StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

Tell me a little about yourself Xyskal. I can't trust just anyone.

Theoretically, we could luckily chain random vote ourselves to victory if we guess right twice ahaha.

Anyway, #vote Smile because why not.

Also, Exile has always been the guy to point out the statistics. It doesn't seem odd to me that he does this now.

Spoiler for :

Quote Originally Posted by Xyskal View Post
    Now, seeing all that math an effort being put into finding the most efficient way to end things is rather suspicious Exile, I can't help but feel something is off about that.
    I nominate Exile.
    That's not even what I was doing.

Hope you understand that the point of the game isn't to make lazy accusations, I know we don't have a lot to go off of but do you really think explaining the odds we should expect is suspicious of something? Or are you just stirring the pot because you don't really know what else to do?

I'm concerned there won't be any real good justification for voting for someone considering there's only 5 of us. Discussion seems light and no one seems concerned about having any kind of plan aside from Smile, whose plan of "random voting to help the bots" is demonstrably wrong, although he didn't elaborate much about what he's trying to do.

The vote might need to be based on a lack of willingness or ability to help the bots win rather than chasing this vague idea that someone seems 'suspicious'.

I'll pick what seems like a good starting point for discussion. How do you guys expect the rest of this day to go? Do you see yourself playing any significant part in it? Any ideas for what can be done to help maximize the bots' chances with today's vote?
    Last edited by Exile; 09-01-2019 at 12:07 PM.

#unvote ErrorBlender

I know for sure I'm a bot. There are two other bots, and two mods. That's a 50% chance that Error (or literally anyone else other than myself) is a mod. Worst case scenario is that I get a bot lynched on day 1. That leaves these scenarios:

Daddy kills Mommy, Mommy kills Daddy, bots win.
    Daddy kills bot, Mommy kills bot, mods win.
    Daddy kills Mommy, Mommy fails to kill bot, day 2 with 1 mod and 2 bots.
    Mommy kills Daddy, Daddy fails to kill bot, day 2 with 1 mod and 2 bots.

Even with the worst case scenario, that's still a 50% chance of winning with arbitrary voting even if we move on to night 2. I'll admit it's not exactly "in favor" of bots, but it's not exactly detrimental either.

My point is, a bot looking to pick for who to vote for wouldn't say he has a 2/5 chance of success on day 1 because he already knows he's a bot. To him, it's just a 2/4. This is not a matter of who's math was correct, but how you look at the math. Basing on your reaction it looks to me like you see the game from the perspective of a mod, so #vote Exile

Quote Originally Posted by Smile
    My point is, a bot looking to pick for who to vote for wouldn't say he has a 2/5 chance of success on day 1 because he already knows he's a bot. To him, it's just a 2/4.
    And that would be relevant if:

A) I was the only one deciding the vote, and
    B) I'm immune to being voted out

I wasn't at any point spelling out my personal approach to who I'll vote for. As a group we're faced with a 60% chance of killing a bot with a random vote. I can't remove myself from the equation since, as we see right here, people can still vote for me and I'm still capable of being killed. My perspective only matters to me, trying to tell the town what to do based on the knowledge that I'm a bot relies on everyone believing I'm a bot which no one has any clear reason to do.

Your line of reasoning honestly makes no sense and I have no idea why you would think my attempt to summarize the odds we can expect is anti-town behavior. If I'm a bot then you know you're potentially killing a strong ally, and for what? Because I correctly spelled out the games odds objectively instead of subjectively? When there are other people who are clearly doing nothing to help the team? This is just reckless and you're acting like someone who doesn't need to be concerned about who gets lynched which only describes the mods.

I'd rather vote for Bob or Cronos than you at this point just because of their inactivity but you're starting to worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile
    My point is, a bot looking to pick for who to vote for wouldn't say he has a 2/5 chance of success on day 1 because he already knows he's a bot. To him, it's just a 2/4.

As a group we're faced with a 60% chance of killing a bot with a random vote. I can't remove myself from the equation since, as we see right here, people can still vote for me and I'm still capable of being killed. My perspective only matters to me, trying to tell the town what to do based on the knowledge that I'm a bot relies on everyone believing I'm a bot which no one has any clear reason to do.

Your line of reasoning honestly makes no sense and I have no idea why you would think my attempt to summarize the odds we can expect is anti-town behavior. If I'm a bot then you know you're potentially killing a strong ally, and for what? Because I correctly spelled out the games odds objectively instead of subjectively? When there are other people who are clearly doing nothing to help the team? This is just reckless and you're acting like someone who doesn't need to be concerned about who gets lynched which only describes the mods.

I'd rather vote for Bob or Cronos than you at this point just because of their inactivity but you're starting to worry me. The two votes against me so far are based on practically nothing and neither seem concerned about the potential of losing me as an ally. Something to keep in mind if I'm killed and my alignment is confirmed.

Oh dear, a double post. Now make it a triple.

Clearly bot behavior. Only a mod would clean this shit up right?

Very clearly, Exile is a bot. He's following the spam algorithms.

#unvote Smile

Looking at how things are and that we still do have some time, I'd rather we pressure out Cronos and Xyskal. Since the only way to actually get information right now is to talk to one another, then we have to get the others to talk too. Cronos really hasn't done anything so... #vote Cronos

From a bots perspective, he could vote 50/50; from a mod perspective, it would be 25/75. I don't think it matters perspective wise? Because no one really knows who is their enemy, we technically have two serial killers who don't work together unless they are coincidentally the only ones left but I am in favor of arbitral voting. Though getting it right would still need a consensus of which we cant get if the two others won't speak up much.

Spoiler for :

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

As a group we're faced with a 60% chance of killing a bot with a random vote. I can't remove myself from the equation since, as we see right here, people can still vote for me and I'm still capable of being killed. My perspective only matters to me, trying to tell the town what to do based on the knowledge that I'm a bot relies on everyone believing I'm a bot which no one has any clear reason to do.

I'd rather vote for Bob or Cronos than you at this point just because of their inactivity but you're starting to worry me. The two votes against me so far are based on practically nothing and neither seem concerned about the potential of losing me as an ally. Something to keep in mind if I'm killed and my alignment is confirmed.
    The fact that you're not the only one deciding who to lynch and that you can still get lynched are irrelevant to who you should vote for. It seems to me like you're trying to make a decision for the group at a time where nobody has anything to go for other than their personal biases. Leading a moblynch is fine if there's currently a plan where full cooperation would leave the town to be more likely in a better spot, but right now the only time that will happen is if a mod catastrophically fucks up.

My vote for you can be argued as flimsy, but knowing I'm a bot I don't think it's a reckless one. It's up to rest to decide whether they agree with me, disagree, or vote a different way based on a different reason.

With that said, #unvote Exile because I do agree that Cronos and Xyskal needs to have some input before we can more forward.

Honestly since the group is so small would any sort of plan be distuingishable from just killing someone randomly at this point? Like Smile said, I think the only choice we could make that actually impacts anything would be acting on our biases, which honestly don't really have much of an impact either. Anyway, #Vote Exile.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Looking at how things are and that we still do have some time, I'd rather we pressure out Cronos and Xyskal.
    How exactly would you go about doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Tell me a little about yourself Xyskal. I can't trust just anyone.
    Well Cronos, I joined in 2015, and I pass the time by listening to faux religious choir groups, diligently following all of the stickpage forum rules and endlessly pining for Exile's execution. Nothing fulfills me more than smashing rocks larger than my foot with my old, rusty sledgehammer. Sometimes, I even imagine the rocks are Exile, and my hammer is an executioner's sword with the phrase "When I raise this sword, so I wish that this poor sinner will receive eternal life." inscribed on the side.
    Last edited by Xyskal; 09-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information