StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Dejeweled Development Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krytical View Post
    Very interested on the math portion, what exactly are you using the dot product for?
    For the wall constraint, the dot product basically gives me the distance that the collided node would have to move away from the wall.

For the door constraint, I haven't tested this but it should give me something like the angle between two vectors - technically it's the cosine of the angle, multiplied by the length of the two vectors, but I'm hoping that won't matter too much...

Does that answer help you at all?
    I believe that games will be as significant a new medium as the printed word ever was, and as powerful a force for change.

I am here to make that happen. Making life more fun

Quote Originally Posted by axcho View Post
    For the wall constraint, the dot product basically gives me the distance that the collided node would have to move away from the wall.
    How are you incorporating matrices?

'If at first you don't succeed you're just about average'

Quote Originally Posted by Krytical View Post
    How are you incorporating matrices?
    No matrix math really, it's just that the positions and velocities and such are 2D vectors. Is that what you mean?
    I believe that games will be as significant a new medium as the printed word ever was, and as powerful a force for change.

Ah understood, thanks.

'If at first you don't succeed you're just about average'

Just a quick note - I've moved the Dejeweled image and swf hosting to my deviantART scraps. The concept art should be back up on the front page.

Okay. I'm moving this stuff over to an actual blog, the Dejeweled Development Blog. I'll probably be discontinuing use of this thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information