StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!

Thread: SAMAEL: The Human-Alphegerai Hybrid

SAMAEL: The Human-Alphegerai Hybrid

Samael and Atrocitraitor

"We spill blood with the greatest ease,
    Our evil hearts we seek to please,
    When black as night our souls appear,
    Atrocitraitor, teach us fear."

SPECIES INFO

It Is Taking Over

Human-Alphegerai Hybrid – Samael is human, but his powers exist as a separate entity…his Alphegerai side. This “bad side” used to be a lover of all things cruel and evil. Nowadays though, he’s just a sour old serpent who loves to get on Samael’s nerves. The Alphegerai is trapped and kept under control by Samael’s human side. The two have frequent, intense arguments with each other, the human side usually wanting to exercise caution, while the Alphegerai side just wants the freedom to power surge and destroy everything in its path. Only Samael can hear the Alphegerai in his head, which can be quite distracting. The worst part? The Alphegerai can’t hear Samael unless he talks loudly (he can whisper though, and it would hear him…so that’s a small perk).

The Alphegerai looks like a grey, semi-transparent snaky cloud creature with four long tentacles sprouting almost midway down its length. Samael is the only one who can see it. Periodically, red lightning will crackle across the Alphegerai’s smoky skin.

The Alphegerai seems to be the cause of Samael’s unnaturally long life and allows him to survive the most extreme damage imaginable.

Appearance

Spoiler for info:

Personality

Spoiler for info:

Abilities

Spoiler for info:

Weaknesses

Spoiler for WARNING! Text walls incoming!!!:

Backstory

Spoiler for info:

Demo

Spoiler for info:

STORY POWERS

Spoiler for info:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Spoiler for info:

Wins/Losses/Ties/Forfeits

0/0/0/0

AVAILABLE TO FIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Samael
    "I will make your breaking point last forever."
    Last edited by Cassandra; 05-16-2019 at 11:56 AM. Reason: slight mods to 'Human-Alphegerai Hybrid'

Um. Sorry i have to ask this but how do i fight this guy and win?

Like matthew I can’t see a way to win without doing some god playing. A healing factor like that with those kind of powers seems like it would be near impossible to win. I will of course try and i am currently doing so but it’s extremely hard to find a way to win.
    Availability : Come get me when your ready.

Okay, I fixed a Surge duration (2 minutes max), edited the personality a bit, and added a helpful 'COMBAT TACTICS' part under Abilities. When Samael and Alph go up against Tink, I doubt they'd see him as worth a Surge, unless he tries to blow them sky high with some hodgepodge explosive. Also, Samael no longer has any regeneration outside of a Surge; he's just a slightly enhanced human with tough, flight-incapable wings.
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Keyboard smasher GreekGladiator's Avatar
    I am gonna pretend like I know what I'm talking about in this post.

When I tried imagining Tink fighting Samael after reading through him a bit, I thought of someone like Hawkeye fighting Thor. I know it's a very good analogy, but only that popped up in my mind and I am not gonna think harder on this.

The main problem here is that in this subforum, some people create normal characters with one or two gimmicks that makes them unique and gives them their power and some people make characters that are, by their own nature or by something "aquired" by them beforehand, extremely strong and such they have to put some arbitrary restrictions on them to make them actually fightable. I can see where this is happening because I too did this both the times I created a wRHG character and both times it didn't work out. I understand how nice it feels when you are creating such an in-depth and fleshed out character, but when the time comes for a fight with someone "normal" it isn't nearly as interesting.

Those kind of god-tier characters make for some really cool fights against something like a robot army, but on 1v1 duels, especially against someone weak(in comparison) like Tink, everyone knows the result.

Focusing again on Samael, just nerfing him feels kinda odd. It seems like an arbitrary patch in order to fit into a specific limit. Something that also stood out(to me at least) was how he's immune to magic and psychic powers. Just like that. Of course, I understand it has to do with his Alphegerai form, but it just reminds me of pokemon cards where one type of pokemon is weak against one and strong against another. Although it has a logical and coherent explanation, the problem is it's there in the first place. Depending on the opponent, the fight is heavily skewed to either side from the getgo.

Again, I understand why people create characters like this and I am not judging that. Hopefully I managed to put my thoughts into words well enough.
    My wRHG: The Elementalist Not active

Check out my story on OLit: Unnamed garbage
    Spoiler for Truth:

Hmmm...I should remove his magic immunity. If he was immune, why did I say in the Weaknesses that he’d die if he absorbed a magical-based attack?

EDIT: Removed magical immunity and added magic as a weakness. Surge now lasts for 1 minute instead of two.
    Last edited by Cassandra; 05-11-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    "Where all other art fails to survive; only the ones that fight back will live."

My wRHG, Samael

Thread Information