knowledge when it came to fictional universes was, at the moment, quite abhorrent. He groaned to himself in frustration and scratched at his chin just a bit more.

"I'm a simple kind of guy," He said after a moment. Flicking his wrist, a card slipped into his hand and he began to spin it around absent-mindedly. "I'm a fan of Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, but I'd only really agree under certain circumstances. Like, I'd only want to be in either of the universes after the series' themselves are already over, you get me? I'd really rather not deal with a war in either of them, so I'd really just like to live as peacefully as possible once I get there."

He flicked the card forward before catching it in his own hand and then folding it back against his palm. Then he shrugged and looked away, already bored of his own tricks.

"War isn't really my scene. I'm not a big fan of violence."
    これは 私の遺産.
    (This is my legacy)

(Witness my greatest acomplishment)
    立ち会う私の最大の 成果

"I'm good at violence until it gets bloody," Johni shrugged. "I think I might have to go with the Deltora Quest series. There's just something... relaxing, about a belt on the king keeping the evil away." She paused a moment, "Although the books open with the king getting betrayed and the gems in the belt getting dispersed, but they put it back. Plus, there are no guns there, and I'd be pretty handy with a stick."

"I'd go with the Xanth series," Annabelle replied, "It's a magic world, or at least section of it, and even when things go wrong, there aren't violent overthrows, to my recollection. It'd be nice to be somewhere a little more fantasy with a little less bloodshed." She crossed her arms. "Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but we always talked about the end of the world in high school. Cutting out all the grief, what apocalypse are you best suited for?"

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information