StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

I really hope you didn't switch your vote because I didn't reply on discord for a few hours. There's this new thing called sleep.

In the end, it’s all about the gut feeling. Proofs can be distorted by perception. Intention behind words can be falsified.

#vote Zero
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

I really hope you didn't switch your vote because I didn't reply on discord for a few hours. There's this new thing called sleep.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

In the end, guts can be manipulated, as humans usually deceive themselves with biases.

#vote Zero

Jokes aside, as some of you may have guessed: the actual arguments take place in Discord, hence the bare bone posts today.

To put the development bluntly:

1. Both Exile and Zero voted for me.

2. Zero mentioned a gamble: if Exile voted for me without explanations, then he's Mafia. If he doesn't, I die, we lose.

2,25. I sent a message to Exile about a certain gamble by Zero to mess with the information balance.

2,5. Zero claimed to try to provoke Exile with an "I have no idea what Xate is doing", unaware of his knowledge of the gamble.

3. Exile followed along :^)

4. Zero followed along :^)

5. I followed my own way :^) successfully turning a 0% gamble into a 50% gamble. Now all I need to do is figuring out who's more suspicious between these 2.

And now, here are the arguments I've heard from both of them regarding this gamble:

0. Why did they vote for me in the first place?
    0.5. Sometimes, it's not because I'm THAT suspicious. It's because the other guy is almost spotless.

1. Why would Zero/Exile propose/follow this gamble to change the vote, assuming they're the Mafia? (Central argument)

1.a: Zero the mafia would try to make an insurance in case I went wild or Exile betraying him by convincing me to vote for Exile. Furthermore, by framing it as a "gamble", if Exile does not vote for me, Zero can claim the gamble failed. If he did, then gamble succeeded! In both cases, Zero isn't the target and the result is dependent on Exile's action or inaction.

1.b: Exile the Mafia would grab the opportunity to dunk on Zero who'd tricked him because of the insurance: my active suggestion and involvement that could be used as a scapegoat. Furthermore, I am way easier to trick than Zero.

2. What were their other arguments not to vote for them?

2.a: Why did Exile suggest to Hewitt to end the day early, as if I'm already dead?

2.b: Why did neither of them follow the easy route of not changing their votes?

3. How did they play as townies in the forum?

-Poppete's situation? Exile was the immediate post to call out Poppete's eerily fast vote. Zero questioned Smile's use of the Animator role over asking Poppete directly.

-Xyskal's death? Xyskal insisted on investigating Xyskal's death, which was mentioned by many on later days as being a red herring.

-Error's lynch? Exile bandwagon after Arch.

-Arch's death? Zero also withheld information regarding Arch's death. Arch is as equally important to Exile (his target) as does Zero (a person who he hasn't talked a lot to unlike me AND can be used to frame Exile).

-Smile's death? Getting rid of the third person when Zero had contact with both Exile and me. Exile could keep me alive as an obvious target for Zero.

4. Personal idea?

Sometimes, both choices are almost equivalent. That is why it's time to gamble! Let what remains to be said be stated on the forum themselves.
    Last edited by Xate; 10-07-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Just an average person

Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    3. How did they play as townies in the forum?
    I'm going to make my defense here in the forums because doing it privately in discord doesn't sit right with me -- Whilst it was indeed fast paced where I needed to respond immediately in PM, I believe it has simmered down and we've reached our last spurt in this discussion. Thus, it's only right I state my arguments in full view for everyone to see, both Xate and Exile.

-Poppete's situation? Exile was the immediate post to call out Poppete's eerily fast vote. Zero questioned Smile's use of the Animator role over asking Poppete directly.
    And I had every right to do so by questioning Smile. I have questioned every single player in the match that has used their ability in order to know their logic behind it and I don't think it's fair you'd use that against me when you yourself agreed that discussion is what would lead the town forward -- How are we supposed to discuss and reason out when no one would point things out?

-Xyskal's death? Zero insisted on investigating Xyskal's death, which was mentioned by many on later days as being a red herring.
    I insisted only towards Exile because of 2 reasons (Reasons which we both already talked about but I will restate it for your sake):
    (1) Exile made a statement that he has nothing to bring new to the table but he didn't respond to my discussion point about Xyskal's death -- Of course, this brought up my suspicion towards him (Not a lot but it was worth checking out anyway when there was little to nothing left to discuss) and that's something I decided would be worthy to make the call out on
    (2) Day 2's discussion came to a crawl -- No one was bringing up new things to the table and even Arch stated that he himself voted for Error just to progress the game forward. I wanted to exhaust all possible options and I noticed that no one was talking about Xyskal's death, so I brought it up. It may seem little to you but for me, anything helps, especially when the town stops in its tracks.

-Arch's death? Zero also withheld information regarding Arch's death. Arch is as equally important to Exile (his target) as does Zero (a person who he hasn't talked a lot to unlike me AND can be used to frame Exile).
    I withheld information on Arch because I had grounds to believe that in our 4 player roster, you and Exile were mafia (A 50-50 split) at that point in time and I wanted to use it to gain information based on N3's nightkill (Using Arch's death as a support) -- To which when Smile died, I came to the assessment that it is more likely that Exile would be the to kill him off as Arch was amongst the townies who were willing to go against him (A power player so to speak). It's not a significant finding if I'm honest with you but it's an information I got out of it (A supporting one at least).

-Smile's death? Getting rid of the third person when Zero had contact with both Exile and me. Exile could keep me alive as an obvious target for Zero.
    I believe I already gave my assessment on this to you in PM but Smile was also another power player within our 4-player roster. As I stated, in D3, I openly stated that you were my top pick for lynching, so it'd only make sense if Exile would pick him off as that would benefit him greatly for in the last day. Honestly, either me or Smile could be picks because both of us had good reasons to vote you but any of us could've worked within his plan because he knew we both had you for the top pick.

The only difference is that I took a step back and didn't gun for your death which would've resulted in town's immediately loss.
    Last edited by Zero; 10-08-2019 at 12:50 AM.

... ... ... ... ...

RHG

I have asked Xate to make his final choice and looks like he's not changing his vote now so let's end this properly:

The Infraction/Ban Thread reads the following:

Spoiler for Admin Message:

And with that, our game concludes! My God. This is I feel the best game I've ever run and the best game everyone has ever played. My actual post-game will come soon, but now I open the thread back up for all our players dead and/or alive to discuss this grand setup of a game. I am sure you all have been dying to comment on this for the past few weeks and days.

So let's have it. What were your thoughts and feelings and who am I kidding can we all just talk about how DIABOLICAL Zero is. Absolutely diabolical!

Btw, I most of you might know, we are taking a break from Mafia and playing a more lighthearted chaotic one next. More details on that one later, for now we talk Mafia.
    Last edited by Hewitt; 10-08-2019 at 01:27 AM.

What a joyride!

For anyone wondering why I didn't kill Exile: It definitely wasn't because keeping him alive was the highest win rate % nor did I have an elaborate scheme that involved him. For Day 4, I've already calculated that the highest win % for me was either killing Exile or not killing anyone at all. I kept Exile alive this long mostly because for the entertainment value and it was nice for once to let him live longer than Day 1. Would I do it again? Of course I would but only to mess around with him and probably lead him to meta me if he lives longer than a day haha.

In fact, most of my decisions in this game had the factor to entertain everyone and whilst I didn't succeed in winning, I am glad that I succeeded in making it fun for everyone (Probably less for Xyskal -- Sorry buddy). With that said, I kept giving Hewitt my plans (Loads of them) and that was also fun to do. Day 4 for me was the best day just because of how exciting it was.

My only mistake in this game was that I planned too much and prioritized entertainment over winning on the last day. If I didn't act in Day 4, I would've won with Xate's death and that would be that. However, I don't feel bad with my decision because that meant I was able to participate in the adrenaline filled exchange of me, Xate, and Exile (Xate with so much growth compared to Day 1 and Exile being an amazing player to go against) and gave you guys an amazing final showdown (That you didn't even see lmao).

If ever there's another mafia game, I can hopefully hop in and use the lessons I made in this game to improve my plays. Anyway, GG and WP to everyone! It was a blast!
    Last edited by Zero; 10-08-2019 at 06:02 AM.

... ... ... ... ...

RHG

Told your arrogant ass betch lmao

Good game wish yall posted here more during day 4.

#vote Zero being the best mafia since Exile
    Last edited by Smile; 10-08-2019 at 09:37 AM.

A loss is a loss~

Yeah, it was too fast paced at that point, so posting here wouldn't be the most efficient way of playing in D4 lmao.

... ... ... ... ...

RHG

awesome
    Fantastic game everyone! It was fun to read. I was talking with Hewitt the whole time giving him guesses as to who the mafia was. Zero was literally my last "guess" if you wanna call it that. Hewitt had to practically tell me who it was haha. Hopefully next time I'll be able to participate!

Thread Information