StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Possible Writing Website

Possible Writing Website

Where it's at

Early stages, nothing's set in stone, but I like the name and logo.

What's Next

Just starting, found my old files, kinda lucked out. Gotta make an about page, intro text and fish around forum options.

To Do List

Fill out pages
    Forums
    -Find working one
    -Set up threads/topics
    Set up Substitute wRHG system

What's Needed

Since it's a writing site, I need stories to build a gallery with. Library with? Ideally nothing that actually has 'RHG' on it. I'm not a lawyer, but I think we'll have to rebrand it. On that note, for lore, should we add a bit? I feel like we should, but in a way that we leave it open to use all kinds of characters

Also, any input would be great!

How to Submit

Apparently Google feels like making me jump through some hoops, so I won't be able to format/download anything I'm sent, so any stories you want up, I'll need a PDF of. For consistency sake, I'll also take a title page with a chapter name/number if applicable, and who it's by, ideally with the username you'd use if this all pans out. For readability, the title should be font 36, and everything else should be 18.

After that, I'll need an email, unless you know of another way to send/upload files. For now, dancrankkubacki@gmail.com is fine, but I'd likely get something snazzier after the domain is bought

Spoiler for How to make a Google Doc a PDF:
    Last edited by Crank; 05-30-2019 at 07:48 PM.

I have a short story. It’s only 1000 words but it’s funny considering the source material. This is nothing about rhg but about a discord raid on one of my more favored servers. It’s not exactly what happened but it’s close enough.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...WbCd8CAUPktFYo

I will later turn tink into a less rhg character and send you a thingy.

And maybe you should slightly alter the symbol so that the “W” is a part of the web.

Instead of rock hard gladiators why not go for Warriors or written warriors. Keep the W in the theme.
    Last edited by Piston1937; 05-07-2019 at 11:53 PM.
    Availability : Come get me when your ready.

I don't think we should be bound to the 'w', that was just there as 'x' apposed to 'y', and warriors is a pretty broad term

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Of course you can put my story in it too. If you want to have a single chapter I can create a new doc where only the prologue is in. I could actually break up the whole story into single chapters and keep it whole at the same time. although here on OLit I'd keep it as it is.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

Thank you! Separate chapters would actually be a huge help since I can't edit anything I upload, so I'd have to update all the links everywhere every time anything changes.

Apparently I can't download PDFs from google, and it seems imgur won't upload PDFs, so I might actually need submitting emailed to me, unless someone else knows a file share that could handle it. I'll add submitting steps to the top

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    Well then, PM me an email adress and I will send you the files.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    How to Submit

Apparently Google feels like making me jump through some hoops, so I won't be able to format/download anything I'm sent, so any stories you want up, I'll need a PDF of. For consistency sake, I'll also take a title page with a chapter name/number if applicable, and who it's by, ideally with the username you'd use if this all pans out. For readability, the title should be font 36, and everything else should be 18.

After that, I'll need an email, unless you know of another way to send/upload files. For now, dancrankkubacki@gmail.com is fine, but I'd likely get something snazzier after the domain is bought

Spoiler for How to make a Google Doc a PDF:
    Heh, right there

http://optimumorigins.com/wip/web/index.html

Busy couple days, but here it is a little more filled out with what Greek sent me. All goes well I'll have the library page made late tomorrow, and an about drafted up Monday

Awesome! Keep up the good work, Crank!
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Out of curiosity, how do you "log on" to writer's web? I've noticed that some people have been able to post stories there. How does that work?
    I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you're not afraid to admit it then paste this into your signature.

I am a self-proclaimed wRHG fight instigator.

Here is my wRHG character Dozer!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information