StickPage Spring Animation Competition - For Glory: eSports - $5,000 in prizes, 15 placements, $1,500 first prize!
BEGINNER'S StickPage Spring Animation Competition - Unconventional Weapons - $1,000 in prizes!
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: It's 2019 so Let's Play Dead Ass Mafia!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyskal View Post
    And why exactly is that?
    Why don’t you explain to us why you’re not mafia?

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

Well as far as I'm aware, I haven't done anything or acted at all besides suggesting strategies to move forward and ask questions. Were my questions suspicious?
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Yeah man. Gotta try to be less suspicious or people will find out you’re mafia.

`~ "What is broken can be reforged" ~`

Hi guys, sorry have to make a clarification. Alot of things were asked so here's the nitty gritty:

- There are TWO Hackers in this setup. Their goal is to reduce town so that they tie them in number or are greater than them.

- The only thing that can get a Bot inadvertently killed is the Sectional and the Regular User.

- The Animator DOES NOT trigger the Bot's effect, because his Day ability is a private reveal not a public one.

- The Sectional's Ability is automatic. I will be force revealing the target's Role, not the Sectional.

- There will be no flavor indicating who kills who at night. Deaths are announced as neutral as possible. When a kill fails, I will not mention that it has failed.

This is the beginning of the game though, isn't it? Is it really that weird to be asking questions?
    Spoiler for my favorite quote on this entire website.:

Okay, so i just got the time to actually catch up with where we are right now (Along with reading through the roles again). I'll summarize the major discussion points thus far, give my input on it, and chime in my ideas on minimizing our casualties on Day 1 (If not possible, then maximize our information gathering for Day 2).

*Also, I created a table with how each role interacts with one another (Both in day and in night cycle) because it's honestly confusing as hell without it for me.

(1) Mass role claim [Smile & Exile]

Input: We have to make a consensus if whether or not we're willing to shoulder the risks of choosing to role claim. On one hand, if we all choose to role claim, we'll be able to sort out and have much more information to work on but this will also mean painting a target on roles that are deemed as high valued to the mafia. On the other hand, if we don't role claim, then the mafia wouldn't know which one to kill first (in terms of role importance) but we wouldn't have any reliable info to work with either -- Personally, I'm all in for a mass role claim.

(1a) Role claim who's a bot or not [Exile]
    Input: Sure. We'll be able to avoid unnecessary death's on nighttime (If ever we decide to use our abilities at night that is). However, my concern is that at the same time, if the mafia has an SM in their team (Which is 12.50% chance of 2 players), this would definitely be an instant kill for the bot. Regular users shouldn't be a problem in our early phases of the game as that would immediately paint the one who called out your role as one of the mafia (A worthy sacrifice).

Although, it's a bit too late for me to be saying this since you guys have already done some role claiming.

(2) Any actions during the night doesn't work in favor of the town [Exile]
    Input: Not necessarily -- If we are able to role claim AND verify roles that has the potential to reveal (On the day), we'll be able maximize our actions at night instead of using our abilities blindly or not using them at all (Which isn't value adding in getting a town win -- Sure, you lose nothing but you also gain nothing). Still, if ever we're not able to get any reliable info before night approaches, then my take is not to use our abilities (Less probable casualties this way)

(3) No lynch on the first day [Xyskal]
    Input: I disagree with not lynching on the first day but I also disagree with random lynching with what little info we have right now.

Here is my suggestion:
    My idea is to meet halfway -- I'd say those who are Bots, Animators, Regular Users, Sectional Mods, and Global Mods should definitely role claim. Bots need to role claim as stated in my Input (1a) and the rest I listed also needs to role claim because these are the roles that has the potential to reveal other roles (See table below), so we can have a gameplan -- Alternatively, we can just decide on a mass role claim but still focus on these roles I listed.

I haven't thought out about the details yet but one of the things we can do is keep the animators role constant (No one should swap or call them out to drop their roles) as these are the players that can check roles daily. If in the event there are more than 3 regular users, we can use the 2 to call out themselves as to get another role card in the pool that could help us out better (My minimum number to keep is 1 Regular user, just in case the mafia is a bot and we can use this info).

This should allow us to maximize information gathering which should minimize casualties at night (GM Highest Possible Day Ban % is actually 31.25% -- Forgot to update it)

*Total Potential Role Reveal Value is basically just the role's value when it comes to potentially revealing other roles (The higher the number, the higher that roles value is)
    *Higher picture resolution: https://sta.sh/029ta3hr9rj4

Do correct me if my math and role analysis is off.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-21-2019 at 10:54 PM.

​_________________________________________________ _________
    ... ... ... ... ...

RHG

my guy out here making an excel spreadsheet about mafia at 1am...

While I appreciate the length and thoroughness of your post, two things you've said concern me:

1. You disagreed with a nolynch on day 1, which isn't a wrong opinion but it's not exactly something you just say and not elaborate. If you were mafia, you'd want there to be a lynch because if a townie gets killed, and you get to kill another townie at night, that's greatly increases you chances of winning the game.

2. You suggested Animators, Regular Users, Sectional Mods, and Global Mods to role claim. Three of these reveal other people's roles which is important in finding out information for the town. It would be in the best interest of the mafia if they were removed from the game, and killing them on night 1 would be ideal.

#unvote Xate

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    my guy out here making an excel spreadsheet about mafia at 1am...
    It's something I thought would be useful in making sure our gameplan is solid with the amount of roles that interact in this setup of probabilities (Annnnnnd I'm not good with memorization).

While I appreciate the length and thoroughness of your post, two things you've said concern me:

1. You disagreed with a nolynch on day 1, which isn't a wrong opinion but it's not exactly something you just say and not elaborate. If you were mafia, you'd want there to be a lynch because if a townie gets killed, and you get to kill another townie at night, that's greatly increases you chances of winning the game.
    I also said I disagree on the notion of a random lynch without information.

The main message of my response with Xyskal was that we're probably jumping the gun too quickly with what little information we have on our hands. I'd say let's get the needed data we need then we make a vote with that supporting data. It's way better than accidentally lynching a townie (A 75% chance v.s a 25% chance in hitting a mafia).

2. You suggested Animators, Regular Users, Sectional Mods, and Global Mods to role claim. Three of these reveal other people's roles which is important in finding out information for the town. It would be in the best interest of the mafia if they were removed from the game, and killing them on night 1 would be ideal.

#unvote Xate
    Yeah but if we're going to ultimately decide to mass claim, then these roles would come out regardless and if we don't, then I have no idea how the hell we're going to move forward securely with what little info we have.

My suggestion is to at least try to keep information as minimal as possible to the mafia (Not giving out every single role so the mafia knows who is who) whilst maximizing ours (Giving out roles that, whilst high value, also allow us to gain knowledge on day 1) -- Of course the role claim I listed are important because these are the only roles that can reveal/identify other roles (See the table I made). If you guys have any other ideas on how we can get information without having to risk role claiming, then I'm all ears but I'm honestly stumped on how we're going to do that (For all we know, the Mafia could be lying about their roles as well if we don't monitor it closely).

Let's not forget that if a Hewitt role is present in the Day 1 setup, even if the mafia were to target the supposedly GM/SM, that gives us 2 days where we can gather info (Which I believe would be enough).

Again, I'm open to whatever you guys have in mind but with the way things are going, the Mafia has the upper hand as of the moment.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-21-2019 at 10:45 PM.

... ... ... ... ...

RHG

If we're to force certain people to roleclaim, then a mass roleclaim would give the town something to work with, as opposed to revealing only a few roles that are all primary mafia targets.

We can't be reliant on the roles and their powers to decide, this is mafia where discussion is the town's best weapon. I think we've already reached a point where we realize that none of us are going to come up with any plan that will lead to a smoking gun. The best way I can think of playing this game is to use our powers to generate discussion.

#Smile - RHG Duel - Poppetje3D

If we're to force certain people to roleclaim, then a mass roleclaim would give the town something to work with, as opposed to revealing only a few roles that are all primary mafia targets.
    Sure, I've already agreed with doing a mass roleclaim with my previous post anyway.

We can't be reliant on the roles and their powers to decide, this is mafia where discussion is the town's best weapon.
    I'm not saying the roles and their abilities are the absolute deciding factor on progress but we can't just vote randomly and make independent actions at night either (Which can most likely bring more harm than good to the town) if we know very little.

I'm all for discussion my dude thus my suggestion to hopefully generate some ideas.

I think we've already reached a point where we realize that none of us are going to come up with any plan that will lead to a smoking gun. The best way I can think of playing this game is to use our powers to generate discussion.

#Smile - RHG Duel - Poppetje3D
    I'll follow suit -- My current role as of the moment is a Regular User.

For Day 1, I find it difficult to think of a way to use it to help move us forward other than me making a random guess to a player we believe is suspicious of false claiming a role (With a 12.50% chance of getting it right). No idea why they would do that though but that's all I could think of right now -- I won't do it until we get a list of who's who first though to prevent accidentally killing a player who could be a bot.

Anyway, why Poppet? Is it just a random pick to start something or do you have another reason for it? I was expecting you'd go for Xate since you voted him first.
    Last edited by Zero; 09-22-2019 at 12:16 AM.

... ... ... ... ...

RHG

Thread Information