StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The OC Interviews 3

Annabelle let that sit for a moment, thankful she at least didn't know anyone who'd died.

"Shit you guys," She finally, meekly, managed, "I'm really sorry to hear all that." As tempted as she was to shoot Derrick a 'to be fair', she bit her tongue. Thinking of a better life always seemed to be a fairly bright topic.

Clearing her throat however, she managed to proceed. "But if not for the trauma, who you'd be? Like, if you had a normal life, what do you think you'd be doing? I'd mostly be the same, but hopefully in a less awful motel that doesn't devour all of my free time." Her arms crossed subconsciously as she thought. "That said, I don't know what I'd be doing with the time. I've never really had time for hobbies. Maybe I'd watch more movies?"

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    A004 pondered on the queston for a while. Not seeing anyone respond, he decided to go first.

"Now that you mentioned it, I haven`t really thought what my life could have been, if circumstances were different. All I can think of myself doing is... I guess I would be tryng to help other people. In any way shape or form. I would try to ease the pain of hurt and help those troubled. I would simply try to make the world better."

After hearing himself outloud, he tried to say something else, but he just couldn't. It didn't feel right to change anything he had just said. So he just waited for the others' responses.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

"Not too different really," Derrick said with a nonchalant shrug. "I've always tried to help people. I think the only difference would be that I wouldn't be in the thick of the action. Instead of fighting for people's lives, it would probably be small things away where I used to live. I'd still be an avid fan of RHG without knowing all the dirty secrets that surround it. My family grew up watching it."

It was true, his family would all still be in one place and he would have continued his mundane little life as happy as ever. Perhaps he and his sister would even still be fantasizing about what would have happened if they had powers and had become gladiators. Of course that would have meant that he wouldn't have helped anyone else along the way or made the friends that he did, but it wasn't like he would have known better. And it wasn't like anyone would have been doomed up until this point if it weren't for him either, at least not to his knowledge, so it would have been all good.
    Last edited by Urako; 08-28-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

The Father of the Gods SriGraecus's Avatar
    "I don't think too much of my life would change, honestly," Percy commented after listening to the others. Absent-mindedly, he shuffled his deck of cards in his hand, watching his hands just so that he had an excuse not to look at the others. "I think I'd continue being an architect. It might have started off as a front, but I think I've learned to love the job."

He stopped shuffling his cards for a moment to look up at Annabelle, lazily glancing at the others as well.

"Trauma made me stronger, but that's not something that you need in a regular life. I wouldn't mind just...doing what I enjoy. No more fighting and I think I'd be a lot happier that way. Just the planning and actually seeing my work come to life is enough for me." He neglected to mention that, maybe, his loved ones wouldn't have died if he'd never gotten into the whole vigilante business. He did, however, say; "A lot of people would've been better off if I was normal."
    これは 私の遺産.
    (This is my legacy)

(Witness my greatest acomplishment)
    立ち会う私の最大の 成果

Annabelle frowned at Percy's ending statement, although it was hard to refute the point on account of not really knowing the man, and pinpointing how an apprentice architect could bring about hellish death. Maybe they built a crappy building that collapsed on itself? Shaking her head, she just ended up sighing. She wasn't a fan being in arguments with just blanket hopes and opinions on her side.

"Well, we all have to have good memories, right?" Crossing her legs, her eyes drifted between the men, "What's your happiest ones? One growing up, and one post shit hitting the fan." Folding her arms as the door creaked open, she continued: "The first good thing I did, I mean the real first good thing I did, was I started taking care of this stray dog that sometimes wandered in my neighborhood. He was this scared, jumpy pit with half his ear missing, and every day I'd get home from school and put a little bit of food out for him." A soft smile crossed her lips. "It was about a month long campaign, but I was finally able to play with him and convinced my parents to adopt him.

"More recently, it's not strictly speaking ethical, but I discovered my bull-headed tenant has a low tolerance for sleeping pills. He got shot in the neck recently, and while he's technically awake, I'm pretty sure he'd die from a paper cut, so I've been grinding some up in his morning coffee. It's..." She trailed off a moment, trying to find the right word, "Peaceful, knowing he's not out killing himself when he's already on the brink of death."

Watching the door swing open, Annabelle watched a woman maybe a couple years older than her take one of the remaining empty seats, wearily looking at the others as she did.

Spoiler for Johni:

(OOC: If you want to add in another character, that's fine!)
    Last edited by Crank; 08-29-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Spoiler for <Filled Form>:

A large futuristic looking black door with purple energy lights appear at one side of the room before opening with a low hiss as smoke comes out the sides. Obzidias walks out of the thing decked in his full gear without his helm confused, he looked around the room to see other people before walking towards an open seat, he looked at it and looked at himself before deadpanning and moving away from the chair to make a bigger obsidian chair to hold his weight just about beside Annabelle since he somewhat could read emotions in eyes and saw she was a bit excited and intimidated of him probably his size. He turned his head to look around seeing everyone had eyes on him. "Uhh... hi. Am I late?" He asked while turning his head to the much smaller woman.
    Last edited by SH@D0WC0RE; 08-29-2018 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Updated Profile.
    For the glory that is the Epsilon Union!

We have cookies.

My wRHG: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...-Glass-Warrior

Spoiler for <:P>:

"Happy memories?" Derrick remarked as he simply stared into space. He had plenty of them but choosing the right one took a little longer than he had thought it would. "I suppose the whole event that drove me here counts as the 'shit hitting the fan' as you would say. So, I guess one of my happiest memories comes from back when I was in the martial arts club. I wasn't the best and I usually lost, but in one practice tournament, I somehow pulled a win. I even beat a pretty smug guy to get there. It was also my 14th birthday I believe."

He couldn't help but smile a bit at Annabelle's current happy moment. Even if it was unethical, he had a feeling that he knew who it was. Of course, he could be totally wrong and she could be drugging some random guy supposedly for the guy's own good, but he shrugged it off. Annabelle didn't seem like a bad person even if she ran a less than wonderful motel so he wasn't too worried about it.

"Now as for my second memory." Dozer commented. "One of my friends happened to be in town so I gave him a tour of the city. Not really much to say except I don't see him that often now we live in different cities."
    Last edited by Urako; 08-29-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Hearing about what Derrick said, Obzidias stayed silent for a few minutes and seeing as none of the others talked after Derrick, he decided to follow their lead in this Q&A session. "Happiest Memories, and one that happened after shit hit the fan..." Obzidias started, drawing the attention of nearly everyone. "I guess for my happiest memory is when I... well, just... Nnnnrghhh~..." Blushing quite a bit, he unintentionally made a few lean forward a bit in curiosity. "When a girl... Well, said yes..." He finished with an atomic blush.

He felt the arm of the woman beside him poke him a few times and immediately regretting his decision to sit beside her, he sat upright robotically. "MYHAPPIESTMEMORYISWHENMYGIRLFRIENDSAIDYESTOMYPROP OSAL!" He said in an extremely fast manner, hoping no one caught that but noticed some of them smirking at him.

With a blush on his face, he immediately contemplated flipping them off but decided against that as the blush left his face. He looked down now much calmer than his previous flustered state. "As for the second memory. About the rehabilitation of quite the number of individuals with the help of a few and succeeding in my endeavors, regardless of how many times it hurts seeing them flinch at seeing me and the other males despite us not being one of their aggressors. It was still worth it to help them, and that is all I'm willing to indulge on that." Obzidias finished with now an emotionless and flat face.
    Last edited by SH@D0WC0RE; 08-29-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    For the glory that is the Epsilon Union!

We have cookies.

My wRHG: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthre...-Glass-Warrior

Spoiler for <:P>:

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Looking around the room and seeing as more people joined them made A004 really happy. It was all so different from anything he knew. He knew however, how tricky this question was... He thought for a bit, and finally decided he could be fully honest with the people in this room. After all, they had openned themselves up, so why couldn't he?

"To say the truth... I don't trust any of my memories of my childhood. They have more than likely been tampered with and I am not sure for how forward in time this goes. One thing I can do with certainty, is answer the second question. A while ago, after a somewhat ordinary meeting, I went for a walk in the forest near our... living quarters. While I was lost in my thoughts, I saw above me a girl on one of the branches of the trees above me. We later got to know each other and... it really put me out of this constant bad mood. It really helped continue and gave me something."
    Last edited by GreekGladiator; 09-06-2018 at 01:33 AM.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

"We're talking happy memories?" The new girl asked, glancing to the redhead who nodded in reply. "Alright, well..." She took a second, thinking of the best way to word it, "I don't know what kinds of near death experiences you all have had, but sometimes when you think you're gonna die and you suddenly aren't, you get a real high spike of adrenaline. A little over a week ago, I stopped some science-doomsday-cult from ending the world, and when their machine exploded, a black cloud shot out and took me somewhere else, way high in the sky. I was plummeting for, realistically, ten seconds, before I managed to get my wings set up and catch myself, and I saw just the most incredible view. I could see clouds in the distance, gorgeous islands, and all kinds of just awe inspiring landscapes. It felt like I was riding a high while I was up there... until I got shot. Everything went downhill fast from there." She shrugged.

Tapping her knee, she grinned at her younger memory. "I think the happiest I've ever been was when I was about five and a half though. Pop read me bedtime stories almost every night, and Daddy was always in the room to listen too. Well, one of these nights I was following along and I asked if I could try, so he handed me the book, and-" Johni chuckled, "It was a short sentence that I struggled with, but I managed to sound it all out. Pop beamed and nodded when Daddy looked at him for confirmation and then he looked at me like I'd invented science." Her smile broadened a bit. "Like, not something within science, like I'd invented the concept of science. Daddy was so proud! He immediately scooped me up and sprinted outside cheering that I could read as loud as he could, holding me above his head for as long as he could, which was long enough to earn us a noise complaint." She laughed lightly to herself before thinking to clarify something. "Daddy never learned to read himself, which was a little part of why it was such a huge deal for him."

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information