StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

"I haven't gotten into too much trouble. Sorry to say but I've never had any of my relationships ruined because of it. To be fair, I can be careful what I say when I want to." Derrick replied. "The worst that's ever happened to me was this one time when I was fifteen or so. I said something really bad that I don't care to repeat and got sent home from school. I was more or less grounded for a month after that. Really though, my words have never cost me anything serious. Sorry to dissappoint anyone to was hoping for some juicy story that suggested otherwise."
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

"For me, I don't know what category this falls into, between prank and vengeance, but when I was in elementary school, someone kept stealing from my lunchbox," Annabelle leaned back a little, "Usually my snack, so my oreos or chips, and I ended up getting really sick of it. So, over the weekend, I collected about 5, 10 worms, opened a bag of Doritos, dumped them in, and sealed it shut with a glue gun." Annabelle paused for a moment. "I always thought it was another student, since I saw Mom put my lunch together at night and checked that everything was there in the morning, but apparently my Dad didn't want me eating sweets, so he'd take them out when he was driving me to school and have them himself at work. When he got home, he was the maddest I'd seen him up to that point in my life, screaming at PepsiCo -apparently they make them- when he was walking through the door. I just hid in my room the rest of the day, and we never had chips in the house again. Speaking of nevers though, if there was a part of your daily routine you could cut out without consequence, what would it be?"

"God I hate shaving," Johni chuckled, "My favorite part of winter is sleeves, pants, and that I'm not constantly cutting myself. I have a swear jar at home that I'm going to cash in for laser hair removal one day."

"Oh gosh." Zech began as he sat down and started to eat his first hot dog. "There isn't anything that I could cut without consequence. It is all really important whether it's for personal hygiene or getting ready for the day. But if I was hard-pressed to cut something out of my life, I guess that I could remove my morning coffee routine. It wouldn't be pleasant by any stretch of the imagination but it wouldn;t change my day after I finally woke up."

It was true, coffee made it possible for him to wake up when he did and he wasn't about to part with it if he could help it. But if he had to, he knew that he could. He probably would have to anyways because he was pretty sure it would take a toll on him if he never stopped. At least the doctor he visited last time he was hurt in a battle said as much when he saw the boy's blood results.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

"By without consequence, I meant without getting the ill-effects of not doing the thing. Like, if you don't like to shower, just being clean when you woke up." Annabelle shrugged, "I'd cut making my bed. Since I work in a motel, when I make a bed, it's made. Everything has to be tightly tucked, neatly folded and measured out right, and doing it a thousand times doesn't make it less fun. Music helps, but I usually don't have it set up when I'm still half asleep. Speaking of music, are there any songs that have really stuck with you, or lyrics that stood out? Either because of connection, a deep meaning, or because there was a line so weird, funny or insane that you couldn't shake?"

"Avenged Sevenfold has a whole song about fucking a corpse," Johni stated leaning back, "I heard it once while I was driving and had to pull over and process it. Like, no one in the group rejected it and the album gave it a pass? I don't know, it's just insane to me. Pop had Matchbox Twenty playing when he drove my sister and I places, and I've always liked How Far We've Come. It's about the end of the world but like, facing it, and with a pretty upbeat tune. Up until me, recently, danger had skipped my generation, but it makes me think of my aunt and dads, and how much ass they kicked together."

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    "Heh, another one hitting close to home." A004 had again ended his silence after hearing an interesting question. The topic of music was somewhat sensitive to him.

"Although there are many pieces that I like, I'd have to say that my favourite would have to be Für Elise. It was one of the first pieces I learnt to play on the piano and also the first one I heard. I don't think I have heard anything else aside from classical, although I am aware of the existence of other genres of music. I guess that's another thing on the list for me to do once we get out of here. But yeah, mostly classical music and usually something fast like Moonlight Sonata 3rd Mvt."

(Sorry for being kinda inactive. This week has been heavy for me and we are preparing a play for the 28th of October soon so I have preparations to make for that. Since I know you are all dying to read the next chapter of my shit; don't worry I gotchu. By next week it'll be up.)
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

(I'm sorry but I really can't reply to this one. I don't want Derrick to not be musically inclined but I myself am terrible with music selections so I just can't think of a way to reply to this one adequately.)

Annabelle nodded at the answered. "I could never listen to heavy music growing up, so anyone I've driven with can testify that I play it a lot now. Rise Against consistently has a softer, deep song per album though. I'd say Swing Life Away was the original one, though. It's kinda about how life is hard, but that's okay. I discovered them when I was in high school, which was good timing since my 16th birthday present was a job at the motel."

"You hate your job so much."

"Hate's too strong a word." Annabelle loosely crossed her arms, "But I've felt the emotion before. I feel like you're a heroic bunch; what's your take on evil? Does pure evil exist? Is it a choice, or just the way you are?"

"I've met some garbage people, but I haven't met someone who was pure evil. Maybe regular evil but-" Johni shrugged. "I think evil's out there, but I guess I'd reserve that for demons, and I guess that's nature? People can be prone to be bad though, and they choose that shit."

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    "I agree with the notion that none is pure evil. That is something no one can achieve even if he tried." A004 thought back at the High Command. He beared a big grudge against them, but he tried to make an impartial judgement.

"Probably the only 'evil' where I come from, is the High Command. Anything else fells like it's just the aftermath of their corruption. But even in that case, they can't be described as entirely evil. They have done whatever they could to protect humans, although they probably had put their own interests first and saving humanity was just a secondary objective. Of course, I will still try to fight their evil and end their tyrrany once and for all. Some good actions don't erase mountains of pain and torture."
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

Derrick crossed his and shook his head. "Evil definitely exists. If one can choose to act selfless, help others, and generally do what is good, then people can definitely choose to act selfish, actively seek to harm others, and do other bad things. And that's just it. We choose whether or not to be evil on a day to day basis. We can be coerced and persuaded but we are the ones to ultimately make the choice. And before you get into the whole ethical relativism debate with me, you can say what you want but this is what I believe and I don't believe there is anything that you could possibly say to change my mind."

The boy took another bite out of his hotdog and paused for a moment. He answered most of the questions but there was still one more to consider. The possibility of pure evil and absolute evil. On one hand, he thinks anyone was capable of commiting pure evil no matter how much he felt like they were. On the other, he was pretty sure supernatural forces existed regularly within gladiatorial system prompting his response.

"I actually do think pure evil or absolute exists," Dozer said with a shrug. "But supernatural entities aside, I don't think humans are capable of being pure evil. Even the person who kidnapped my sister has his own MO and reasoning- as much as I hate to admit it."

"Personally, I think nature plays a bigger part into it than I'd like to admit," Annabelle confessed, "Sure, choices are involved, but some people are sadists while others can't even hunt. People can be broken, but not everyone who breaks slashes with the shards. At the same time though, I wouldn't call it destiny, but there are people whose inner demons are more convincing than others. I believe in evil in that sense, but there's nothing I'd call pure evil. Even the worst things got there somehow." She paused a moment. "If people were able to prove ghosts exist, would you want to visit a real haunted house? Would you want to live in one, or if not, what would it take for you to do so?"

"Depends on the type of haunted. American Horror Story type I'd blanket pass on, but Beetlejuice I wouldn't mind." Johni took a beat. "Well, not actual Beetlejuice, but I wouldn't mind checking out a house with some regular people who just so happened to be dead, so long as it wasn't like, exploiting them. I wouldn't be able to live with something I couldn't see, though. I mean, I'd never be comfortable taking a shower like that. Maybe if they couldn't go through walls or doors, or had some faint shadow or anything like that."

Thread Information