StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 312

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

  1. #161
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    My role is similar to Error’s: a mod role. Global? Sectional? Ex-mod? I know I am not a regular user, that’s for sure.

    Will the hackers take my bait and waste their night kill on me? Or will I contribute something of value tomorrow in my bet to psyche hackers out?

    As for how misleading and non-value my questions are, Zero, it’s just who I am, intellectually wise. I am no Exile’s level of smart. :P
    Last edited by Xate; 09-25-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  2. #162
    Blending City ErrorBlender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    My role is similar to Error’s: a mod role. Global? Sectional? Ex-mod? I know I am not a regular user, that’s for sure.

    Will the hackers take my bait and waste their night kill on me? Or will I contribute something of value tomorrow in my bet to psyche hackers out?

    As for how misleading and non-value my questions are, Zero, it’s just who I am, intellectually wise. I am no Exile’s level of smart. :P
    Your confusing words don't help your standing.

    (1) Smile - Animator (Role) //Confirmed
    (2) Exile - Regular User (Role) //Not confirmed. (Used ability on Poppet as of this typing.)
    (3) Xate - ??? (Role) //Not a bot //Not a Troll //Not a Regular //Claims a Mod Role (Ex, Sectional, Global)
    (4) Error - ??? (Role) //Not a bot //Claims a Mod Role (Ex, Sectional, Global)
    (5) Arch - Regular User(Role) //Confirmed
    (6) Poppet - Sectional Mod (Role) //Not Confirmed
    (7) Xyskal - Regular User(Role) //Not Confirmed
    (8) Zero - Regular User (Role) //Confirmed

    I'll cast my vote when Exile's ability comes through.



    Spoiler for :

  3. #163
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorBlender View Post
    Your confusing words don't help your standing.
    Forgive a guy's shitty English, will ya?

    Also, somehow I feel like Arch's presence is pretty under the radar, aside from his Regular User ability on Exile. I'll personally flag him for attention, with 10% doubt of being hacker. If I die tonight, I'm going to eye him so hard from beyond the grave. But for now, Poppete is super suspicious.
    Last edited by Xate; 09-25-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  4. #164
    salad days are gone Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cydonia
    Posts
    8,457
    Nah arch is playing how he always plays when he's a townie. I'm pretty convinced he's not mafia.

  5. #165
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    Oh. I’m still worried, but sure.

    Hope the game goes well, Exile and Arch.
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  6. #166
    Artist/Animator Arch-Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Xate View Post
    Forgive a guy's shitty English, will ya?

    Also, somehow I feel like Arch's presence is pretty under the radar, aside from his Regular User ability on Exile. I'll personally flag him for attention, with 10% doubt of being hacker. If I die tonight, I'm going to eye him so hard from beyond the grave. But for now, Poppete is super suspicious.
    Aren't you on discord? lol

    `~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`


  7. #167
    Unlimited Potential Xate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,203
    You do? I don’t keep up with it a lot. What useful stuff did you say?
    Just an average person

    Spoiler for It's my past, ma:

  8. #168
    ★★★★★ Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Posts
    4,784
    Xate is right, Arch's presence within discussing something substantial here is minimal to none. For a player, not saying anything is beneficial for the Mafia because it limits discussion (The main tool of a townie) and hinders progress, so it'd be of best interest of a townie to actually discuss things. I went through the entire thread and his actions are:

    (1) Arch saying who should be lynched;
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Poppet and Xyskal are my first picks for people being mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    I'm pretty much settled on like three people I'd be okay with pursuing a day 1 lynch on and that's Xate, Xyskal, and Poppet because they're either the most suspicious, inactive, or no help to the town. Maybe even a mixture of all three, or not at all. Idunno.
    (2) Arch repeatedly stating people need to role claim;
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Lets get some more role claims. Im at work and have some other stuff Im gonna say and Ill claim my role in that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Gonna need Xate, Error, and Poppet to claim roles
    (3) Arch asking others to prove why they're not mafia yet barely provides any reliable actions that convinces me he's not mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Why dont you explain to us why youre not mafia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Yeah man. Gotta try to be less suspicious or people will find out youre mafia.
    (4) Arch voting for Poppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    #Vote Poppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    #unvote poppet

    waiting for results
    (5) Arch using his ability to get Exile out of his Hewitt role

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Youre retarded

    #arch report button Exile (Hewitt)
    and (6) Arch's non-value adding posts -- Not necessarily bad but when you haven't said anything substantial other than following through what we're doing, then that just rubs me off the wrong way

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Which is exactly what a bot would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Thats Poppetje3D, SPs lord and savior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    well shit, okay :/
    Not only that but he's claimed that he has "other stuff" to say and for him to claim his role by that post but that never happened:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Lets get some more role claims. Im at work and have some other stuff Im gonna say and Ill claim my role in that post.
    To which he only did when Exile started bringing him up to pressure him:
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Where the fuck is poppet? Arch has barely done anything either. Those two need to be pressured, gonna keep my vote on Arch for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Youre retarded

    #arch report button Exile (Hewitt)
    And finally:

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    That said, some of you probably know most of my correspondence this game has been through PM on discord, so inb4 I've been super inactive and no help or some shit.
    How is this okay? How are we supposed to know what he's said to each one of us if it's done behind the curtains?

    For all we know, he could be a mafia, trying to mess us up by misleading us and no one would know because it's all in PM. The fact that he's not even engaging in public discussion is enough for me to warrant as suspicious, even if he's doing this to "troll".

    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Nah arch is playing how he always plays when he's a townie. I'm pretty convinced he's not mafia.
    Bullshit.

    You expect me to believe that Arch is an absolute goodie townie because his style of playing is keeping what he discusses with, I presume, different people privately? What's the assurance that he's not a mafia when I can't even read what he's saying to people?

    The main point of being a townie was to discuss within each other, gauge reactions of other players to gain clues, and use that to decide who to lynch -- Not privately where no one can see it. How the hell are we supposed to do this if Arch is in a position where most of his "contribution" is within PM's? The worst part is that we're all just going along with it and immediately believing he's a townie and no one is making serious calls or pressuring him about this.

    I find it suspicious as well Exile that you had the same mindset but immediately pulled away just because he changed your role from Hewitt to something else and then when someone calls him out for being under our radar, you went in and made a pretty bold claim that you're convinced he's not mafia -- Something which I can't agree upon because he hasn't said anything that convinces me he's not a potential mafia. If you got convinced through PM's, then how the hell are we all supposed to believe you when it's just between the two of you?

    It sounds like you both are working together and these are good reasons why I suspect both of you for being mafia (Less with Exile but still), with Exile probably just saying these things because he's played with Arch before but I don't buy it.

    Look, I'm not saying to immediately lynch Arch or that I'm claiming he's a mafia (But I am suspicious of him now of being one). My vote will still be on Poppet because, even if he doesn't end up being a Mafia, he's definitely not playing for town, thus my instant vote on him instead of waiting for Friday because it's clear he has no plans of reasoning out his odd behavior.

    My quotes that are entirely focused on Arch isn't entirely fair because other players can be faulted for the same things as well. However, anyone of us is suspect of being Mafia, some less than others (Exile, Smile, and Error for me) and this means no one should be placed under the radar.

    Of course, this also applies to me and I'm willing to make discussions on what I did was suspicious -- Just not through PM so everyone can read and criticize what I'm saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    #Exile - report button - Poppet (Sectional mod)

    Figure my odds of dying tonight are pretty good regardless. Might as well use the ability
    I'm honestly confused on why you'd use your ability on Poppet.

    May I ask why the man on death row?
    Last edited by Zero; 09-26-2019 at 10:19 AM.




    ​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

    RHG

  9. #169
    Artist/Animator Arch-Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,540
    So now I’m guilty for not fluffing my posts with all of that nonsense emotional stuff? I was trying to bait Exile. I thought I told you specifically that while I was doing it via PM.

    you sound like you reeeeaaalllyyy want me to be guilty.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/dY7YKIw

    why don’t you tell us why poppet is on death row.
    Last edited by Arch-Angel; 09-26-2019 at 07:27 AM.

    `~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`


  10. #170
    ★★★★★ Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Posts
    4,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    So now I’m guilty for not fluffing my posts with all of that nonsense emotional stuff?
    What nonsense emotional stuff? You mean helping town move forward by contributing to the discussion?

    I've given out samples of your posts from the beginning of why I believe they're not value adding, or at least, substantial enough to help town move forward other than stating the obvious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    I was trying to bait Exile. I thought I told you specifically that while I was doing it via PM.
    Yeah, so you told me, which isn't my only point with my long ass post. Could you care to explain why majority of your contribution is through PM's and not through publicly discussing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    you sound like you reeeeaaalllyyy want me to be guilty.
    Someone clearly didn't read my entire post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Look, I'm not saying to immediately lynch Arch or that I'm claiming he's a mafia (But I am suspicious of him now of being one).
    Apparently, calling you out and being suspicious of you is immediately being me wanting you to be guilty. The main point is that you doing most of your stuff through PM doesn't sit well with me when discussion is a big part of being a townie and it's suspicious.

    EDIT: In response to your updated post

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    Here's the thing though: I have no idea what you've said to the others and that's what bothers me when majority of your activity (Which you stated) is through private messaging. If you were a mafia, you'd be in a very good position right now with how easily you can get away with what you say through PM'ing every single person that fits into their liking, thus lowering your chances of ever being caught.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
    why don’t you tell us why poppet is on death row.
    At this point, I'm not even sure if you're mainly playing Mafia here or on Discord:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    ...my top 3 picks (From highest to lowest) are the following:

    (1) Poppet - Doesn't answer questions; Barely contributes; Tries to act like it was all according to keikaku when it clearly wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    My vote will still be on Poppet because, even if he doesn't end up being a Mafia, he's definitely not playing for town, thus my instant vote on him instead of waiting for Friday because it's clear he has no plans of reasoning out his odd behavior.
    Poppet is already at my top 1 pick Arch and I don't see any other reason why other player's wouldn't vote for him with the way he's playing.

    It's just that you're just rising up the ranks of my suspicion list with how dismissive you are with my points and how weak your counter-arguments are.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-26-2019 at 02:24 PM.




    ​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

    RHG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •