StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 312

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

  1. #121
    Blending City ErrorBlender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I also said I disagree on the notion of a random lynch without information.

    The main message of my response with Xyskal was that we're probably jumping the gun too quickly with what little information we have on our hands. I'd say let's get the needed data we need then we make a vote with that supporting data. It's way better than accidentally lynching a townie (A 75% chance v.s a 25% chance in hitting a mafia).
    However, we don't have a reliable way of getting surefire information unless roles begin to use powers. What I suggested earlier, which I will also note will be very difficult to pull of since the possibility of the Animator and/or Regular could be Maf, would be the Animator to duel and then the Regular to Report. It would confirm roles and lessen the pool. It's what you're suggesting too:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Here is my suggestion:
    My idea is to meet halfway -- I'd say those who are Bots, Animators, Regular Users, Sectional Mods, and Global Mods should definitely role claim. Bots need to role claim as stated in my Input (1a) and the rest I listed also needs to role claim because these are the roles that has the potential to reveal other roles (See table below), so we can have a gameplan -- Alternatively, we can just decide on a mass role claim but still focus on these roles I listed.

    I haven't thought out about the details yet but one of the things we can do is keep the animators role constant (No one should swap or call them out to drop their roles) as these are the players that can check roles daily. If in the event there are more than 3 regular users, we can use the 2 to call out themselves as to get another role card in the pool that could help us out better (My minimum number to keep is 1 Regular user, just in case the mafia is a bot and we can use this info).
    I feel bad that you didn't mention my plan. Albeit I understand if you didn't get it, I may not have been able to get my idea as clear out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    #Smile - RHG Duel - Poppetje3D
    But I guess we're going for it.

    I was going to reply more but everytime I refresh theres a new post already.



    Spoiler for :

  2. #122
    ★★★★★ Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    However, we don't have a reliable way of getting surefire information unless roles begin to use powers.
    Yeah, there's no worry there as that's what we should actually be doing but I would've preferred it if our decision making on who to use it on would be most effective.

    Let's say Smile's animator usage right now against Poppet resulted in Poppet being a bot -- This could've been just stated on Day 1, Smile uses his ability on another player (Whether someone who is suspicious or who claims an important role but we want to verify), and then on Day 2, he can use it to verify if what Poppet is saying is true or not (If he lied, then he's suspicious and if he told the truth, then nothing should happen since Animators can't kill bots). Of course, Smile could have his own reasons for doing so, which is why I asked him in my previous post.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    What I suggested earlier, which I will also note will be very difficult to pull of since the possibility of the Animator and/or Regular could be Maf, would be the Animator to duel and then the Regular to Report. It would confirm roles and lessen the pool. It's what you're suggesting too.

    I feel bad that you didn't mention my plan. Albeit I understand if you didn't get it, I may not have been able to get my idea as clear out there.
    Ah, yeah, sorry about that. I went through all of the posts and I was honestly confused with that one so I just skimmed over it since no one continued your discussion (And most likely because I was reading through it at 1 in the morning).



    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    But I guess we're going for it.

    I was going to reply more but everytime I refresh theres a new post already.
    I just hope we're not wasting our abilities as that's what the Mafia would want us to do. Anyway, I've backtracked and here's a log of current players with their possible roles and remarks -- I think keeping tab of who's who and what they're doing would be beneficial for us.

    (1) Smile - Animator (Role) //Used ability to Poppet
    (2) Exile - ??? (Role)
    (3) Xate - ??? (Role)
    (4) Error - ??? (Role) //Not a bot
    (5) Arch - ??? (Role) //Not a bot
    (6) Poppet - ??? (Role)
    (7) Xyskal - ??? (Role)
    (8) Zero - Regular User (Role) //For confirmation
    Last edited by Zero; 09-22-2019 at 12:47 AM.




    ​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

    RHG

  3. #123
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    I just learnt that the Animator reveal is actually private. This raises concerns about the possibility of lying about it. Of course, this means that if one of them is lying, we pretty much narrowed down 1 of the mafias.
    If you read this and you plan on lynching one of them, yer a mafia, lol. git bamboozled.
    And if they both lie (which we don't know), and we kill one of them and they're actually mafia, then the other must be, too.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  4. #124
    Blending City ErrorBlender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,425
    The plan would have been to have an Animator duel someone then tell us the result. The Regular would then either Report either one to clarify who lied or if both are honest. It isnt a factional thing were after with this, were after role pool information.



    Spoiler for :

  5. #125
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    Ah, I see. So the 2nd case of both people lying is impossible unless there's no regular user. Which we have one right now.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  6. #126
    Junior Memeber Smile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    5,394
    I chose Poppet because he amen'd he's not a bot, Arch brought him up, and he does kind of give me a mafia vibe.

    There are 5 regular users in a pool of 16 roles with 8 players. While statistically not impossible, I don't think we'd ever have a shortage of regular user, so one of them losing their ability is not as big a deal as losing other roles. That said, if you use a regular user on Poppet, then that means Poppet gets a NEW role that we don't know AND the regular user loses his ability. It wouldn't do anything but confirm what I already said which is useless at this point because it won't even convince anyone that I'm 100% town. Like you guys said, roles aren't tied to factions so a townie could lie about a role to protect the town or a mafia can tell the truth to hurt the town.

    The main reason I chose to use my ability was because it would stimulate discussion. I'm sure that whatever comes out of it we'd have more insight about the rest of the players.

    The second reason was that I'd like to suggest the global moderator, if he exists, to sockpuppet me and rhg battle another player, that way we'd have more info to go with on day 1. This wouldn't work if a regular user uses his ability on me and I lose my power, so if any of you guys want to report someone I'd suggest holding off using it on me. It not only would give the town less information than we would otherwise but it also removes from the town an information gathering day ability.

    Hewitt hasn't gotten back to me yet btw.

  7. #127
    salad days are gone Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cydonia
    Posts
    8,457
    I really don't think these role claims are a great idea but I guess we're past that at this point.

    I'm a troll and I don't intend to use my ability tonight. I'm also not expecting to make it to round 2 considering the way these games usually go but I guess we'll see. If a regular user wants to use their ability on me and swap me out for another role that might not be a bad idea.

    My biggest concern at this point is that the focus on these roles and abilities is just giving the mafia a metagame that they can fully participate in without putting themselves at risk in any significant way, and gain the town's trust in the process.
    Last edited by Exile; 09-22-2019 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #128
    Artist/Animator Arch-Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,540
    Let’s get some more role claims. I’m at work and have some other stuff I’m gonna say and I’ll claim my role in that post.

    `~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`


  9. #129
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Back when we used to run mafia frequently, Xate was almost always the first one to go for some reason. Something about the way he plays just attracts votes. I'm really not liking his approach so far, asking dumb questions instead of contributing in any meaningful way, but I don't think he's much of a priority target. I'm not liking how quickly and easily Poppet jumped on that vote either.
    Does it mean I am the real Hewitt all along?

    Jokes aside, I am very suspicious of Poppete because of how easy he voted along, as per Exile's observation. Smile's vote makes sense, so I don't doubt him as much. I'll vote for Poppete and see what happens.

    #vote poppetje3D

    As for why I ask dumb questions. Well, Smile's reaction and others reacting to "foolishness" gave us quite more clues. I can't reach Exile's level of thinking, or Zero's meticulous note taking, but I sure as hell can Hewitt my way into information, lol.

    And as food for thought, people can potentially behave differently when they're under stress, or have something to hide. Which makes it a strategy if you are a mafia to be quiet with few posts to make your future actions consistent with your current one. This strategy wouldn't really work if you're a first timer, but it could help signal who's acting outside their norm.

    I should know, I read an article online about psychology. That'd make me a qualified forum professional.
    Last edited by Xate; 09-22-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  10. #130
    ★★★★★ Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Posts
    4,785
    I'll use my ability to bring Exile out of the "Troll" role and give him a more useful one for the starting phases (Troll's with the highest possible night ban%) because he's been playing as a townie all throughout as far as I'm concerned. Plus, this decision wouldn't bite back in the ass even if he was a mafia as this role would actually be more dangerous in the long run and he'll need to play accordingly like a townie regardless, so it's beneficial for us either way:

    #Zero - Report Button - Exile (Troll)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Jokes aside, I am very suspicious of Poppete because of how easy he voted along, as per Exile's observation. Smile's vote makes sense, so I don't doubt him as much. I'll vote for Poppete and see what happens.

    #vote poppetje3D
    For someone who got suspicious when a player easily voted along, you sure are doing the same thing by voting him as well and not having a good reason as to why except for "Let's see what happens".
    Last edited by Zero; 09-22-2019 at 10:24 PM.




    ​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

    RHG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •