StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

C'mon xate, this isn't your first rodeo. The mafia's goal is to blend in with the town, it's the town's goal to root them out. This game is no different.

Exile is Thanos confirmed

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

In your deepest fantasy. poppetje3D's Avatar
    Damn good point exile IS Thanos

So what I can glean from the roles is that, much like Xate pointed out, is that there are no faction revealing roles. What we do have is a bodyguard for Mod roles which activates regardless of their faction. This is however, still a 1 in 16 chance. I don't have much of a plan to point out but we have Animators and Regular users who reveal themselves outright when using their Day Abilities. Falsifying these abilities is impossible and is at the risk of revealing themselves but since faction isn't tied to roles, then I don't see much of a risk for them. (If they were confirmed to be at least telling the truth, there are ways to change their roles up. Like, maybe Sectionals.)

I know that the plan of using an Animator to check out someone, then have a Regular user Report that Animator or the Animator's target is flawed (what if both are Hackers, gasp) but that's the most I can come up with now.
    Last edited by ErrorBlender; 09-19-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Spoiler for :

I'm struggling to think whether or not it'd be good for the town if I were to reveal my role, but to follow Exile's lead I'm not a bot. I'll try to think about it more later but I'm at work atm.

I'll join in. I'm not a Bot.

Spoiler for :

Which is exactly what a bot would say.

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

7 of the 16 roles can kill the bot with their ability. Even if you're mafia it's in your best interest to state whether or not you're a bot.

The more I look at these roles the more I think it'd be best if we put us all on even footing and claim roles, the ex-mods are the only thing keeping that from being a good idea at this point.

Maybe it'd be best for the town to just wholly ignore all of these roles since they barely make any difference when it comes to rooting out the mafia. Just a thought. It'd be nice to hear some other ideas.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-20-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Well, since the roles themselves are entirely neutral, I suppose we'll need to keep an eye on who targets who, and when they use them. Would it be a good idea to encourage a specific group of users to role claim?
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Yes, this is the third time I'm saying this now, we need people to claim whether or not they're the bot.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information